Bob Chapek's response to Florida's 'Don't Say Gay' bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas Disney Fan

I guess they can enjoy the Ark Encounter. I'll enjoy fewer people in line at the park.

Also, for every guest that cancels, there's another one that'll come in.

Universal has become, for the first time, a real theme park option other than Disney.

I just watched a video on Sears/Kmart the other night that highlighted how they both went from dominant in their market, with a few thousand locations each, to both likely closing their last remaining stores in 2022.

Everyone looks untouchable until it’s too late. Reservations, Genie+, and prices are the real risk, this just adds to a growing list of things that will make some people question a Disney trip.

Casper Gutman

You can debate whether this is good or bad all day long, but you can't really debate that it doesn't exist.

(The article is biased and clearly written by someone with an agenda of their own, but the video sort of speaks for itself even without the spin.)

Are you under the impression that Disney exclusively or even primarily contributes to Republicans?
First of all, this article - and the one it links to, and the posts by activist Chris Rufo - straight up lie. Nowhere in the video of Karey Burke that is circulating widely does she claim what Rufo pretends she claims, that 50% of their characters should be from underrepresented groups. In other Disney documents, there is a push for 50% representation of the underrepresented - but that EXPLICITLY includes such controversial groups as women, people with handicaps, and veterans.

This is not a matter of opinion. It is a lie. And it is EVERYWHERE today, in major news publications and all over cable news. It is demagoguery.

PS: To be more specific, Reimagine Tomorrow lists as “underrepresented” groups “Asian American, Pacific Islander, Black, Hispanic, Native American/ Indigenous, LGBTQ, People with Disabilities, Veterans & Women.” You may notice that if those groups were to make up 50% of the characters in Disney media, they would STILL be underrepresented compared to the US population.

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

Could someone please tell me, as SPECIFICALLY as possible, what is so monumentally objectionable about Reimagine Tomorrow? I would like to see an argument based on more then generalities.

GimpYancIent

First of all, this article - and the one it links to, and the posts by activist Chris Rufo - straight up lie. Nowhere in the video of Karey Burke that is circulating widely does she claim what Rufo pretends she claims, that 50% of their characters should be from underrepresented groups. In other Disney documents, there is a push for 50% representation of the underrepresented - but that EXPLICITLY includes such controversial groups as women, people with handicaps, and veterans.

This is not a matter of opinion. It is a lie. And it is EVERYWHERE today, in major news publications and all over cable news. It is demagoguery.
Regardless of what is in the Posts article the video literally does speak for itself.

CaptainAmerica

As I said, ignore Rufo's editorializing and just watch the friggin video.

Casper Gutman

As I said, ignore Rufo's editorializing and just watch the friggin video.
The article lies. Rufo lied. The cable news talking heads circulating the 50% claim are lying. That is really, really important.

But tell me, specifically, what is objectionable in the video? Is it that Disney allows LGBTQ characters in their media? Is it her joking reference to her “not-so-secret gay agenda,” clearly a poke at panicked rhetoric about secret gay agendas?

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

The article lies. Rufo lied. The cable news talking heads circulating the 50% are lying. That is really, really important.

But tell me, specifically, what is objectionable in the video? Is it that Disney allows LGBTQ characters in their media? Is it her joking reference to her “not-so-secret gay agenda,” clearly a poke at panicked rhetoric about secret gay agendas?
This is fantastic. A week ago, the idea that some teachers might possibly be pushing "queer content" on young children was a conspiracy theory. Now, the idea that media executives are pushing "queer content" on young children is not only acknowledged (because they were busted), but it's Good, Actually.

Casper Gutman

This is fantastic. A week ago, the idea that some teachers might possibly be pushing "queer content" on young children was a conspiracy theory. Now, the idea that media executives are pushing "queer content" on young children is not only acknowledged (because they were busted), but it's Good, Actually.
So you don’t think children should be exposed to “queer content?” So no child should read a book or watch a cartoon in which someone has two mommies or two daddies? And if another child has two mommies or two daddies, that subject should be treated as taboo? And the bill being discussed in this thread is intended to and will, once put into effect, prevent children from seeing any such content or hearing discussions normalizing same-sex parents?

In other words, “Don’t Say Gay?”

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

So you don’t think children should be exposed to “queer content?” So no child should read a book or watch a cartoon in which someone has two mommies or two daddies? And if another child has two mommies or two daddies, that subject should be treated as taboo? And the bill being discussed in this thread is intended to and will, once put into effect, prevent children from seeing any such content or hearing discussions normalizing same-sex parents?

In other words, “Don’t Say Gay?”
Why are so many people this eager to talk to my preschoolers about sex?

fgmnt

Why are so many people this eager to talk to my preschoolers about sex?
I got in trouble for saying something to this effect last time, but choosing to hone in on people that might be having gay sex as the only part of their lives says a lot more about your particular perversions than someone else's. This willful and fundamental disconnect from reality is the dividing line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom