Boardwalk clubs

WDWBlaze

Original Poster
I have a few questions.

Atlantic Dance
1)What type of music do they play?
2)Have the crowds picked up since PI close? (All the reports I've read before state is was a ghost town most of the time)
3)what is the current cover charge?

Jellyrolls
4)Can anyone just give me an idea of what this is about. On the face of it (two guys playing requests on a piano) does not sound too entertaining. What I am not getting about it? People seem to love the place.

totben

I have a few questions.

Atlantic Dance
1)What type of music do they play?
2)Have the crowds picked up since PI close? (All the reports I've read before state is was a ghost town most of the time)
3)what is the current cover charge?

Jellyrolls
4)Can anyone just give me an idea of what this is about. On the face of it (two guys playing requests on a piano) does not sound too entertaining. What I am not getting about it? People seem to love the place.

Never been in Atlantic Dance but Jellyrolls is quite the fun place. $10 cover charge (free for cast members) And its not Just 2 guys playing requests, well, actually it is, but tis a really good group party atmosphere and usually there are about 30-40 napkins with requests on top of each piano and they pick which ever they want (usually the one with the biggest $$ attached to it)

Its Defiantly one of those where you will either have a great time hanging out with your friends listening to good LIVE entertainment or you wont like and itll be a waste of 10 bucks.

hemloc

Jellyrolls

Just find a local Howl at the Moon and you will find a better place...

chwilson88

Atlantic Dance is usually free, but in the past couple of years is still the same old lame dance club, plays some weird types of dance music though in my opinion...some of it is from the 80s or 90s. For example vanilla ice, etc. But other times they play more modern dance music..I guess it's hit or miss. I've never seen it very busy though. Don't expect it to be like any metropolitan area clubs, like in LA, Boston or NYC.

In my opinion, the Jelly Rolls is much more entertaining. The dueling pianos is fun, and they play requests.

liquid toez

I visited the Atlantic Dance Hall last night after 11pm. One thing I liked immediately was the security. Upon entering the Boardwalk complex, you have to stop at the security gate and the security guard checks your ID. It's slightly inconvenient, but it made a good first impression about the security. Then you have your choice of valet parking or self parking; I chose self parking - no problem finding a parking spot. Then you have to walk a couple of blocks to get to the Atlantic Dance Hall, but its an enjoyable walk along the boardwalk.

The Atlantic Dance Hall does not have any cover charge, however, I thought my drink, just a 12 ounce draft beer was a bit pricey - $6.50.

The dance hall has some similarities to Club Motion, because of the big video screen to the rear of the stage and the DJ playing the music. Most of the music is hip hop but the DJ did play some classic rock too. I'm not sure if he is open to requests or not.

The crowd was moderate last night. The dance floor was about one third full; it's a good size dance floor by the way. Most of the patrons were sitting at tables or hanging around the bar area. I did notice quite a few former PI regular customers.

All in all, I thought it was an ok place to go for late night entertainment; it closes at 1am.

Bug715

I visited the Atlantic Dance Hall last night after 11pm. One thing I liked immediately was the security. Upon entering the Boardwalk complex, you have to stop at the security gate and the security guard checks your ID. It's slightly inconvenient, but it made a good first impression about the security. Then you have your choice of valet parking or self parking; I chose self parking - no problem finding a parking spot. Then you have to walk a couple of blocks to get to the Atlantic Dance Hall, but its an enjoyable walk along the boardwalk.

The Atlantic Dance Hall does not have any cover charge, however, I thought my drink, just a 12 ounce draft beer was a bit pricey - $6.50.

The dance hall has some similarities to Club Motion, because of the big video screen to the rear of the stage and the DJ playing the music. Most of the music is hip hop but the DJ did play some classic rock too. I'm not sure if he is open to requests or not.

The crowd was moderate last night. The dance floor was about one third full; it's a good size dance floor by the way. Most of the patrons were sitting at tables or hanging around the bar area. I did notice quite a few former PI regular customers.

All in all, I thought it was an ok place to go for late night entertainment; it closes at 1am.

I'm glad to hear that more people are going there after the close of PI. We finnished my birthday night there and there were under 10 people in there all night. We did request songs with the DJ and he sorta had to play them since there were so few people in there.

Jellyrolls is fun. I think its a lot like Howl at The Moon but they played jingles and disney songs that Howl didn't. Its not the place you go to dance but they have free popcorn so that's always a plus.

slappy magoo

The piano players at Jellyrolls really know how to work the crowds, interact, be funny and interesting while also playing. They work with each other and sometimes, for comedic effect, against each other, making each other do, for example, a Britney Spears song, or speed up a sappy love song to be higher-energy. We're not talking a sort of low-key lounge act where the piano players are simply background music. There's definitely showmanship involved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom