BLT 7 months out in Oct--is there a chance?

tlev

Original Poster
I have booked with my home resort SSR for a trip in mid-October. A friend and her family are traveling with us and are not DVC members. The original plan was for her to book AKL and I was going to switch over at 7 months (I was not really worried about room availability there as I would be happy with Standard or Savannah view in a Studio or 1 bedroom villa.) Now she tells me that she would rather make reservations at BLT which is fine with me. What are my chances of booking either a 1 bed-room villa or studio with either a standard or lake view? We will be checking in on Columbus Day. I was hoping to avoid the 3 day weekend crowed at Food and Wine Festival.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Right now all views for both the studio and 1BR are available from 10/13 to 10/20 except for standard view 1BR or studio from 10/16 to 10/19. You still have a few months to go, but we are well past the 11 month window when BLT owners could have booked so you have a decent shot.

slappy magoo

So far, we've had luck two separate times getting into BLT at the 7 month window. Granted, neither trip occurred in October, but that is a month where school is in session, so I'd think your odds are better than even.

alawrence

We were lucky enough to get into a 1BR in September with no waiting list. It was the week before F&WF. If you are trying to go during the F&WF, you may not have the same luck. We have gotten to where we do not like to go during F&WF, especially during the weekends. The locals show up in droves, and it is almost shoulder to shoulder in the World Showcase.

NJDis

Can any one at BLT see if there is a 1 BR theme view available Sat-Sat or Sun to Sun in October? Our home resort is Kidani and we we're looking forward to switching to BLT for this trip

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Can any one at BLT see if there is a 1 BR theme view available Sat-Sat or Sun to Sun in October? Our home resort is Kidani and we we're looking forward to switching to BLT for this trip

Days available:

MK view 10/2, 10/5, 10/7, 10/8, 10/13, 10/14, 10/15, 10/17, 10/24 through 11/2
Lake view 10/1, 10/2, 10/5, 10/6, 10/7, 10/8, 10/13 through 11/2

As of now if you are looking for a full week MK view room it will probably need to be the last week either 10/25 to 11/1 or 10/26 to 11/2. You could do the week before too in a Lake View.

We had a Lake View 2 bedroom the week before Thanksgiving last year. Fall is a great time of year to visit. Mild weather and low crowds were great.

PolynesianPrincess

I'm with you, trying for last week in September. Home base is Kidani. If it doesn't happen, boardwalk here we come.....again.

We rented points last September and every single resort was open at the 7 month window. We got our first choice which was BLT studio so hopefully you have the same luck!! September is a lower crowd month than the rest.

bubster

October, especially around Columbus Day will be tough, especially for a standard studio. Those book up at 11 months. The upside is that 1 bedrooms are the last to book and there are more lake views than standard or MK views.

Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom