Bob Iger: "We Don't Believe We Have A Pricing Issue At Our Domestic Parks"

Anders Limpar

Here’s where you have to be realistic...

Do you think any of the current crop of awful world leaders and economists have “solved the recession”?

Absolutely not. The only difference when the egg hatches this time...it may be a velociraptor instead of a chicken.

I know the young and the greedy have convinced themselves on boards such as these that we are entering a world of “pure wealth” and “Disney luxury”...

...hold my beer 😎 This is not an “if” question.

Jurassic Park raptors or real life raptors? I take your point though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Completely agree. Personally, I'd pay $200-$300 per day for a reasonable crowd level before paying current prices for current crowds -which is why the Mouse and I are taking some time apart to examine our relationship. 😁
No such scenario exists...
You want to pay $500 for an empty 1970-80s issue amusement park?

Gee...that’d be swell😉

Maybe the pasta at Tony’s wouldn’t taste like chef boyardee then??

KBLovedDisney

KBLovedDisney

Actually seems somewhat reasonable, even if it’s after 12. I don’t think the pricing issue is with admission or even with the price. The only issue I have is the quality standard slipping.
I do believe they did the Mid-day ticket as an after effect cause of over-pricing, like they are trying to pull people back in by offering something cheaper...maybe.

thomas998

3% tho, that is a tiny blip. Hard to explain with any certainty in many situations. Definitely not enough for a regular person to enjoy. Enjoy as in, a signal for those that have been avoiding the crowds to return.

Lol, I need to see a nice 20% dip for me to return. :p
3% deep if your talking about attendance in the 10's of millions over all the parks is pretty significant because every one of those visitors would be expected to be spending money during each day's visit. The analysts that follow theme parks might give him a pass at this point, but if the visitors don't return after a full quarter of Galaxy's Edge they will be sounding alarms. While some of those analysts are clueless hires that just parrot what they are told by CEO's there are always some that take their jobs seriously and will be running numbers and have their own models that they use for the analyst reports they issue on Disney. It will be interesting when some of those reports come out as to whether the ones from the big banks are drinking the koolaid or are seeing signs of weakness.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
View attachment 398571View attachment 398572
I was just coming here to mention that!

This is like a tacky “hood-o-ticket”??
Actually seems somewhat reasonable, even if it’s after 12. I don’t think the pricing issue is with admission or even with the price. The only issue I have is the quality standard slipping.
And of course...the great mouse knows all😂

Goofyernmost

Literally never seen anything like that in the 40 days I’ve visited Tokyo. That’s likely a one off and also very old practice. Look how old the video is.
I saw that when attempting to buy a ticket on the bullet train back in 1970. I can't tell you how many old (I'm talking ancient here) keep pushing in from the side to get ahead of me in the queue to buy a ticket. I was taught not to rough up a senior citizen and since I couldn't speak the language I let it go until I started running out of time to catch the train, then I might have knocked a couple of them over, don't know, I never looked back. Priorities my friend!

bjlc57

let me just say that the laws of economics stress that once you DO cross that tipping point.. even if just a fraction.. its extremely hard to go back.. and to be in denial does not help the Disney situation.. Now maybe Iger is posting a big front.. but that he knows that they have gone too far and doesn't want to panic the shareholders.. and that some way some how he is going to reach into his bag of tricks and Pixie Dust and bring us all back.. maybe the Sorcerer will return in time to save the park from drowning in the endless buckets of water.. but he better get ON HIS HORSE and start spurring.. because any ANY COMPANY can go down the tubes.. i.e. General Motors or the number one and number sales stores for most of my life time Sears and Penneys..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom