Blizzard Beach Closed

The Mom

Premium Member
Perhaps with all of the rain and storms (forcing closures) attendance at the water parks has been down so WDW thinks one will be enough? There is another large, strong front due this afternoon - bringing thunderstorms which will close the waterparks anyway, and it will be raining off and on all day..
It is SOP to only keep one park open on slow days, and completely close one down during the winter.

French Quarter

Original Poster
Perhaps with all of the rain and storms (forcing closures) attendance at the water parks has been down so WDW thinks one will be enough? There is another large, strong front due this afternoon.
It is SOP to only keep one park open on slow days, and completely close one down during the winter.

You are right that they often close one down and keep one open but don't they typically do this for longer than a day and usually only in winter? Perhaps that's all it is though.

mikeymouse

It has been chilly the past couple days. For the short time the sun has showed itself, it did get humid and warm, but it wasn't long.

On September 18th, Blizzard Beach water park was closed for unnamed reasons. Then the next day the park reopened with two slides, including Summit Plummet. Does anyone know why this happened?

French Quarter

Original Poster
I suggested in another thread that it seemed like something must have happened. Someone mentioned a rumour about problems with water pipes. Other people said it was because of the weather...that doesn't seem to make any sense to me. I too am curious what happened.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I'd consider that the water leak that shut down these slides at the end of May has reared it's ugly head again. There are lots of other slides to enjoy....

*1023*

I suggested in another thread that it seemed like something must have happened. Someone mentioned a rumour about problems with water pipes. Other people said it was because of the weather...that doesn't seem to make any sense to me. I too am curious what happened.
Me too, but would they close down the entire park just for problems in two slides?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

There was a permit for an underground pipe replacement at Blizzard Beach the other day, so that lends credence to this rumor.

PhotoDave219

iu
?

Bravo, sir.

Bravo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom