Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon??

As Turkey said BB is closed for rehab and TL is going down for an extended rehab beginning Dec 12. TL will open around March 12th....TL is currently building a new MasterBlaster slide(s).

I personally like the theming at TL better than BB. It is more relaxing. If you want better slides then BB will be more your speed.

Upvote 0

DisFun

I wish Blizzard Beach was open this Saturday!

Hey all,
We will be heading out to Orlando on Friday night.
We're planning on going to the water park on Saturday. It's supposed to be 81 degrees!
I really wish that Blizzard Beach was open.
I prefer BB to Typhoon Lagoon.

Anybody know if there is a chance it will be open early from being refurbished?

BTW - we are spending a week at the parks & then going on the Disney Cruise!
Can't wait!!

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

Have an awesome time on you extended vacation! Sounds like fun!

As for Blizzard Beach, you'll have to do without it for this trip. I can't recall ANY time in recent history when it opened more than a day or two early from it's annual rehab.

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

I have an incredible urge to ride Summit Plummet. I'm not a huge waterpark fan, but 55mph down a drop as high as my favorite coaster at the local amusement park (Excalibur @ ValleyFair) in a swimsuit is insane.

All the speed slides I've been on have been somewhat notorious for the seams scraping your back. Does Summit Plummet have that problem, or does Disney do a good job in preventing sliced backs?

Upvote 0

gobuckeye@wdw

Account Suspended
Dayzie914 said:
What do you recommend, Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon???
I Have always been an advocate of TL!!!!! Personally, I think it offers sooooo much more than BB. I mean don't get me wrong BB has great water slides, but I thought the idea of a water parks was to get wet and stay wet:lookaroun , especially with the FLORIDA HEAT:fork: !!!!! TL has the best wave pool in AMERICA, and the strom slides are great. What is there to do at BB other than the slides? NOTHING!!!!! Also, the lines at BB are terrible!!!! By the time you finally get on the slide you are bone dry!!!!! Personally, I think you are much better off at TL.

Upvote 0

Indy95

I agree. I just have more fun at TL, because the lines aren't EVERYWHERE. TL is just so much more relaxing because of this, and they have perfectly good slides! (Not to mention the new water coaster coming soon!)

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Both parks are superior, but do have distinct flavors. First as was said before, check if one is down for rehab (that will make your choice easier). BB is a bit more aggressive and the theming is fun, but with it all being white, the sun is sometimes overwhelming there. There are a lot more quiet, shady spots at TL. TL will be great when the new slides open.

Upvote 0

SwampFox

BB or TL

It depends when you go. I would rather be at TL in the summer, since BB has little shade. Other than that, either one would be a blast. Honestly, I would love to be at TL any time, especially when Crush N Gusher opens.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I like TL despite my love of the slides at BB, infact if it wasnt for the Team boat springs I doubt the girls would go. They love the wave pool and find the pool at BB too small.

Upvote 0

maxime29

Premium Member
I'm not a big fan of the slides which require you to lay on your back (bad experience with this several times in the past). I think people have the tendency to head to BB just because it is "newer". Grantite the park has some good attractions, I prefer TL better for leisure time (and the lazy river is great).

Upvote 0

figment1988

i haven't gone to TL yet (but i'm still crazy to swim with the sharks there), but i have gone to BB (i work there by the way), and the only way to describe it is quite simple: it's an awesome, "sonic the hedgehog"-type water park

Upvote 0

MadameCheshire

Both parks are really nice. I personally prefer TL.. the shark reef is amazing.. I could spend the whole day there. It really just depends though on whether you plan on riding the slides, or just relaxing by the pool or lazy rivers. The slides are better at BB, but I think the lazy river and pool is better at TL.

Upvote 0

Bluewaves

Now this is my kinda thread. Ok heres the long and short of it, Blizzard Beach is the number 1 attended waterpark in the US, Typhoon Lagoon Number 2. At the moment I would have to say BB is a better park, they have some of the best water rides anywhere, including the longest family raft ride in the us and teamboat springs the tallest water slide in the us, summit plummet. Typhoon Lagoon has one of the largest at one time the largest in the world. A uniquie experience with swimming with sharks, and some fun slides that won't turn you white but are a kick in the pants and then after its refurbishment it will have one of the newest water slides with the new master blaster type attraction. In short both parks are excellent, If you want some one of a kind attractions go to BB, if you are looking for some fun and a more relaxing park then typhoon, either is an awesome experience and you'll enjoy both. The day or two spent at BB and typhoon are always my favorites of my disney trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom