Boma vs Tusker House

correcaminos

Thanks. I couldn't really remember what the food was like at Boma except that we didn't think it was that great. For some reason, I thought both Boma and TH had an African and Indian flare to it.
Boma was definitely more African to me. Sanaa is closer to east Asian out of the three but still not really solid Indian hints either. I think TH is maybe Americanized African? Dunno really just not a fan of 2 ot the three I mentioned. Maybe we can describe their flare as "not good African flare" ? ;)

DfromATX

Original Poster
Boma was definitely more African to me. Sanaa is closer to east Asian out of the three but still not really solid Indian hints either. I think TH is maybe Americanized African? Dunno really just not a fan of 2 ot the three I mentioned. Maybe we can describe their flare as "not good African flare" ? ;)

LOL :D I'm sure they are all pretty Americanized.

correcaminos

Our trip is a ways off, but my plan so far is to rope drop FOP and then high tail it over to Navi River with hopefully minimal wait, then I am hoping to score a FP for FOP in the evening so we can experience day and night times.
Even if you don't have a FP in the evening I think it is wise it to go back just to look around. With a 2 hour wait time for stand by in the morning (guessing on that) I'm not sure you'd have time for both unless it was an 8 am opening. Even then without a FP for one good be pushing it. In our experience stand by for FOP was less at night than in the morning

Last edited:

righttrack

I wouldn't do both places in the same day. That said, Tusker has it's good points and it's a fun location but it's not anywhere near the culinary experience Boma is in terms of quality and variety. There is some overlap in terms of flavors, yes Tusker has some Indian-inspired dishes like samosas and sometimes something from the tandoori.

JohnD

I wouldn't try them back to back. Either rope drop or FP+ FOP in the morning. Return to Pandora in the evening after ROL for Navi River. Again, my wait was 5 minutes.

If you have an ADR for 10:30 or later, I would just do FOP first thing, walk to Africa, take in the first show of FOTLK at 10am (the show is 30 min), then check in for your ADR at TH.

I think that would cut down on the stress level to book it to TH after Navi River. Instead 30 minutes to chill out and enjoy a show then check in for your meal.

DfromATX

Original Poster
I wouldn't try them back to back. Either rope drop or FP+ FOP in the morning. Return to Pandora in the evening after ROL for Navi River. Again, my wait was 5 minutes.

If you have an ADR for 10:30 or later, I would just do FOP first thing, walk to Africa, take in the first show of FOTLK at 10am (the show is 30 min), then check in for your ADR at TH.

I think that would cut down on the stress level to book it to TH after Navi River. Instead 30 minutes to chill out and enjoy a show then check in for your meal.

I just don't want to miss it. We will definitely rope drop FOP. If after that the wait is not too long for Navi River, we'll give it a try. As for TH breakfast, that is what I am going to try to do, but after playing around with dates that are now 6 months out, I'm getting discouraged with dining. Most places are already booked 6 months out. And this is when school is in... I hate to see how busy it'll be next summer when we go.

JohnD

I just don't want to miss it. We will definitely rope drop FOP. If after that the wait is not too long for Navi River, we'll give it a try. As for TH breakfast, that is what I am going to try to do, but after playing around with dates that are now 6 months out, I'm getting discouraged with dining. Most places are already booked 6 months out. And this is when school is in... I hate to see how busy it'll be next summer when we go.

Keep trying. If you can't get breakfast book an early lunch (if you can grab one). Regularly try to change your reservation after that. I wouldn't be surprised if ADRs open up after TSL opening is officially announced.

DfromATX

Original Poster
Keep trying. If you can't get breakfast book an early lunch (if you can grab one). Regularly try to change your reservation after that. I wouldn't be surprised if ADRs open up after TSL opening is officially announced.

Will do. Thanks, you've been very helpful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom