News Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon to remain closed until March 2021

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 5.11.10 PM.png

Find ticket refund information here -

Last edited:

Tom P.

Is there some significance to March 7th? Why that specific date for re-opening a water park?

I really do not understand the logic of keeping the water parks closed, and haven't from the beginning, unless it is strictly a cost cutting measure. I would think the water parks would be the safest of all of Disney's parks. They are virtually entirely outdoors. Social distancing is easily maintained. They do not have the mega-attendance that the theme parks get. And literally every ride and attraction takes place in highly chlorinated, disinfected water that could not transmit a virus.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
When will they (finally) offer refunds Water Park Annual Pass holders? Wife and daughter got them in February, they closed in mid-March. Still waiting...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Is there some significance to March 7th? Why that specific date for re-opening a water park?

I really do not understand the logic of keeping the water parks closed, and haven't from the beginning, unless it is strictly a cost cutting measure. I would think the water parks would be the safest of all of Disney's parks. They are virtually entirely outdoors. Social distancing is easily maintained. They do not have the mega-attendance that the theme parks get. And literally every ride and attraction takes place in highly chlorinated, disinfected water that could not transmit a virus.

They are $imply keeping thing$ clo$ed for $afety rea$on$. 😉

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

Spring break and Easter

Mike730

I've been under the exact opposite assumption about Covid park safety, especially from an airborne transmission perspective. It wasn't until reading your post that I've even considered the water parks might be safe. Everyone rubbing their eyes/nose/face when getting out of the water, spitting/snotting too, then touching paths, railings, chairs, towels etc. So many opportunities for bodily fluid transfer, though, I understand the chlorinated water may provide a touch transfer safety net.

If I'm in the parks at least everyone walking by has a mask and there are CMs everywhere barking safety orders. I can't imagine trying to keep people 6 feet away in the wave pool, lazy river, on the walking paths, and in lines for food and rides. And none of those people will have masks on. Being outdoors is nice but I don't think outside air is an exception to the 6 ft guideline.

Mainahman

A birthday gift to me!!!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Waterparks are not a money maker...they never were.

They are a “filler” diversion meant to increase length of stays decades ago.

So half filled water parks are not even close to money makers.

Follow the math and you won’t go wrong

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom