Blizzard Beach vs. Typhoon Lagoon for kids

rcapolete

Original Poster
Taking my 4yr old ds for his 3rd time and 2 yr old dd for her second time. They have never been to either water park as well as my wife. I was at Typhoon Lagoon years ago once. ANy opinions on which park is better for kids. Like to spend about 4 hrs at one of the parks and not sure i would go to the other so need aliitle expert info on which one is better.

Fun2BFree

Blizzard Beach has more waterslides than Typhoon, mostly those of a thrilling nature. Both parks have kids mini-parks, with BB also having one devoted to older kids. Typhoon's main pool is the wave pool, which I personally spend most of the day at, whereas BB has a normal pool that doesn't excite me. Next to BB is the Winter Summerland minigolf (extra charge), and that can be a good way to spend the rest of the day after BB. Really, you have to look at the facts and decide which one you find more appropriate, but I normally do both! :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
TL would be my choice for the little ones. Better pool, family raft ride, little more shade and better theming. You will want to go early as the water parks are filling up quick right now. During the summer both of Disney's water parks have an early EMH so you will want to get there just before 8:00 PM, providing you are a Disney resort guest of course. When you get there have one member of you party, preferebly the fastest, to secure one of the sets of covered chairs. My favorite ones at TL are between the Shark reef and Castaway Creek. There is a good bit of shade not allot of traffic and plenty of sand for the kids to play in.

Tinkerbella16

My personal favorite is Typhoon Lagoon. I really like what they've been adding & what they are adding to the waterpark. The wavepool is amazing. BB wavepool is more tame, with no big waves. Now since you have young kids, I would def go with Blizzard Beach. The themeing is outstanding, and the kiddie section is great too. They have more slides to go on for kids, in my opinion. I think your kids would love Blizzard Beach. But no matter which one you choose, you will all love both of them. :wave:

dave2822

The kids section at Blizzard Beach has far more to do and is overall just better. Young kids wouldn't really get anything out of the TL wave pool - too intense, so BB's pool would be fine for them. Also more slides, and a better, longer family raft ride.

Enjoy your trip!

erasure fan1

I think Typhoon has the better kids section for younger kids. My daughter at 2 & 3 loved typhoon, this year she is 5 and we did BB and she LOVED it. With a 2yr old I would recomend typhoon though.

OneLittleSpark

Went to TL this year and BB last year . My kids are now 5 & 7 and definitely liked BB better . The wave pool at BB is much better for the little guys and there is plenty of smaller slides also.

FatBoy976

TL would be my choice for the little ones. Better pool, family raft ride, little more shade and better theming. You will want to go early as the water parks are filling up quick right now. During the summer both of Disney's water parks have an early EMH so you will want to get there just before 8:00 PM, providing you are a Disney resort guest of course. When you get there have one member of you party, preferebly the fastest, to secure one of the sets of covered chairs. My favorite ones at TL are between the Shark reef and Castaway Creek. There is a good bit of shade not allot of traffic and plenty of sand for the kids to play in.

Along with my brother and cousins, we would walk swiftly as soon as they dropped the opening rope to get a covered hut in the kid's section of Typhoon Lagoon. When you get into the park, turn left and follow the path around to the kids section. In the far left corner of the kids area, there are some thatched huts. The older (i.e., slower) members of our family would follow behind with coolers packed with food. Also, be sure to wear sandals, as the ground gets very hot.

JoeRhode4ever

DisneyMusician2 said:
TL is the hands-down choice for little ones.
I have to disagree with that. My 6 year old brother loves BB. He once left the family to go ride Summit Plummet by himself. Lucky us we found him before someone else did:lookaroun

DABIGCHEEZ

I gotta say my choice for kids (2-5) is Blizzard Beach by far. IMHO the theming at BB in better. The family raft ride is longer and far better the TLs. The kiddie area has more for the tots at BB and the wave pool at BB is definately more geared for the youngins. The wave pool at TL is pretty intense for the little ones. The lazy rivers are equally fun and relaxing. Don't know if there is a height restriction but, BB has some intermediate(not as long or fast) slides as well that your 4yr MIGHT try.

mousebymarriage

We went to WDW in late April and went to Typhoon Lagoon my kids had a great time (son was 5 at trip time and DD 10). My DS spent hours at Ketchakiddie Creek and then at the wave pool with my DD and Hubby. I would definately reccomend Typhoon Lagoon for anyone who has little ones!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom