News Bob Iger talks about attendance declines, ticket pricing, the feud with Ron DeSantis, and his huge optimism for Disney Parks and Resorts

SplashJacket

Legitimate question. Has there ever been a time at any Disney resort where zero discounts were offered and it was absolutely 100% full all the time? Outside the post-pandemic surge travel, I honestly don’t think there was ever a busier time.

They printed money when they could (as any other company could) and now they’re having to be brought back down to earth, I don’t even see how this is a special case, seems business as normal, to be completely honest.

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
His comments are hilariously stupid. In other words, he did exactly what he was supposed to do and read a bunch of pre-written comments written by the PR and Finance departments off a teleprompter. The parks are fine! Because 6 months of discounts are the norm, right? Florida is seeing an overall decline in tourists. Not according to several measuring sticks. The parks are slightly down because of the heat. Yeah, it's never been hot in Florida in the summer before.

🐄💩

SplashJacket

His response to the WSJ article was even better. “Well, actually, it’s not accurate and crowds were low because it was hot on July 4th…” Are we sure he’s not posting here?
Yeah that’s the most BS excuse I’ve ever seen. People don’t plan their WDW vacations on a whim, so weather is rarely a factor unless a hurricane rolls through.

That’s the oldest excuse in the book, one that six flags loves to flaunt pretty often.

mattpeto

He got rid of the parking fees at the WDW hotels. Must have been a huge bale of straw on a camel for guests. 🤷‍♀️

I caught that tidbit too. He and we have different opinions on “fixed the pricing” issue. I guess he thinks he can sell future price increases better than the other Bob. Since he expects turbocharged growth.

Let's not forget that Genie+ is cheaper at AK. /s

I feel more confused after hearing Iger speak.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Other items that the article didn't cover but were discussed was the potential to spin off or partner with other companies for non core operating units like ABC and ESPN.

mightynine

Thank goodness he fixed the pricing issues. Looks like the remaining 14 years of his CEOship should be a cakewalk for him.

We keep hearing this line about expansion potential. Where are the MK and DAK construction walls now that Journey of Water is complete?
To be fair, the other parks probably won't be able to handle the surge of guests booking trips right now to experience Journey of Water when it opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom