BLT- Reviews

lebeau

I haven't stayed there myself. But my aunt - who is a Disney fanatic - stayed there last year. She and her family were horribly disappointed. I didn't get a lot of specifics, but she said it already seemed rundown. According to her, it was not nearly nice enough for the prices they charge. And apparently, they got a very substantial discount or they wouldn't have stayed their in the first place. She did say the views were fantastic, but didn't make up for all the other short-comings.

I know it's second-hand info. But it did give me serious pause for thought.

disneyfan1995

I've stayed at Bay Lake Tower twice and I have loved it each time!!

I love having it be near MK, it's great to walk over or to simply hop on the monorail. Also the other two monorail resorts and Epcot are easily accessed by the monorail, which is nice and convenient for ADRs/etc.

The rooms are very nice. We usually get a two bedroom and it's great! Very nice and clean with great decor. I loved having the theme park view this past time. We were on the fifth floor so we could hear the music from Wishes being played on the skywalk and could also see the fireworks while laying in bed, which was great!!

Another awesome thing is the top of the world lounge. It's really nice to go up there after dinner or after a day in the parks to look out at the entire resort. You can see Epcot, DHS, and AK, as well as MK from there. It's great to watch Wishes from up there too!

The only thing that is kind of annoying is that all the food/shops/etc are over in the Contemporary. I do wish that they had a drink refill station for the mugs in the lobby or on some floor since that would be nice.

cfry06

Just stayed in early June and loved it! Our 'standard view' room was only floor two but had theme park view! Cannot tell you how cool it was to watch fireworks from our room or see the monorail go by from our bed :).

I liked the decor but could see how some might not. The studio is smaller than others I've stayed in but I think it had a lot of storage and was a creative use of space.

Hands down the best was being able to leave MK and take our special little sidewalk to walk home. ESP during busy June, rainstorms or if my little guy needed some downtime/nap. Was also nice to ride the resort loop monorail around one rainy morning.

A little bit of wear to the room -yes. But in my experience so far, most of the resort rooms I've stayed in have shown some evidence of having been 'lived in.' I do agree it would be awesome to have food options of some sort in Bay Lake.

Epcot resorts are still my fave, but gotta say my home resort BLT is right behind.

mouselvrmom

We have stayed once. I absolutely loved it! The theming was fabulous. We had a bay lake view, and the view was breathtaking. My kids really loved the artwork on the walls. My oldest said that it was acceptable Disney work. They had mickey heads that she thought were cool enough to actually be in our house, she said that they didn't look kiddish.

My hubby did not care for it at all- his favorite is beach club. He thought that it was small, which it is. He thought it felt like being in a regular hotel, not like a vacation club. He absolutely hated the bathrooms. he is an extremely private person. The doors did not have a lock on them between the toilet and the sink area. Also, the toilet had it's own room, but the door had a glass insert that was not clear, but you could still see an outline of the person He hated the idea of being in there while I was getting ready in the bathroom and he worried that I could see him. This was not an issue for me since I never close bathroom doors anyway.

He also did not like having to walk to the Contemporary for food. There is nothing at BLT. The walkway was closed for painting while we were there, so we had to go outside and it rained whenever we wanted to walk over. He didn't care for that either.

I was happy to try it out though. I thought it was a great experience!

pluto13

Original Poster
The bacon was cooked to perfection, although I find it hard to ruin bacon. The lettuce was wilting a bit, but the tomato was fresh. The bread could have been toasted a little crisper. Hope that this helps.

Not the Sandwich the resort. :p:):D

MaryJaneP

Sister and her family stayed there in 2010. We visited. Awesome 2 bedroom unit. Nice kitchen. She used good discount. Building and hallways were very sterile/plain. She/they didn't complain about walking to CR for food or monorail, but I can see how this could be an issue. We don't plan on staying there. More $ than we can swing.

dvcnut

He absolutely hated the bathrooms. he is an extremely private person. The doors did not have a lock on them between the toilet and the sink area. Also, the toilet had it's own room, but the door had a glass insert that was not clear, but you could still see an outline of the person He hated the idea of being in there while I was getting ready in the bathroom and he worried that I could see him.

The first time that we stayed at BLT we thought that the bathroom doors didn't have locks either, but they actually do! On our 2nd stay, I noticed a little brass latch on the sliding door that if you push on it will make it pop out. The door will need to be completely closed before you can see the latch (close to the recessed opening where the door comes out).

dvcnut

I've stayed at BLT twice and have loved it both times.

In 2010, we paid for a 2 bedroom villa with lake views for my DH, in-laws, SIL, and me.

In 2011, my DH and I stayed in a 1 bedroom villa using our DVC membership...which we had purchased as a direct result of our 2010 trip.

We love BLT's:
  • Modern design (although it is not for everyone)
  • The views of Bay Lake
  • Walking distance to MK
  • Access to the monorail
  • Extra bathroom in the 1 & 2 bedroom villas
  • Two beds in the 2nd bedroom of a 2 bedroom villa
    • A lot of villas only offer one bed and a pullout in the 2nd bedroom
  • The stores and restaurants in the Contemporary (short walk away)
  • Watching the fireworks from the Observation Deck

We always request a room on a high floor to get the best vantage point(i.e. no parking lots). During our last stay, the room had a lake view but was on the end of the building, so we could actually see the castle and space mountain too. We were able to watch the electrical water parade and fireworks from our room at night, yet had a relaxing view of the lake during the day.

The downside of BLT is:
  • Like others have said, there are no restaurants, stores, or snacks/drinks in the actual building.
    • You have access to it all via the bridge, but it would be nice to have a drink machine in the building.
  • The modern decor is not for everyone.
    • I would think that those booking the hotel would look at the photos and see that before deciding to stay there though.
  • The walk from your room to the monorail can be a long one...especially at the end of the day when you're exhausted.
  • If you're not a DVC member, you can't access the observation deck.
  • You have to check in at the Contemporary.
    • BLT has a check-in desk, but it's not in use for that purpose.

Zman-ks

I've never stayed there, but I do love me some bacon.
75.gif

Who doesn't love the bacon? :)

mouselvrmom

The first time that we stayed at BLT we thought that the bathroom doors didn't have locks either, but they actually do! On our 2nd stay, I noticed a little brass latch on the sliding door that if you push on it will make it pop out. The door will need to be completely closed before you can see the latch (close to the recessed opening where the door comes out).

I think they fixed the doors after our stay so that they did lock. I remember hearing something about that. But he still does not like the idea of glass in the door. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom