Boarding Groups are confusing

dreamfinder

Ok, so that's what they're doing for those whose boarding group is not called. When I rode RotR on the 6th day of operation, I learned from a few whose boarding group was not called the prior night that they were given a comp ticket to return to DHS, a complimentary another one-day park hopper ticket valid for whenever, and a Disney gift card. However, they were not given anything to guarantee a ride on their return visit.

They aren't doing this anymore, or if they are, it's no longer as quickly offered. This is why they switched to the standby boarding groups. They know have a pretty good grasp on how many they will get through in a day, and then standby groups are used to fill the queue past that point. So maybe 80% of expected throughput for normal BGs, then 20%-30% for standby. Gives them wiggle room in case they don't hit their expected uptime, and extra guests in case they go better than expected.

Dad 2 M & M

Ok, so that's what they're doing for those whose boarding group is not called. When I rode RotR on the 6th day of operation, I learned from a few whose boarding group was not called the prior night that they were given a comp ticket to return to DHS, a complimentary another one-day park hopper ticket valid for whenever, and a Disney gift card. However, they were not given anything to guarantee a ride on their return visit.
There were a couple of days in the first week when the ride shut down, and many were unable to ride.....sounds like the few you met were part of this failure. Due to ride failure, we weren't able to ride on the 10th, and the offer we received was to move up the time of our future BG. So, we had to return on another day, join a BG, and see GE member to move or BG to early in the day. Seemed fair enough, but we have APs......
They aren't doing this anymore, or if they are, it's no longer as quickly offered. This is why they switched to the standby boarding groups. They know have a pretty good grasp on how many they will get through in a day, and then standby groups are used to fill the queue past that point. So maybe 80% of expected throughput for normal BGs, then 20%-30% for standby. Gives them wiggle room in case they don't hit their expected uptime, and extra guests in case they go better than expected.
Correct....the standby groups fixed most of this. Nowadays, I'd imagine if someone wasn't able to ride, and they were persistent they MIGHT be able to get some sort of comp....but would agree with you comps are not quickly offered

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom