Blog Flume - What should Disney do with EPCOT

DisneyJunkie

Personally I think there should be a ride of some sort in each country, something along the lines of Norway's Maelstrom.

In my own opinion, I find no real value to WS whatsoever other than having some very good restaurants. I'm bored with the countries in general especially because nothing really changes from one visit to the next. Maelstrom has something about it that makes me feel I could ride it again and again.

The Tomorrownaut

In my opinion, World Showcase still accomplishes the goal that is set for that part of the park. Future World, on the other hand, does not. Although I'm not a huge fan of the Test Track redesign, it's the biggest step that's been taken in recent memory to bring the futurism back to that side of the park, and I see that as a step in the right direction.

The 3 most immediate changes I see needing to be made are a full refurb of Universe of Energy (even if I may be one who loves Ellen and Bill Nye and would be sad to see them go), additional attractions added to an expanded Mission Space (can't even be called a pavilion in it's current state, just a ride with so much expansion potential given the theme), and something, ANYTHING to change with Imagination.

disneysince71

First of all I would renovate wonders of life. And bring it back as wonders of life. Times have changed in the last 20 years... people care a lot more about health, nutrition, ext.. now. Sure the attractions need to be renovated, expanded, or updated. But the concept could and would be more accepted with the next generation.
Next I would add another attraction (thrills ride to draw people that way) and possibly another country or two to WS. My choice would be Russia because its a county I know I will never go to and EPCOT is the next best thing!Thanks for the thread George! :)

disneysince71

In my opinion, World Showcase still accomplishes the goal that is set for that part of the park. Future World, on the other hand, does not. Although I'm not a huge fan of the Test Track redesign, it's the biggest step that's been taken in recent memory to bring the futurism back to that side of the park, and I see that as a step in the right direction.

The 3 most immediate changes I see needing to be made are a full refurb of Universe of Energy (even if I may be one who loves Ellen and Bill Nye and would be sad to see them go), additional attractions added to an expanded Mission Space (can't even be called a pavilion in it's current state, just a ride with so much expansion potential given the theme), and something, ANYTHING to change with Imagination.
I wonder if after UOE is shut down or refurb... which is inevitable... if people will start the "Save the Universe of Energy thread" even though its rarely full or even has a line... :eek:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
First of all I would renovate wonders of life. And bring it back as wonders of life. Times have changed in the last 20 years... people care a lot more about health, nutrition, ext.. now. Sure the attractions need to be renovated, expanded, or updated. But the concept could and would be more accepted with the next generation.
Next I would add another attraction (thrills ride to draw people that way) and possibly another country or two to WS. My choice would be Russia because its a county I know I will never go to and EPCOT is the next best thing!Thanks for the thread George! :)

I agree with this x100. It really is kind o'stinky that they have a pavilion sized structure in the middle of FW that isn't used. Plus, the interface of technology and biology coupled with our new knowledge of health is fascinating.

The Tomorrownaut

I wonder if after UOE is shut down or refurb... which is inevitable... if people will start the "Save the Universe of Energy thread" even though its rarely full or even has a line... :eek:

Of course a thread like that would be inevitable, and I completely agree that UoE is not the people eater that a dark ride of that scale should be. That's what Epcot needs more than anything though... Rides that can take the park capacity and spread it into pavilions, whether that be though renovations or additions to FW or added WS rides similar to Maelstrom.

disneysince71

Of course a thread like that would be inevitable, and I completely agree that UoE is not the people eater that a dark ride of that scale should be. That's what Epcot needs more than anything though... Rides that can take the park capacity and spread it into pavilions, whether that be though renovations or additions to FW or added WS rides similar to Maelstrom.
I am ok with UOE I just think if they updated it... even just new movies... add a little technology/or interaction... then it could go for another 10 years... My kids still love the moment the dinosaurs light up... but to spend 45 min for 2 min of dinosaurs. To be honest they sleep through the rest... On the lighter side its a great place to get out of the 95 degree heat!!!

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
FW needs lots of TLC and WS could use at least one more pavilion and a ride in each of the pavilions. I mentioned in another thread recently that UoE needs to be updated to dump the fossil fuels theme and concentrate more on green energies. I agree with the thoughts above that if WoL could be brought back, they could do some amazing stuff with respect to current technology. Considering that Kalogridis was a VP at Epcot, it will be interesting to see how much he can influence money/resources to be directed to that park. Right now I am not too hopeful given that it seems that existing budgets have been diverted to DTD.

disneysince71

FW needs a complete reboot. WS needs more nations (which include dining, rides, culture, etc.).

I was EPCOT Center's biggest fan, but the place took a nose dive during the Eisner era and has been since. I'll always love Epcot, but it needs serious help.

And honestly, TT 2.0 sucks.
Well I don't think it sucks. I actually like it. But I think one thing we are not thinking about is Disney has refurbished TT and made several changes to Innoventions they may be done with FW for now.... or maybe just beginning its hard to say.... :)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
@George and @Tom I would recommend a Monorail over to WS.. ;)

It is a long walk from where it lets out now.

FW needs a complete reboot. WS needs more nations (which include dining, rides, culture, etc.).

I was EPCOT Center's biggest fan, but the place took a nose dive during the Eisner era and has been since. I'll always love Epcot, but it needs serious help.

And honestly, TT 2.0 sucks.

You know, my last trip was over Thanksgiving and TT 2.0 wasn't open. I've noted that it is incredibly polarizing. Some like it a lot better and some hate it. I'm really curious to see what my family thinks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom