BOG Breakfast. Sad!

Mrhappyplace

I've had breakfast at BOG twice. The first time I had Eggs Florentine and thought it was a great experience, somewhat overpriced but when factoring in the early entry into MK worth it for us. The second time I also got the Feast A La Gaston and while the food was served at the proper temperature nothing on my plate impressed me. Seemed like a meal I could order at any establishment that serves breakfast and grossely overpriced. I don't believe we will be going back for a third BOG breakfast but if being in the park before opening is worth something to you and you can get a adr for a time well before park opening I don't think it is a awful value.

EvilQueen-T

I've done all 3 meals (I travel with different family members when they come down to visit and someone always has to try it) and have found food and service have been hit or miss with breakfast probably the worst because it's so hard to keep things like eggs hot with the assembly line set up they have. But honestly all 3 meals times we've seen basically the same issue. The venue is amazing but the rest is so inconsistent it's crazy.

drizgirl

The consensus seems to be that the reason for the high breakfast prices at BoG is specifically because it includes the unofficial early entry perk.

I don't think I've read any positive reviews of the breakfast food there.

That's funny. I keep hearing that pre park open breakfast only gets you breakfast.

Kevin_W

The consensus seems to be that the reason for the high breakfast prices at BoG is specifically because it includes the unofficial early entry perk.

I don't think I've read any positive reviews of the breakfast food there.

We'll here's your first positive review! We ate breakfast there ~2 years ago (I think, the price point was $20 instead of $24 at the time) and we thoroughly enjoyed our food. We had the open-faced sandwich and the eggs florentine (which appears to no longer be on the menu?).

danyoung56

That's funny. I keep hearing that pre park open breakfast only gets you breakfast.

You still need to have a ticket to the park for that day. But if you book an early breakfast, you can get in before the official opening time, which can be pretty cool.

drizgirl

You still need to have a ticket to the park for that day. But if you book an early breakfast, you can get in before the official opening time, which can be pretty cool.

I understand that. And agree. But many still claim that you get (and should expect) nothing more than a donut for that $24.

danyoung56

I understand that. And agree. But many still claim that you get (and should expect) nothing more than a donut for that $24.

Sorry, but I don't agree with that at all. For $24 you should get a great breakfast. The early entry thing is just the gravy, not something I'm paying for. There are other restaurants on property, like the Crystal Palace and Tusker House, that have early entry breakfasts that are MUCH better than what BOG is serving. I really think they need to step up their game.

macefamily

During our trip earlier this month we HAD to go to BOG because my daughter is a huge Beauty and the Beast fan. First, the
so-called reservation you make is a lie. Your "reservation" gets you into the place to place your order for extremely over-priced
food. Then, you are left to fend for yourself to find a table. Both times we ate there it took us 25 minutes to find seating. They obviously over-book. The portions are ridiculous for the price. $24 for a quiche which was a big as a piece of soap and a few grapes and a small slice of melon. Three hours after breakfast we all went to Casey's for lunch. I highly suggest the loaded foot long hot dog. Now that is a meal ! OK, it's $11.50, but I wasn't hungry the rest of the day. Much better value than BOG.

LeighM

During our trip earlier this month we HAD to go to BOG because my daughter is a huge Beauty and the Beast fan. First, the
so-called reservation you make is a lie. Your "reservation" gets you into the place to place your order for extremely over-priced
food. Then, you are left to fend for yourself to find a table. Both times we ate there it took us 25 minutes to find seating. They obviously over-book. The portions are ridiculous for the price. $24 for a quiche which was a big as a piece of soap and a few grapes and a small slice of melon. Three hours after breakfast we all went to Casey's for lunch. I highly suggest the loaded foot long hot dog. Now that is a meal ! OK, it's $11.50, but I wasn't hungry the rest of the day. Much better value than BOG.

If you order your food ahead of time on MDE, then you can skip the step of ordering your food. Once you enter the restaurant and check in, there's someone to confirm your order. Then you're able to find a seat. Pre-ordering your food at BoG breakfast and lunch can save a huge amount of time especially if going during a busy time. Since BoG is quick service during those times, the seating doesn't really bother me because it's just like any other quick service restaurant and the difficulty in finding a table. I've never been able to eat at Casey's because I've never been able to get a table. And there's no way I could eat one of those hot dogs while standing LOL. The only quick service places I've always found easy seating,no matter the time, is Sunshine Seasons and Columbia Harbor House (2nd level). Which, are two of my favorite quick service places to eat. Coincidence? Probably not ;)

Uncle Lupe

Anybody had any recent experinces with breakfast. Has it improved or stayed the same? Was able to secure a reservation the last day of our stay so we are super excited to experience the atmosphere. You know for the kids ;). But if breakfast is that bad i'll dump it IF I can get a lunch reservation.

contrariwise

Definitely Be Our Guest is NOT for breakfast at all. Way overly priced and the food is something you can get at any breakfast place. That being said the Dinner is much better at Be Our Guest and well worth it.
This is interesting. I know some people are saying it's overpriced for breakfast food, and that's the problem. For me, I was ok with the price going in. Yes, it's exorbitant, but that wasn't the problem for me. The problem is that the food was bad. Bland, lukewarm and sad. An Egg McMuffin is better food -- by a long shot. I disagree that it's something you can get at any breakfast place. Most breakfast places wouldn't serve food this bad.

I expect overpriced food at Disney. I don't expect so little care to be put into creating and serving decent food.

Flyersgirl17

I've had all 3 meals at BOG. Our breakfast, although way too pricey, wasn't horrible tasting. One of my kids ordered the donut. Took 1 bite and hated it. I mentioned something to the waiter and he brought out a fresh plate of scrambled eggs & bacon and 2 bowls of fresh fruit. It was no problem at all. The rest of us really enjoyed it. I guess it really is hit or miss.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
BoG food is mediocre at best. It's not what you'd expect for the price even if you can buy alcohol to drown your sorrows about what you just have been served.

Jo DeVil

We did Lunch and Dinner when it first opened, as far as we are concerned we tried it, took the photos, Meet Beast. The dishes lied the grey stuff is not delicious! Which I know we are in a minority but we were not impressed with the food or the service. We wont pay that price for the breakfast and have no intent of trying it again until it improves drastically. At least that is one more ADR available for those who love it.

Tony the Tigger

How is the BOG dinner ? We are thinking about booking one night this summer ?

I've had dinner there three times. I had an excellent experience twice but the third time was just okay. Our waiter the third time didn't play his role very well and the food wasn't super hot.

There's actually a whole separate thread about dinner, with the consensus seeming to be that it was much better when it first opened and has gone downhill since.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom