Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

NearTheEars

No info ... although strong belief that you won't see it again. They only like to use Walt as a character, like Mickey or Tink or Elsa or Buzz or Darth Vader etc ... to sell things. They really don't want you to know he was a man, a visionary, and someone who very likely wouldn't like a lot of what has happened in his absence. They put the attraction in because they needed something cheap that 'honored' Walt for the 2001-02 marketing celebration they chose instead of a 30th anniversary celebration. It made no sense to close it, so it has remained since. But they need that real estate now.

So, my guess is back to the archives goes most of what's in there.

That's so sad. It's one of my favorite attractions in all of WDW.
Very inspirational. I wish it was moved to MSUSA.

ThemeParkJunkee

I'd stay in for the long haul. Any drop from CapEx will be offset by a spike from the Lucasfilm segment... but I'm just a random guy on a message board. Alas there no way in hell I sell before Ep7. Between box office and merchandising? Dios mio....

Thanks tho.

Totally appreciate the attendance work you are doing. I'm and Exell person myself but am too lazy to do the math for a 7% of my investment. DIS is not actually the best performer. So thanks goes to you. The best performers are Starbucks, Microsoft and a random trucking company called Landstar. But, I Buy and Hold....so there is that.

I am semi-retired, hence my frequent presence on a message board. Appreciate your work on behalf of the cause. Great graphs BTW.

PhotoDave219

That would have to be one hell of an impressive Toy Story Playland -- it's a massive amount of space you are talking about. They could have gotten enough land for TSPL -- with plenty left over -- just with the Backlot Tour closure. if they really are leveling One Man's Dream and the Animation building to go along with the Backlot Tour, then there really does have to be some significant stuff coming. And part of that would hopefully be an improvement to the park's layout/guest flow.

We've assumed Toy Story Play Land.

All I've heard is "Pixar".... neither confirming nor ruling that out. So who knows exactly what Pixar means in this instance.

PhotoDave219

@ford91exploder "resident curmudgeon" fits you extremely well...I think that every time I read your posts.

Back to topic at hand...I do wonder what the survival chances of Fantasmic! (edited to correct auto-correct :facepalm:) are...it's on the opposite side of the park from everything getting the axe & newer than Illuminations, but I can't help but think they would want a new night show to go with their (mostly new) DHS? Something with a Pixar & SW presence? Maybe they will go the way of DL & not do it every night?

I've head nothing about Fantasmic either way, So i will continue to operate under the assumption that its going to be fine, in the immediate future.

PhotoDave219

Totally appreciate the attendance work you are doing. I'm and Exell person myself but am too lazy to do the math for a 7% of my investment. DIS is not actually the best performer. So thanks goes to you. The best performers are Starbucks, Microsoft and a ramdom trucking company called Landstar. But, I Buy and Hold....so there is that.

I am semi-retired, hence my frequent presence on a message board. Appreciate your work on behalf of the cause. Great graphs BTW.

More stuff on Wednesday, looking at the first 6 months.

Cesar R M

bloggingformoney.gif

And that's just the part they spilled onto the floor...
hang on, theres more?

IS THIS REAL? OR IS IT JUST FANTASY?

Wouldn't it be great if Marni yelled April Fools
7Xkoe.gif

Fantasmicguy

@ford91exploder "resident curmudgeon" fits you extremely well...I think that every time I read your posts.

Back to topic at hand...I do wonder what the survival chances of Fantasmic! (edited to correct auto-correct :facepalm:) are...it's on the opposite side of the park from everything getting the axe & newer than Illuminations, but I can't help but think they would want a new night show to go with their (mostly new) DHS? Something with a Pixar & SW presence? Maybe they will go the way of DL & not do it every night?
Well I really hope it is not leaving but I think Pixar could be added easily. And upgrades including a new dragon would also be awesome. I was also thinking maybe frozen, big hero 6, wreck it ralph,tangled, and princess and the frog will eventually have made the bubble secquence. I truely doubt they have a real good reason to close it as it still packs a full house every night for both performances.

Cesar R M

I don't take the information as "wrong" or "plugging leaks" or "toying" But look at how fast word got out about the Tiered pricing, and then the EMH stuff. Somebody was surprised that their wife found out about the EMH rumors through Facebook. This may be a case where Disney wants all of this out there to generate even greater than normal "positive buzz." If they are spending as much, as being discussed, it's less risky if everyone gets really excited about it, and it may even be easier to slide in stuff like tiered pricing, and half of DHS being closed because now fans know it's "justified" because OMG they are spending $5 Trillion on Star Wars!!!!!
not if the plans were told to just very specific people.
That would be easy to start on "who to remove" to stop the leaks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom