Blog Flume - What should Disney do with EPCOT

DisneyJunkie

- Fix the Spaceship Earth descent to actually show SOMETHING.....and get rid of the touch-screen stuff.
- Use Wonders of Life and its attractions, or tear it down and put in a new attraction (perhaps weather-based)
- Gut Journey Into Your Imagination and completely start over from scratch. Make it a priority for all Imagineers to get in on so the end result is something actually good.
- Replace the animatronics in Universe of Energy....use the ones from Dinosaur as a guide. (Also dump Ellen Degeneres as well.)
- Take Captain EO out of JIYI and destroy every print of it, then replace that 3D show with something new.
- Add some kind of ride (similar to Maelstrom) to the WS areas that don't have one.

KCheatle

I think they need rides between China and Canada! I think it's weird you go from Mexico to Norway and both have rides, but then nothing else the entire rest of the loop!?!?! Just seems like someone dropped the ball there. They've got space for it. If they aren't going to fill the empty lots with new countries, then they should fill them with country-themed rides. Like either a Chinese or German themed ride in between those two and/or a German or Italian ride on the other side of Germany. And, I still think they should follow through on the Japanese roller-coaster now that Kodak is no longer a sponsor. They really are lacking in entertainment in the WS.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
TOTAL Future World revamp, and I'm not talking about just one or two pavilions. I'm talking The Land, Imagination!, Universe of Energy, Wonders of Life, and Mission Space. All of them have been in desperate need of care for a few years now. As for the World Showcase, I for one don't like it as much as Future World, but I would like to see additions.

DasManiac

What I would do:

Tear down the American Pavillion and replace it with a more interesting country.

Reopen The Odyssey because EPCOT has hardly anywhere to eat for lunch.

Renovate the Wonders of Life Pavilion and add some interesting rides.

Tear down Universe of Energy and rebuild Horizons.

Retheme the Mexican ride to Mexican folklore/history/culture.

Add Peru to the World Showcase. Add a dark ride to it plus another restaurant.

Also add Mongolia to the world showcase in place of the American Pavilion. Mongolia desperately needs to represented in Disney because its cool.

As for the rest of Future World, I'm not sure anyone can save it.

G8rchamps

Fix Energy, use WOL for somthing, redo JII keeping figment and use 2nd floor. The rides used to be sooo much longer. Its OK to have a look back as we look to the future or use our imagination. FW needs more rides- not all blockbusters, but something people would be willing to wait more than 5 minutes for. A good ride like a coaster is actually a really good idea for WS to spread the crowd and draw people back there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom