Bob Iger on CNBC/SDL Opening News thread

lazyboy97o

It does make you wonder how many tickets were actually sold for the opening. I don't want to imagine that park with 60K in it. All those empty green 'lawns' are going to covered with people and trash.
The lawn spaces are already being prepped for this, complete with picnic benches. The whole thing is sure to be an operational cluster for a long time.

SMLR

How come the grand opening special is not listed on my TV ?

And it seems like Good Morning America is doing their own special coverage as well?

xstech25

Bob Iger did a much, much, much better job with this property did than Eisner did with Hong Kong. He took the time and spent the money to really make this property stellar. I don't hate Eisner like many other fans do, but I will admit that several of the parks built with him in charge were too small, not enough attractions, not well planned out, etc. Hong Kong obviously was never intended to be as big or successful as this one however they should have done better than they did. Shanghai is a massive improvement over any of the other parks built in the past 20 years.

Also just because the park is being littered and people are going to the bathroom outside of the restrooms doesn't mean the park isn't going to be a success. That won't bother anyone except for non-Chinese. I've been to theme parks in China and they all have this including the "bumrush" lines. It's not going to keep people from going.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Bob Iger did a much, much, much better job with this property did than Eisner did with Hong Kong. He took the time and spent the money to really make this property stellar. I don't hate Eisner like many other fans do, but I will admit that several of the parks built with him in charge were too small, not enough attractions, not well planned out, etc. Hong Kong obviously was never intended to be as big or successful as this one however they should have done better than they did. Shanghai is a massive improvement over any of the other parks built in the past 20 years.

Also just because the park is being littered and people are going to the bathroom outside of the restrooms doesn't mean the park isn't going to be a success. That won't bother anyone except for non-Chinese. I've been to theme parks in China and they all have this including the "bumrush" lines. It's not going to keep people from going.
I dont think Bob Iger risked as much as Eisner.
I mean.. TWDC is monstrous size wise now.
5 billions isnt that much compared to their $$$$ in the coffers compared to other mammoth projects like EPCOT.

lazyboy97o

What worse, minimal capacity with low expectation and low cost or minimal capacity with high expectation and outrageous cost? This park is no better designed or fleshed out, just bigger and way over priced because Disney did not understand the process.

Mike S

What worse, minimal capacity with low expectation and low cost or minimal capacity with high expectation and outrageous cost? This park is no better designed or fleshed out, just bigger and way over priced because Disney did not understand the process.
The process they practically invented.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom