BOG Lunch FP = Success IMO

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
We tried it out on Sunday and it worked like a breeze! I was nervous, so I popped by about 45 min early to make sure I was on the list and looking to the right place to check in. A girl with a tablet at the check in area was able to confirm I was in the system and just said to return in my window and one of them would check me in and get us taken care of. And when noon rolled around, she did just that. We checked in and were told to meet another CM (gave us his name) at the restaurant entrance. Said CM at the entrance checked our order (I pre-ordered our food), had me pay for it with my Magic Band, and told us to sit wherever we'd like. While DD4 wasn't too happy about it, DD7 picked an open table in the West Wing. Someone checked on our ticket pretty quickly and our food was on the table within a few minutes.

The only downside...I got a few snide comments from people wanting to inform me that it was a restaurant...not a ride...and that there were no fastpasses. Oh well, still totally worth it IMO if you're able to get a FP+ for BOG.

TheMouseFan

I am so hoping we get the chance to do this in November. Now I just need to figure out my resort reservation ID, which is apparently different from the confirmation number as I tried logging onto the BOG FP+ page and was unable to do so!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I am so hoping we get the chance to do this in November. Now I just need to figure out my resort reservation ID, which is apparently different from the confirmation number as I tried logging onto the BOG FP+ page and was unable to do so!

We had a room only reservation, so I was just able to use the confirm number for our lodging in the reservations portion on the Disney website. I really hope you're able to book it as it makes lunch at BOG a breeze.

Tink0102

We tried it out on Sunday and it worked like a breeze! I was nervous, so I popped by about 45 min early to make sure I was on the list and looking to the right place to check in. A girl with a tablet at the check in area was able to confirm I was in the system and just said to return in my window and one of them would check me in and get us taken care of. And when noon rolled around, she did just that. We checked in and were told to meet another CM (gave us his name) at the restaurant entrance. Said CM at the entrance checked our order (I pre-ordered our food), had me pay for it with my Magic Band, and told us to sit wherever we'd like. While DD4 wasn't too happy about it, DD7 picked an open table in the West Wing. Someone checked on our ticket pretty quickly and our food was on the table within a few minutes.

The only downside...I got a few snide comments from people wanting to inform me that it was a restaurant...not a ride...and that there were no fastpasses. Oh well, still totally worth it IMO if you're able to get a FP+ for BOG.
They were just mad because they hadn't thought of it!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
As of right now our reservations are room only with DDP. Did you have to link your park tickets for FP+ to work?

This is the link I used to book it...
https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/
It is totally separate from all other FP+ so you will still get all of your attraction FP+s if you can do the BOG dining one. I haven't seen many people have luck past this current week in Sept, but it can't hurt to keep trying.

crispy

Thanks so much for this! Did you get any type of confirmation number? I received confirmation on the page when I booked, but no number or anything else.

Bowler Hat Girl

I was also there Sunday for lunch using FP+! We arrived just at the start of our window and heard some CMs telling guests it was an hour and fifteen minute wait at that point, so I was sure glad we had the FP! It's funny though, b/c we had a short line in front of us when we went to check in, and it sounded like most guests were asking how to get a FP for it and saying they had Magic Bands and wasn't that enough. I'm so grateful we had the FP even if it was a bit early. I would do that again in a heartbeat!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Thanks so much for this! Did you get any type of confirmation number? I received confirmation on the page when I booked, but no number or anything else.

I didn't get any kind of confirm. I don't think they're currently generating any. This is also why I double checked prior to our FP window for this...i.e. if they didn't have our info, I had time to regroup and make different lunch plans. Still, it worked flawlessly.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Don't you love when people look at you like you stink because you have something they don't? :bored: So juvenile!

Speaking of juveniles...one of the ladies who commented was there with her elementary age daughter. Said child backed up her mom by parroting her and saying to me "yeeeeeaaaah, there are no fast passes for restaurants." She was loud and super snotty/whiny about it. While I didn't stick around to discuss it, I said something about us testing it and just proceeded to the check in booth for the good news that all was good in the system.

Disneydreamer23

Can you guys tell me where I would find the reservation ID i am trying to put mine in but it has letters and Will only let me put in numbers some one help :)

I have mine for Sunday! I'm so glad to hear that it went smoothly! I'm way beyond excited to eat here and I think my mom thinks I'm nuts, lol.

Dwarful

I keep trying, but my res. number has letters and numbers and it won't accept the letters. I am going to try to call WDW tomorrow and see if I can get any help in figuring this one out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom