Boardwalk, Beach Club or Contemporary

IMPoppins

We are going to WDW next Sept with the Bounce Back free dining. This leaves us a little extra $$ to play with as far as resorts (plus my sister is going with us and splitting the cost of the room!) We just came back from our first trip to the Poly and LOVED it! It was amazing to be right on the monorail! Here is my question, we want to do another deluxe. While we really loved Poly, we just want to try something different. We have also stayed at AKL and thought that was amazing as well. We are considering Boardwalk, Beach Club or Contemporary. What do you think of the locations, room size (there will be five of us 3 A and 2 C) and theming? Thanks :wave:

k.hunter30

Of the three, I've only stayed at the Contemporary. I would choose The Boardwalk. DH and I absolutely loved hanging out there in th evening on our last trip and the resort is just wonderfully themed in my opinion. A friend here on the boards just got back from a stay there and he loved it. That's the way I would go -- just my opinion. :) :wave:

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I would like to veto Beach Club. The Yacht/Beach do nothing for me. They're very sterile and mammoth feeling. Sort of like you're lost in a giant convention center which has hotel rooms.

Boardwalk has lots to do, so that's a definate option. Contemporary could be great, but it could still be under rennovation.

I'd say your safe choice is Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

It depends on what your family likes.
Do you spend a lot of time at the pool? The Beach Club is the way to go, a 5 acre water-park.
Do you spend a lot of time looking for adult activities? The boardwalk offers a full line-up of adult activities.
Do you enjoy proximity to the parks? Contemp=Magic Kindom, Beach Club= Epcot, BW=Epcot (but a bit further than Beach Club)
Room size? Contemporary has the largest standard of the 3, but the BW and BC have the villas.

All comes down to preference.

Upvote 0

pacochran

I can't say anything about the contempory or boardwalk as I have only been thru them or eaten at a restaurant their. The contempory look neat from the fact you have the monorail and if you get a MK view room you can see the fireworks, right from your room.

We stay at the Beach Club Villas and it is a great resort, and as another said if your kids or even the adults like pools the BC is the place to go. It is a huge pool area with a 200+foot water slide and an area where you can rent inner tubes and go floating. My kids love the pool their.

The boat ride to MGM (soon to be DHS) is neat and walking to Epcot is nice too.

Upvote 0
I have never stayed at the Contemporary and probably won't until the construction is complete. We stayed at BW in '05 and loved it. We are DVC members and were able to stay in a 2br. villa with a boardwalk view and it was amazing! We were able to see the fireworks from ROE every night. They have a lot of live roving entertainment and has a nice proximity to Epcot & MGM. You can also walk to Fantasia Gardens if the mini golf desire strikes you. We will be staying at BCV in a few days so I could tell you more about that when we come back.

I really recommend the Boardwalk. Very, very, nice. I also don't think that it matters what kind of view you have-it was just a happy accident for us (when I called to book, the BW view was all that was available).

Either way have fun. All of the resorts have their benefits, I just really enjoy the Epcot/MGM resorts for their proximity.:wave:

Upvote 0

Dukeblue1016

I would like to veto Beach Club. The Yacht/Beach do nothing for me. They're very sterile and mammoth feeling. Sort of like you're lost in a giant convention center which has hotel rooms.

Boardwalk has lots to do, so that's a definate option. Contemporary could be great, but it could still be under rennovation.

I understand that and respect that. However, I absolutely love the Yacht and the Beach personally. The beach club is by far my favorite resort. Now, I haven't actually stayed there since 2002; but we stayed there like 8 times when i was a kid, so maybe I'm being biased. But I always go back there to eat at Beaches N Cream and just walk around the resorts. There is a feel to those two resorts to me though that no other resort have. I LOVE the Beach Club.

Contemporary actually never really did it for me, but I also enjoy the Boardwalk a lot too; great hotel, can't go wrong with it, but definitely for me its the Beach Club.

Upvote 0

coltow

You read my mind. I'm so glad that there is someone else out there who isn't at BC/YC fan. I wouldn't have stayed there if I wasn't there for a convention and I don't think we'd ever stay there again.

If there are mostly adults in your group so with Boardwalk, if there are kids go with Contemporary.

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

I've stayed at all three..........
Here's my two cents.......

BC- This is my favorite in the summer-time. We are DVC members and this is our home. The pool alone makes it the best option. We also love and never miss a visit to the Cape May Cafe. They've opened a small area in the store for groceries and quick foods (salad, sandwiches, treats, ets.). (This is an addition to Hurricane Hannahs and Beaches and Cream)

BW- My least favorite of the three choices. No real convenient place to get quick meal. Everything is out on the boardwalk. No convenient place for refillable mugs. Big pool with slide is cool- but can't even compare to BC. As far as being close to EPCOT- BC is still closer. I would take the boat to MGM from either.

Contemporary- currently in construction for DVC. It will be noisy- Their quick foods are currently on the 4th floor with the shops due to refurbishment. Taking the monorail is extremely convenient. If you intend on spending most of your time in MK- this is prob. your best choice. The pool is ok- not my favorite to relax at - esp. with the noise of the construction.

I also love the WL. This is quiet- full of character- great pool- great restaurants- boat ride to MK. This is my other favorite- but then we live in a log cabin back at home!

You need to decide on where you'll be spending most of your time and whether your vacation requires peace and quiet and relaxing by the pool.

Upvote 0

daisydiamonds

Beach Club

Just got back from Disney about a week ago and we stayed at the Boardwalk. Last year we stayed at the Beach Club. I love the Beach Club over the BoardWalk, although we love the location for both of them. It's an easy walk to Epcot and just a boat ride or 15 minute walk to Disney MGM.

When we stayed at the Beach Club we stayed in the very last building. This was super because we were able to walk to the stairs and out the back door which is located on the last building and we were on our way to Epcot, in just a minute or two. Although it took a few minutes to get down to the lobby for coffee and a cokes, but it was so great to walk out the back door and on the sidewalk in a minute. We also love that you can catch the boats and be at Disney MGM is 15 minutes.

We loved the pool at Beach Club it's fabulous and our kids swam everyday.

This year we stayed at the BoardWalk because of the location again plus we didn't take our children, so the pool wasn't of big importance. We did swim at the pool one day, and the slide was lots of fun, but mainly we wanted to visit the parks. We had our annivarsaty dinner at Yachtman's Steak House and after dinner we walked into the back entrance of Epcot and watch "Illuminations" again, it was very romanctic.

The Boardwalk was louder because of the traffic, but we also had a room right over the back entrance of the Boardwalk entrace. I'm sure it would have been quiter if we had stayed in another area of the resort. I was also very pleased with mousekeeping, we had a new towel animal everyday when we got to our room, which was one thing we didn't get at Beach Club.

We did look at the Contempory, for further stays and loved the atmosphere of the resort, but wasn't to sure about the pool and also the construction in the area. I think the location of this resort is cool, because you are right there at MK, but you had to ride the montrail or the bus to get to any other parks or resorts.

Both of the room sizes in the Beach Club and BoardWalk were the same, we had 5 in a room last year, 2 adult, an 18 year old, a 15 year old, and a 12 year old. It was crowded but we survived. You don't spend alot of time in rooms or at least we didn't. We played at the pool or in the parks.

Good luck on your choice!!

Upvote 0

Nicole220

I haven't stayed at the Beach Club or Contemporary, but I have stayed at the Boardwalk. My family and I loved it!! It's so close to Epcot, I love taking the boats instead of busses, and there's a lot to do.

We would love to stay there again!

Upvote 0

WIX

I know this was not one of your choices, but we are very partial to WL. That is where we chose our DVC home base to be. It is so amazing. We really love it there.

That said, we really liked the BW when we stayed there. Quiet and great theming. Did not hurt that the ESPN Zone is there . . . great place to catch up on the hockey while on vaca :lookaroun

No matter what, you will like any of the deluxe resorts . . . they are all really nice.

Upvote 0

Silvermist

My favs are AKL, Poly and WL. Since you've stayed at first two, have you considered WL? Fabulous theming.

Maybe someone else here could answer this, but Sept '08 won't most (if not all) of the construction actually inside the Contemporary be completed? "Mystery" tower will still be in progress, but maybe that wouldn't have much of an impact on guests.

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

Contemporary never appealed to my wife and I. Never stayed and probably never will. BW and BC are located 5-10 min walk from each other so closeness to the parks shouldn't matter. However if you are pool people the pool at BC is the best on property, although my wife couldn't get used to the sand bottom. Also you can not stay at BW and pool hop to the BC pool. But you can stay at BC and visit the Boardwalk for dinner, entertainment, other activities, and their pool if you desire. We will probably stay at BC next trip.. if not the BW.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We are going to WDW next Sept with the Bounce Back free dining. This leaves us a little extra $$ to play with as far as resorts (plus my sister is going with us and splitting the cost of the room!) We just came back from our first trip to the Poly and LOVED it! It was amazing to be right on the monorail! Here is my question, we want to do another deluxe. While we really loved Poly, we just want to try something different. We have also stayed at AKL and thought that was amazing as well. We are considering Boardwalk, Beach Club or Contemporary. What do you think of the locations, room size (there will be five of us 3 A and 2 C) and theming? Thanks :wave:
We have not stayed at any of these resorts, but we have visited them.
I prefer the Beach Club (it is very relaxing).

Upvote 0

jjgoo

Beach Club is a favorite for myself and DW. It just has such a nice calm atmoshphere and Beaches n Cream is one of our favorite places to eat.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom