Boarding Beloved Furry Friends?

Duchesse

Original Poster
I live in the Chicago area and am wondering if anyone can recommend a place to board my dog while we are on vacation. He has never been boarded and I am looking for a cage-free facility. Unfortunately, the neighborhood girl who always looked after him for us is unavailable and this is really weighing heavy on my heart.

I do not want a dog-sitter/walker, as my husband and I are uncomfortable with the idea of someone we don't know having access to our house. Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you...

princesseng

We are in the same situation - our puppy will be 8 months when we go away. He does not like other dogs and the thought of boarding him makes my heart hurt. He's been to Puppy Kindergarten and hid under my chair during playtime all 7 sessions. The trainer boards dogs at her home. They sleep in their own crates and stay in her house. She has a large fenced in yard. She actually has two homes and he would be traveling with her to the Cape Cod home during our trip (it is a vacation week here in MA).

This seems to be the best option, however it is expensive and he would still be around several dogs. At least he wouldn't be locked in a run.

I wish you good luck. You may want to look at findpetcare.com or petsit.com or check your local craigslist.com

kstella

I live in the Chicago area and am wondering if anyone can recommend a place to board my dog while we are on vacation. He has never been boarded and I am looking for a cage-free facility. Unfortunately, the neighborhood girl who always looked after him for us is unavailable and this is really weighing heavy on my heart.

I do not want a dog-sitter/walker, as my husband and I are uncomfortable with the idea of someone we don't know having access to our house. Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you...

There is a wonderful cage free facility just north of you a bit in Union Grove, WI. We used her for our cockapoo last November. Our dog had never been boarded before and has never been in a cage. Might be a bit of a trip for you, but a really wonderful, caring person. She even gave us a picture collage of what our baby had been up to while we were gone!

PM me if you want the number.

k.hunter30

There is a wonderful cage free facility just north of you a bit in Union Grove, WI. We used her for our cockapoo last November. Our dog had never been boarded before and has never been in a cage. Might be a bit of a trip for you, but a really wonderful, caring person. She even gave us a picture collage of what our baby had been up to while we were gone!

PM me if you want the number.
That is PHENOMENAL service!

Number_6

Have you checked with your vet to see what places they recommend? We did that when we were going away and found a great place that took care of our dog and our cats when we were gone. Also, if the vet suggests it, it means that they trust the place to take good care of your dog.

DisneyCP2000

I live in Chicago and have a couple of friends who have dogs...I'll check with them. The only thing is that the answers I'll get will most likely be from the north side ;).

I've seen some places that offer a webcam service where you can watch you dog any time of the day! Interesting service if you ask me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom