BLT is fantastic!

Phonedave

Just an FYI

They are doing some upgrads to the BLT (not sure what the timeframe is though)

These include putting locks on the bathroom door, fixing a small gap on the bathroom door, and putting in an outside fire pit and walking/jogging trail.

Looks like they listen to their members.

-dave

mrerk

Premium Member
We're staying at BLT Bay Lake view for 5 nights next July and we're SO EXCITED!

We requested an outside the center 'C' room on a high floor (even number room - fingers crossed!)

I love your pictures!

I have a couple questions (I didn't have enough time to read the whole thread, so sorry if my questions are already answered)

1.) was the pool usually busy?

2.) how quick did the Top of the World lounge fill up for fireworks? and is it busy at any other times of the day?

1) We were there for a couple days in early August. The pool was being well used, but not to the point that you couldn't find a chair.

2) Can't help you with that. Even though we are members, we were staying on a passholder discount (booked through CRO) and therefore was not elegible to use the lounge. We turned the TV on channel 21 (I think) and watched from our balcony.

mrerk

Premium Member
Just an FYI

These include putting locks on the bathroom door, fixing a small gap on the bathroom door, and putting in an outside fire pit and walking/jogging trail.

-dave

Has the Skyway bridge re-opened? What a PITA that was when it was closed.

mrerk

Premium Member
Just an FYI

-dave

Also moving one of the studio kitchenette sinks to the bathroom and adding a full length mirror.

Monorail Lime

Are the posters in Bay Lake Tower for sale anywhere? I would love to have a copy of the monorail poster in the skyway lobby on the 5th floor.

bmarkelon

OMG I love this thread, thanks for sharing all of your pictures. We are new DVC members, just bought BLT! We will be checking in on the 6th, next week for our first stay. I am so pumped!

fredtom

OMG I love this thread, thanks for sharing all of your pictures. We are new DVC members, just bought BLT! We will be checking in on the 6th, next week for our first stay. I am so pumped!

Welcome to the neighborhood... I hope you'll find that membership is magical as we have! DW and I have been DVC since 2003.

We are pumped also about our trip next month-- seven nights at OKW and six nights at BLT (for the first time).

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Just got back from five night stay in two two-bedroom Magic Kingdom View Suites. First loved the location and watching fireworks from the room. The problem was the rooms where in bad shape. Several door handles where broken, the glass behind the conter in one was broken. One of our sliding doors continued to stick closed. I call and maintenance did fix some of the doors, but the overall level of up keep just was not up to Disney standards.

Tigger 68

Just got back from five night stay in two two-bedroom Magic Kingdom View Suites. First loved the location and watching fireworks from the room. The problem was the rooms where in bad shape. Several door handles where broken, the glass behind the conter in one was broken. One of our sliding doors continued to stick closed. I call and maintenance did fix some of the doors, but the overall level of up keep just was not up to Disney standards.

I also stayed for five nights in two two-bedroom suites this summer, 1 MK view and 1 BL view, and I too found the same problems. We had broken lights, scratches and marks all over the furniture and walls, and a broken bedroom door. Resort wasn't even a year old at that time. I loved the resort and would stay there again in a heartbeat, but was shocked at the poor conditions.

DVC Mike

Original Poster
DVCMike_20101030_111554.jpg

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
My observation was not about the renovations they are making, just that the overall maintenance is below that which I expect in my "home".

foreverbelle

We are booked for next July and this thread just makes it seem like an eternity away. I can't wait to check it out and see for myself!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom