News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

jpeden

In the Parks
No
:depressed:

This is absolutely bizarre. For years now Iger has said he is going to be leaving and then extending his tenure. He repeatedly promised a planned and orderly leadership transition. An immediate change doesn’t align at all with that past behavior.

Iger still leading creativity is at least a good laugh.

Unless he’s gonna get in the Presidential race.....

csmat99

How long before Comcast buys what is left of the dumpster fire formerly know as Disney? I give it two years. I also have feeling ESPN is losing NFL.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 4.27.27 PM.png

@realBobChapek get your headshot right. We all know you're bald, we don't need to see the top half of your torso to hide it.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
It feels extremely sudden and this is not something you spring on investors as an 'immediate' thing unless something is going on, especially with a contract that had just shy of two years remaining on it. You normally announce your succession plan with a date as to when someone is going to take over to help soothe investors nerves.

Stock is down right now and it will be interesting to see what happens during after-hours trading. I don't see it catering, but definitely would not be surprised by a 10% drop considering how well Iger has done for investors, all dependent on how Wall St. feels about Chapek.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom