BLACKFISH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Agreed but I have nothing to freaking do with PETA. It's very easy for you guys to keep blabbering PETA, PETA, PETA, hippie, hippie, hippie and all the other personal insults instead of adding something of substance to the debate.
IF you would have read my argument many times you would have noticed I have never stated anything about PETA until you came in softly defended them with this:
Thanks for hurling another PETA jab. Nice job.
Also if you do not remember I have made valid point towards both side of the arguments if failed to read the entire forum. I have been on the side of logic, and most of the time have mainly pointed out the horrible debate techniques used by the pro blackfish side. So before you attack me for something I didn't do, read up on your facts.

JPatton

Original Poster
BccKlcCCAAEt19S.jpg

Let Miami Seaquarium, SeaWorld, and Marineland
know...
that times and tastes are changing

NO to Orcas in Captivity for Entertainment

The Shamu Show has got to go.

#Blackfish

BuddyThomas

I didn't hurtle anything. Of course PETA was going to join this. This is so PETA-like. That was kind of a given.

If you to come to a Sea World fan board and say they're terrible, you'll encounter those who disagree.

You knew that when you started.

I love Sea World.
I know you do. But: Did you honestly think that some person on this board would not have started a Blackfish thread when that movie came out? Sea World fan board or not, someone was absolutely going to start that thread and it was going to be controversial. My problem here is the four or five of you who instead of adding anything of substance to this discussion just plow on here like pit bulls trying to shut down anyone who doesn't think Sea World is a perfect little paradise. I have admitted time and time again that they do good things. Surely some of you can admit that there are issues that need to be addressed, or is it just easier (lazier?) to scream PETA at every turn?

luv

If you don't want to be lobbed in with PETA, don't fight on their side.

If you don't want Sea World fans saying that Sea World is great, don't slam it on a Sea World fan board.

You can go to a blackfish or PETA board and I promise you I won't show up there!!

BuddyThomas

If you don't want to be lobbed in with PETA, don't fight on their side.

If you don't want Sea World fans saying that Sea World is great, don't slam it on a Sea World fan board.

You can go to a blackfish or PETA board and I promise you I won't show up there!!
Oh. My. God.

Voxel

I know you do. But: Did you honestly think that some person on this board would not have started a Blackfish thread when that movie came out? Sea World fan board or not, someone was absolutely going to start that thread and it was going to be controversial. My problem here is the four or five of you who instead of adding anything of substance to this discussion just plow on here like pit bulls trying to shut down anyone who doesn't think Sea World is a perfect little paradise. I have admitted time and time again that they do good things. Surely some of you can admit that there are issues that need to be addressed, or is it just easier (lazier?) to scream PETA at every turn?
I noticed that your once again including me in this list. Had you read the entire forum you wouuld have noted that in the beginning I state that that I do not agree with the current size of Killer Whale tanks and believed that they should be enlarged. I would also like to note that you ignored my previous statements concerning logic and reason. If you guys are going to turn around and scream about Sea World expect people to turn around and scream PETA and Blackfish. In any debate, do not dish out if you can't handle it being returned.

luv

Just stop acting surprised that Sea World fans like Sea World.

Stop acting like protesting Sea World is new or that you'll be protesting as long as we'll be enjoying. You're going to move on to some other cause and hop on some other bandwagon.

We will still be going to Sea World.

For us, it isn't a hot political topic.

For us, it's a theme park we love.

BuddyThomas

I noticed that your once again including me in this list. Had you read the entire forum you wouuld have noted that in the beginning I state that that I do not agree with the current size of Killer Whale tanks and believed that they should be enlarged. I would also like to note that you ignored my previous statements concerning logic and reason. If you guys are going to turn around and scream about Sea World expect people to turn around and scream PETA and Blackfish. In any debate, do not dish out if you can't handle it being returned.
Ummm, I was never even referring to you..........

919Florida

I really hope you are not saying I am a pit bull. Everything I say and everything I bring up to counter what you and paton say always is ignored. I never go to personal insults either. Because we are bigger than that.

Also JPatton was not even a member of this site until March 2013 and has he posted anything but Blackfish since then? Nope. That shows that his one and only goal here was to stir controversy on a pro SeaWorld page.

Last edited:

Voxel

I really hope you are not saying I am a pit bull. Everything I say and everything I bring up to counter what you and paton say always is ignored. I never go to personal insults either. Because we are bigger than that.

Also paton was not even a member of this site until March 2013 and has he posted anything but Blackfish since then? Nope. That shows that his one and only goal here was to stir controversy on a pro SeaWorld page.
Did a little bit more fact checking for ya. @JPatton did create this two threads :
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/diane-disney-miller-1933-2013.877437/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/5-questions-with-diane-disney-miller.866265/

The second one before starting on the tikkum and blackfish route.

The other two thread he started:
This one and http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-story-of-tilikum.866636/

919Florida

Did a little bit more fact checking for ya. @JPatton did create this two threads :

Oh sorry. I thought I had researched far back enough. It still shows out of his 106 posts what his intentions were.

Voxel

But @JPatton seemed to have joined the thread to enter a comment on the Captivity of Dolphins at Epcot on May 24, 2013 and decided to stick around the Disney side, mainly the Walt Disney Sections about the man, before returning to the Sea World Forums.

BuddyThomas

Considering that I was one of the 4-5 people constantly responding to JPatton and yourself, it was the logical assumption.
Yeah but you actually have had intelligent things to say. I'm sorry if you thought I was referring to you. Anyway, I just have to stop taking the bait here. I could have visited so many other threads and instead I'm stuck in blackfishland again. That's right. I have no life. At least on freezing cold subzero weeknights. Maybe I should go to Drunkytown instead.

;)

luv

Yeah but you actually have had intelligent things to say. I'm sorry if you thought I was referring to you. Anyway, I just have to stop taking the bait here. I could have visited so many other threads and instead I'm stuck in blackfishland again. That's right. I have no life. At least on freezing cold subzero weeknights. Maybe I should go to Drunkytown instead.

;)
Nobody baited you.

You came to a Sea World fan forum to slam Sea World. If anyone was baiting anyone, you were the one with the worm, not us.

Please go support Blackfish on a blackfish forum! They'll be happy, you'll be happy and we'll be happy. Win-win-win. :)

(I'm not suggesting you leave the boards, of course! I would never! But do leave the Sea World fans alone to enjoy their little, small, wee corner of the world.)

Then maybe I could get some picture-taking advice. My timing kind of sucks. Many pics turn out like this...

image.jpg

919Florida

Then maybe I could get some picture-taking advice. My timing kind of sucks. Many pics turn out like this...

View attachment 42382

lol love that Luv. It has took me quite a while to perfect my photo taking skills at the park. I have gone so much that I know the signals and know where to point my camera and I start taking the picture before they break the surface. It has took lots of practice and time but it has got to be better.

Voxel

;)
Now that I am 21 I really do enjoy drinking may way around Drunkytown.

There are sides of the arguments that both parties consider and need to realize which is the best of two evils really. I side with maintaining current captivate population in captivity because I feel it is the better of two evils.
To release you run the risk of them never finding a pod to join, and with out knowing the hunting and migratory habits they could die. Or if you close off a large body of water for them you run the massive risk ruining an ecosystem. You introduce a invasive species that could destroy that habitat of the species around. A great example of this is the zebra mussel which is starting to massively effect the great lakes. Do you run that risk freeing them into an enclosed lake to maintain an eye on them allowing them to roam more but running a high chance of destroying that eco-system.

I will say with todays technology and the lack of use of the "Lake" at Sea World, why not make that part of the exhibit to give them a more open span to explore. Its not perfect but its better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom