Boardwalk Villas?

chipndale76

By the grace of God we got into Boardwalk for our full length of stay. We've been trying for years to stay at Boardwalk. Can anybody tell me about their experiences there? Any tips, suggestions, etc? We have a studio villa with pool view, thanks!!!

Bug715

Boardwalk Villas are my favorite!!!! Jellyrolls is fun if you can get a night without the kids. ESPN club is fun especially if one of your teams is playing. Walk over to Beach Club for ice cream (the Kitchen Sink is fun if you have enough people to eat it). Sometimes they will let you in the back of epcot for the fireworks without swiping a ticket, if not you can see them from right outside.

Upvote 0

gmg

We stayed there in June and we liked the room (I agree - try to get near an elevator) and they were in middle of refurbishing everything - so the rooms should be even better.

The pools was fabulous - my children loved it.

It was great to be in walking distance to Epcot, wonderful to be on the boardwalk for the shows at night

Boat ride to DHS was well run and ran regularly both ways - and if you did not want to wait - you could walk the 15 mins.

BUT
Transportation by bus (%&$#%@) it is the reason that we will never stay there again. Esp. to MK for every three buses to downtown disney there was one bus to animal kingdom and for every three buses to animal kingdom there was one bus to MK - I would suggest walking through epcot and getting on the monorail - you will be there at least 1/2 hour sooner

Upvote 0

yankspy

It is a great place to stay. You will enjoy the convenience of the location. The only drawback is that all of the restaurants are physically outside of the hotel. This means a bit of a walk for your morning coffee. Here is a pic of a pool room view.

picture.php

Upvote 0

pilka214

the villas at boardwalk are some of my favorite rooms, i've sstayed there twice in recent years with my family, and it's great.... def. i think the best part is it's in walkin distance to epcot, and you have the restaurants and stores just outside your room. have fun:wave:

Upvote 0

krueg66

You'll have to let us know your thoughts on BWV when you get back...we are staying there in January for the first time as well. I would love to hear your opinion of it when you get back...

Have fun!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

chipndale76

Original Poster
I will def post when I get back. My husband is excited that we were able to book Boardwalk. He loves the fact that you are a walk from Epcot or MGM.

Upvote 0

MinnieLee

We love BWV. If you don't want to use the Keister Coaster pool there is also a quiet pool around the back by community hall (rarely see more than 10 people in it). The bakery is a great stop in the morning. Big River micro brewery is good also. The boardwalk is also a great place to relax and people watch. Depending on where your room is you can see the fireworks. There is Spoodles, Flying Fish and ESPN. You are going to love it! Have a great time.

Upvote 0

optjay

GREAT location! Such a good idea to walk to EPCOT. If you have a park hopper its also nice to walk through EPCOT and get the Monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

Only two problems that I can think of,
1) make sure you get a room near the elevators!
2) would be nice if they had a food service counter for food other than just the sit down restauraunts scattered around the OUTSIDE of the hotel on the Boardwalk.

Upvote 0
The room we had for our last stay at BWV was pretty far from the elevators. Not to worry, WDW thinks of everything. Right outside our room was a doorway that led straight to the bus stop. The door on the other side of the hall, about 6 rooms down, led straight to the walkway to DHS. The location turned out to be so terrific, I may request it for next year!

If you don't want to make your morning coffee you will have to walk to get it. Keep in mind, however, that there is a coffee maker in your room, a starter supply of coffee, and a fridge for your milk.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

If you miss the boat to the Studios, you can walk over to Swan/Dolphin and get on it there. If I'm remembering correctly, the boat leaves Boardwalk and goes over to Yacht and Beach, then to Swan/Dolphin before heading to the Studios.

Upvote 0

jimjjr

just got back!

We just returned from a trip to WDW and we stayed at the BW Inn. We had a great time! Our first room was very, very, very, very, very far from the elevators and it was very annoying, but when I requested a change, I was accommodated the next day with a room only 5 doors away from the elevator. My 7 year old loved the Keister Coaster and so did I. With the big deal ride being Toy Story Mania, it was great to be so close to DHS. We spent more time there than ever before by far. I agree that it would be better if there was a complete counter service option at BW, but we enjoyed the Bakery a lot. The Bellvue room, where they have pastries in the a.m. and drinks in the p.m, was a nice, quiet place, but there was a better selection at a better value at the Bakery. I also enjoyed the proximity to ESPN for watching a little bit of sports. Overall, we would stay at BW again, though probably in the villas. For a better selection of counter service options, take the boat across to Beach Club and visit the Marketplace.

Have a great trip.

Dolphin 2004; Swan 2004 & 2005; Grand Floridian 2006; Wilderness Lodge 2007; Boardwalk Inn 2008

Upvote 0

FLYINGFISHER

Boardwalk villias are the best.
-see if you can get a 1 bedroom instead of a studio
- dont worry about the elevators, i sometimes stay for 2 weeks and only see the loby during check in use the stairs (fire exits) there at the end of the hallway close to the pool
-save the walking and learn the boat schedule (if your going to dhs instead of walking through the hotel all the way to the boat dock. Go to the end of the hallyway down the stairs over to swan & dolphin boat dock its the last stop and the first stop on the way back
-same thing with the bus instead of using the boardwalk bus take the boat to beach & yacht club one bus goes directly to mk no stops.
- learn the tricks and save time i sometimes think boardwalk gets a bad rap
- boardwalk is my favorite i would never stay anywhere else

make sure you stop by the flying fish and say hi for me ;)

Upvote 0

mainstreet1997

My favorite resort! One of my favorite things (okay my VERY favorite thing) is that after a long day at the parks we can watch Illuminations and then walk out through the back exit and be home in like 15-20 minutes instead of walking ALL THE WAY back through the park!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom