BLACKFISH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well, luv, is there anything that you don’t like about it? If you could go back and substantially change something about the park that consequently would have prevented the Dawn Brancheau incident, would you do that?

What, if anything, is “controversial” about wanting to improve the lives of captive orcas---or to imagine them to be in their natural environment?

What are you afraid of regarding those who may oppose orca captivity? Where does the anger come from on this subject?

Do you consider yourself to be a person who values entertainment above worker safety and the animals that may be exploited in the process of creating entertainment?

When leaving SeaWorld at the end of the day, have you ever given thought to the orcas you are leaving behind? Have you ever considered that, unlike you, they may never leave the park? And are probably in smaller enclosures than the one you saw them in during your visit?

Do you have friends or family member who will not got to SeaWorld with you because of Blackfish or because they cannot support orca captivity?

If you thought that the orcas at SeaWorld live significantly diminished lives---and even suffer on occasion---because of their captivity, would you still buy a ticket to SeaWorld?

Do you believe that a person can like some of the things that SeaWorld does and still choose to not visit in the hope that not visiting might help bring about needed, positive change in the area of orca captivity?

Do you know that orcas are the largest and most intelligent animals in captivity?

Have you ever seen orcas in the wild? Would you be interested to see them in the wild?

Sincere questions… You might not choose to answer. But I can ask, can't I? :happy:
I think your SeaWorld key is broken given that word is bolded when used.

Last edited:

NormC

Agreed but I have nothing to freaking do with PETA. It's very easy for you guys to keep blabbering PETA, PETA, PETA, hippie, hippie, hippie and all the other personal insults instead of adding something of substance to the debate.
I do not recall anyone accusing you of being from PETA?? Luv was merely making a reference to the type of antagonists that Seaworld has to deal with regularly. It has now been made worse by a Michael Mooron type one sided, strategically edited "documentary"

JPatton

Original Poster
Would you respond to the post that was several pages back on the former trainer who criticized Blackfish and what is stood for. Here is the link if you might have missed it http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/blackfish.873858/page-27#post-5866966

bjohngab.jpg

Bridgette is young. I understand that she disagrees with her colleagues. Fine. You can't get a group of people to all agree about anything.

Bridgette tweeted me from the TX premiere of Blackfish. She did seem genuinely excited about the film.

I am open to hear what she and all of the former SeaWorld trainers have to say....

919Florida

bjohngab.jpg

Bridgette is young. I understand that she disagrees with her colleagues. Fine. You can't get a group of people to all agree about anything.

Bridgette tweeted me from the TX premiere of Blackfish. She did seem genuinely excited about the film.

I am open to hear what she and all of the former SeaWorld trainers have to say....

That does not answer the things she raised in that mile long message. She consulted with them on the film and now she is not happy with how the film is being handled and the misleading mis-truths that are being talked about. Did you read everything she said?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well, luv, is there anything that you don’t like about it? If you could go back and substantially change something about the park that consequently would have prevented the Dawn Brancheau incident, would you do that?

What, if anything, is “controversial” about wanting to improve the lives of captive orcas---or to imagine them to be in their natural environment?

What are you afraid of regarding those who may oppose orca captivity? Where does the anger come from on this subject?

Do you consider yourself to be a person who values entertainment above worker safety and the animals that may be exploited in the process of creating entertainment?

When leaving SeaWorld at the end of the day, have you ever given thought to the orcas you are leaving behind? Have you ever considered that, unlike you, they may never leave the park? And are probably in smaller enclosures than the one you saw them in during your visit?

Do you have friends or family member who will not got to SeaWorld with you because of Blackfish or because they cannot support orca captivity?

If you thought that the orcas at SeaWorld live significantly diminished lives---and even suffer on occasion---because of their captivity, would you still buy a ticket to SeaWorld?

Do you believe that a person can like some of the things that SeaWorld does and still choose to not visit in the hope that not visiting might help bring about needed, positive change in the area of orca captivity?

Do you know that orcas are the largest and most intelligent animals in captivity?

Have you ever seen orcas in the wild? Would you be interested to see them in the wild?

Sincere questions… You might not choose to answer. But I can ask, can't I? :happy:

SeaWorld SeaWorld SeaWorld SeaWorld SeaWorld SeaWorld.

It is sticking in my brain, tranquil, blue and bold in my mind. As I drift off into dreamland tonight I will now likely have pleasant happy dreams of one of my favorite vacation destinations in Florida. Once more so it sticks in my brain for tonight....

SeaWorld SeaWorld SeaWorld SeaWorld SeaWorld SeaWorld

Sweet Dreams :happy:

919Florida

One of my favorite lines Bridgette's message is the following:

Now I have hope that the responsible conversations will take precedence over any subconscious propaganda the film perpetuated. What was once promised to never become aligned amongst activism has been lost amongst the muck of its destruction. With these questions, let's bring back the light to the message that has been lost within the power of one's agenda

Glad she can see that Gabriella had an agenda unlike what others think here.

OFTeric

bjohngab.jpg

Bridgette has more Orca experience than Samantha Berg, John Jett, Jeffery Venture and Carol Ray combined.

She worked with Orca's for 10 years at SeaWorld San Antonio, and was a Sr. Trainer.

So you dismissing her is just what the people at BlackFish want you to do. Samantha Berg worked with Orca's for 1 year, and NEVER got in the water with them.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Bridgette has more Orca experience than Samantha Berg, John Jett, Jeffery Venture and Carol Ray combined.

She worked with Orca's for 10 years at SeaWorld San Antonio, and was a Sr. Trainer.

So you dismissing her is just what the people at BlackFish want you to do. Samantha Berg worked with Orca's for 1 year, and NEVER got in the water with them.
With a photo....:bored:

JPatton

Original Poster
images

Congratulations to Gabriela Cowperthwaite, Manny Oteyza, and the cast of BLACKFISH on their British Academy Film Award (BAFTA) nomination for Best Documentary.

The British Academy Film Awards will take place on Sunday, February 16, 2014 at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, London.

The ceremony will be hosted by Stephen Fry (a BLACKFISH fan!) and will be broadcast exclusively on BBC One and BBC One HD, preceded by a red carpet show on BBC Three. The ceremony is also broadcast in all major territories around the world.

Congratulations!

Attachments

• upload_2014-1-8_15-59-13.jpeg
    upload_2014-1-8_15-59-13.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 28
  • upload_2014-1-8_16-2-33.jpeg
    upload_2014-1-8_16-2-33.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 34

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
images

Congratulations to Gabriela Cowperthwaite, Manny Oteyza, and the cast of BLACKFISH on their British Academy Film Award (BAFTA) nomination for Best Documentary.

The British Academy Film Awards will take place on Sunday, February 16, 2014 at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, London.

The ceremony will be hosted by Stephen Fry (a BLACKFISH fan!) and will be broadcast exclusively on BBC One and BBC One HD, preceded by a red carpet show on BBC Three. The ceremony is also broadcast in all major territories around the world.

Congratulations!
Do you charge additional for using the extra large font, or is that part of some sort of all-inclusive package. I'm asking for a friend....

919Florida

Also "blackfish" winning awards does not give anything to the discussion here. That is not the topic here. I never said the film would not win awards. I would be surprised if it doesnt because thats just how the media and these awards people roll. They are not giving it to the people who truly deserve it. People who truly do research and try to tell a real story in their documentary. Its sad the real filmmakers dont stand a chance. This just goes to show do limited research and dont tell the whole story and you will win

JPatton

Original Poster
DASW-PB-Cover1.jpg

More movie news.....

Author David L. Kirby says a
Death At SeaWorld feature film is now in development in Hollywood with a major director attached.

Good luck, David!

919Florida

DASW-PB-Cover1.jpg

More movie news.....

Death At SeaWorld feature film is now in development in Hollywood with a major director attached.

Good luck, David!
Oh GOOD LORD!!! More profiting off of a tragic event. You all should be very proud of your self. This is just sick. Whats your source?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
DASW-PB-Cover1.jpg

More movie news.....

Good luck, David!
Aww, you got yourself another client. How adorable! Does he enjoy your using other people's web sites to promote his work too?

JPatton

Original Poster
Oh GOOD LORD!!! More profiting off of a tragic event. You all should be very proud of your self. This is just sick. Whats your source?

Love, love, love that reaction! :joyfull::D:rolleyes:

What's my source? David Kirby.

I'm actually having fun at WDWMagic.com today...... This is new for me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom