Blizzard Beach Help

Missy Skywalker

Original Poster
I'm going to Blizzard Beach for the first time, and I'm trying to figure out which attractions to see first. Where do the crowds go first and what attractions are "must see"?

I'm going with my family, and fyi, we're all too chicken to try Summit Plummet. :lookaroun

Thanks so much! :)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Well, Summit Plummet is definitely the first thing to do if you were to do it.
Next to that, any of the slides with the highest climbs, particularly the tube slides as they will be more crowded and slower as the day goes on.

Do try to coerce at lease one person in your group to do Summit!

If you don't want to do that, you're just as well going to Typhoon Lagoon (edit) and enjoying the smaller ones and particularly Crush n Gusher...

rainfully

I'm a fellow SP chicken as well!! :lol:

I went for the first time a couple of months ago, and absolutely ADORED the toboggan race!! We went over and over and over again... it's so much fun!!

The one right next to it... the Snow Stormers... "slalom slide" looked a lot tamer than it was.. I was thinking it was no big deal when i went on it... but I was terrified the entire time, hanging on for dear life!

Also, the Teamboat Springs family raft ride is a zillion times better than the one at Typhoon... a lot of fun... and a great excuse to use the Ski Lift for those of us terrified of Summit Plummet and Slush Gusher!

I could spend all day on the lazy river and tobaggan race and be perfectly fine! :cool:

cndrellagrl

The line is never exceptionally long while we've been there, but we always try to do the family raft ride first. It is so much fun - especially if you have alot of people. We usually have atleast 10-15 so we get 2-3 rafts together and it is a blast!

Lucky

We don't do Summit Plummet either. The longest lines we're usually in are for the family raft ride and Downhill Double Dipper. If you can get there early I'd suggest doing them before crowds start to build.

Missy Skywalker

Original Poster
Thanks for your help! I've been to TL twice and now we've decided to try something different, and as we love slides (though I don't think any of us will be trying SP anytime soon, or ever) we decided to go to BB.

We're certainly going to try the family raft ride and the toboggan racers. We've also talked about the double dipper, the snow stormers, and of course, the lazy river.

So thank you to ClemsonTigger, rainfully, cndrellagrl, and Lucky, and thank you in advance to everyone else. Your comments are so helpful and very much appreciated. :)

Missy Skywalker

Original Poster
Is there anything else that's a "must see"? Anything else that people head right to when the park opens, especially now that there's only one day a week for EMH in the morning?

Lucky

If you have grade school kids, they'll like the "Ski Patrol Training Camp" area. But it's not as subject to congestion as the other stuff; head to the top first.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
My family does BB every trip, because my son (now 5) loves the place, and has since he was 2. so I'll breakdown the lines for everything based on my recollections (3 trips in late August, 2 in October, 1 in November).

Downhill Double Dipper is the slowest line in the place, because it loads incredibly slow. Do that first thing if you want to do it. The line is deceiving, it will be physically and numerically short, but take a long long time.

Summitt Plummet will have a long line except first thing in the morning, but it is worth it. Get up the courage and go!

Slush Gusher is a good alternative to S-P if S-P's line is long. SG is usually not too bad a line, and it is good slide.

Runoff Rapids single tube (enclosed slide) line can get to be 10-15 minutes after the climb, plus 5-10 waiting for a tube before you start the climb, but double always moves quick, so find a buddy or a family member to go with you.

Teamboat Springs, the family raft ride, is my favorite. Line is never too long (5-10 minutes tops) and you don't have to carry your tube up with you like you do on Runoff Rapids or the family rides at TL.

Snow Stomers and Toboggan Runners (don't know if I got that name right) generally don't have long lines (10 minutes or so) and can be done anytime.

The Chairlift can have a very long line, but you should do it once at least. We do it more often because of our son -- too many times up the steps can wreak havoc with a 5-year-old's mood, and we can't carry him anymore! The view from the lift is great, and early in the day, the line is usually short. If you want to use it later and the kids are old enough, use the single riders line on the lift. Since the chairs seat 3, they need a single fairly often.

One other recommendation is where to sit. My family and I always head for the chairs near Tyke's Peak, which is the kid's area for toddlers. There are several areas that are shaded by wooden structures and we grab chairs on the edge of one of those, so we can move in and out of the sun as desired. It's a little off the beaten path, plus there are very few teenagers and other rambunctious folks around, so you can actually rest there should you desire to do so.

Lucky

Downhill Double Dipper is the slowest line in the place, because it loads incredibly slow. Do that first thing if you want to do it. The line is deceiving, it will be physically and numerically short, but take a long long time.

Teamboat Springs, the family raft ride, is my favorite. Line is never too long (5-10 minutes tops) and you don't have to carry your tube up with you like you do on Runoff Rapids or the family rides at TL.
I agree completely on DDD. You've been lucky on Teamboat Springs. We've waited more than 20 minutes for it a couple of times.

maryszhi

its awesome and so much fun. i would try to take your time and write down everything you want to do, just like the parks ,dtd,and typhoon lagoon. you dont have to do everything, blizzard beach isnt going anywhere

Missy Skywalker

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your help! We will certainly use your insight while we're at BB. I can't wait to go and now, I can venture there prepared.

By the way, I'm so thankful Teamboat Springs doesn't make you carry your raft. At TL on the family raft rides, it was so hard to carry the light but awkward raft up stairs and through narrow passages. We must have looked so funny. :ROFLOL:

Also, thank you so much to MichWolv and maryszhi for your comments and to everyone else. Your suggestions and experience with BB is invaluable to me. And thank you to you (yes I'm talking to you :wave:) in advance for leaving more helpful information.

rainfully

By the way, I'm so thankful Teamboat Springs doesn't make you carry your raft. At TL on the family raft rides, it was so hard to carry the light but awkward raft up stairs and through narrow passages. We must have looked so funny. :ROFLOL:

No kidding!!! And the payoff isn't even all that great... seems like by the time you get started, the ride is over!! Teamboat Springs is sooo much longer and better!!!

Missy Skywalker

Original Poster
I remember the 1st time on the family raft ride at TL- we were out of breath and we all got in- and then about 20 seconds later we were sitting at the bottom looking around thinking, 'that's it?'

Of course, that didn't stop us from going on again last year! :lol: (though I still wonder why)

Oh, and thank you to RachelP6877 and jsfra209 for your comments. If you leave me a suggestion, you get your name on my 'thank you' list! (come on, you know you want to!)

Soarinrulz

The first time I went on the family raft ride with my family, we all got so soaked. My mom said "I'm not getting drenched again." And probably 2 seconds later.............splash. It was awesome!!! :sohappy:

magicfan

Definately do Blizzard Beach's family raft ride. Can't beat it.

But you have to do Summit Plummet!!! There's no reason to be chicken - what's going to happen? It's just like anything else - do it once. If you hate it, fine, never do it again. But who knows, extreme thrills might be your thing. If you never try, how are you going to know?

Besides, you should do it for the experience if anything. The view from the top is awesome, and you can brag to everyone else that you did it, even if it was no fun for you. Try it out!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom