Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon?

Cheryl

We have a "perk" leftover from a previous trip to WDW. My 6 year old (46 inches) wants to go to one of the waterparks on this trip. I was reading that most of the height restrictions are 48 inches on the slides, except in the children's area. I was wondering if anyone could tell me which waterpark has more for my son to do, probably in the children's area. Do both waterparks have a lazy river as well? We've never been to either of them. Thank you in advance for any replies!!! :kiss:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Typhoon Lagoon is more popular with me period. I find it more shaded than BB. And I prefer floating in the toobs there for some reason.

That said you cant visit WDW and not have a high speed wedgie courtesy of Slusher.

Upvote 0

Cheryl

Original Poster
Since it's confession time, I have to chime in too....out of the 14 times we've been at WDW, I've never been to any of the waterparks either. The Volcano slide at the Polynesian or the clown slide at the Boardwalk were always enough for me. I'm looking forward to the sandcastle slide at OKW this visit. I guess I could use the extra "Perk" and go to DisneyQuest, but thinking that it's more virtual reality stuff that my 6-year-old son (46 inches) wouldn't get into. Anyone have any ideas about that? Should we do that instead of the waterparks?

Upvote 0

egionet

I would also have to go with Typhoon Lagoon. It's just seems so much more relaxed. I love the lazy river. It's longer than BB, and it seems more serene. The wave pool is much better at TL. And the Crush n Gusher is sooooo much fun. I was there in mid May, and my sister, my friend, and I had a blast. And as someone else said, it seem more shaded, which is nice if you tend to have a problem with sunburn (like I do).

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

Well, I guess i'm in the minority...but I really liked BB the last time I went. (Granted, I've never been to TL) I just LOVED the theming of BB! It was really creative! They're lazy river is pretty large (I didn't even ride all of it!) and there are plenty of places to relax either in the shade or out of it.

But, since all of you are suggesting TL, maybe that just means on my next trip, I'll be trying there.

Upvote 0

stitchlvr

For the younger kids, I would definately recommend TL over BB. We've been to both, and although we loved both, I loved TL more. They both have nice kids sections, so you really can't go wrong with your choice, but I seem to remember more for the little ones at TL, a longer lazy river, better theming, more shade etc. They also offer snorkeling with sharks which is a really neat experience and only offered at TL.

Get there early, especially in the summer months, it can close for capacity. It's also best to get as many of the slides in as early as possible, because once things really fill up, the lines get long and hot! That's the time to relax, enjoy the wave pool, the kids area etc.

Have a great time at whichever park you choose!

Upvote 0

linkinparknumb0

TL would be the best one...the wave pool is larger, lazy river is longer and it is more shaded. Plus at BB there are alot of stairs to climb..you get worn out just going up to ride the ride. So i would go with TL. just my opinion though.

Upvote 0

awallaceunc

I'm about to take my 10th trip and I've never been to a waterpark, either (and it doesn't look I'm going to have a penny to spare on one this time either). I'll go someday! I'm surprised to see TL as the more popular one. BB always strucke me as more "extreme" so I thought it would win.

-Aaron

Upvote 0

GO REBS

This is only our 2nd trip and we didnt make a water park last time.
We are definately going to make it to at least one this trip. I only hope they can measure up to Schlitterbahn here in Texas!!!!

GO REBS

Upvote 0

Nansafan

From what I've seen on the Travel Channel, Schlitterbahn is probably the best waterpark in the US. I've been to Noah's Ark in Wisconsin Dells and it is the largest waterpark in the Midwest. There is more to do at Noah's Ark, slide-wise than TL and BB. That being said, we go to both water parks every year. In our group we have the "slide lovers" and the "wave pool lovers" which is why we always do both water parks.

TL has Ketch-a-Kiddee Creek which is a great area for young children. On our first family visit when my son was 6, he rode his tube in the mini lazy river there for over an hour. He also loved the little tube slide and the slide you rode on your backside. BB wasn't open yet that trip. My little guy is now 18 and still talks fondly of TL when he was 6.

Both waterparks have their good points. I love both lazy rivers. The wave pool at TL is terrific while the family tube slide at BB is much longer and better. I've never visited the younger kids area at BB since when it opened and we got back to WDW, the kids were all older (and much taller).

My family is going to freak out when I tell them about all the people who've been to WDW for multiple times and never visited a waterpark. It's going to be almost as wild as the woman who posted last year who said she's been to WDW every year for the last 8 years and never rode the monorail.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom