Blizzard Beach Construction

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Interesting South Florida Water Management District permit today. This is back of house work that looks like it is to install a large tower crane. The permit doesn't give any information on what project will need this.

1650464125568.png

1650464148314.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Could be some slides in that area may be taken apart/replaced/refurbed/reassembled? I wouldn't think this would be for something brand new... would it?

CJR

I won't hold my breath on anything new, but two things I think they could use at this park is a trap door slide, there's so much they can do with that with an ice theme. The other is a water coaster, preferably one that doesn't require you to carry rafts up a flight of stairs.

worldfanatic

I've had a hard time buying into the thought Blizzard Beach won't be open for the Summer of '22. And maybe it still will be. But evidence is starting to make me think maybe not.
Kind of bums me out.
But if I have to double up at Typhoon Lagoon on my June vacation, that'll have to work.🤷

tomast

I won't hold my breath on anything new, but two things I think they could use at this park is a trap door slide, there's so much they can do with that with an ice theme. The other is a water coaster, preferably one that doesn't require you to carry rafts up a flight of stairs.
The ice theme is really unique, if Disney manage to put a trap door slide without removing/replacing the summit Plummet that would totaly make a great adition to the park

Nthderivative

They didn't work on Toy Story Land, they worked on "Florida Theme Park project". ;)

Pretty funny that they won't name the project, but showed a picture of blueprints that make it pretty clear what it was.
They describe their contributions as "Civil Engineering". That's incredibly broad. Essentially everything from site-prep for laydown (like these documents) to designing the nuts and bolts for the game pieces hanging over the guest's head in the Toy Story Mania queue.

worldfanatic

I absolutely love Runoff Rapids.
I hope they're not making making major changes there. Unless of course, it's to build an automated "tube delivery to the top" system. That would be sweet.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Blog Mickey has some pictures of the land being cleared for this.

They also mentioned, which I had forgotten, the height balloons that were seen there last year. Height Balloons suggests that this is going to be something new and not just a refurb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom