BLACKFISH

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyThomas

May I state that the similar child like tactics have been used by both parties of the debate.
Somewhat true but most of the condescending attitudes and personal insults are being flung by the same four or five people in the "Sea World is Perfect and Can Do No Wrong" camp.
I mean what the &@$???? Some of us don't think whales and dolphins belong in captivity. Might I express that opinion on a thread called Blackfish without being called a PETA activist or God forbid, an animal lover, or being told to go post my opinion on Twitter instead? Guess not. Please let me know when you have scheduled my freaking execution.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yeah at this point they have just reduced themselves to a load of schoolyard bullies.
Bullies for someone who came to this site for the sole purpose of being a paid spokesman, using the efforts of someone else to spread his propaganda? All because his Twitter feed doesn't reach enough people? Break my heart....

As long as you pay me what he makes, of course....

Last edited:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Somewhat true but most of the condescending attitudes and personal insults are being flung by the same four or five people in the "Sea World is Perfect and Can Do No Wrong" camp.
I mean what the &@$???? Some of us don't think whales and dolphins belong in captivity. Might I express that opinion on a thread called Blackfish without being called a PETA activist or God forbid, an animal lover, or being told to go post my opinion on Twitter instead? Guess not. Please let me know when you have scheduled my freaking execution.
Is it because they are mammals? Do you feel the same way about gorillas and all the other animals that are kept at all the zoos around the country?

Voxel

President of Progress City
And I understand that, but when the major responder of the cause is using caps, colored text and other childlike argument approaches that would be laughed at in the professional world its kinda hard not to make jokes. When those methods are used to make an argument they are a joke and causes more harmful for their argument.

Last edited:

919Florida

The thing is this is not even a conversation anymore. When you deal with a person who comes in to copy and paste propaganda from an anti SeaWorld film and books and internet it gets to some people. Especially when this is not just a SeaWorld issue. The same can be said for animals anywhere. I hate that this is focused on just SeaWorld like they are the only problems. Because they are not. SeaWorld has some of the best care for the animals and take really good care of them. When you don't know about the care stop pretending like you do. I know first hand what kind of care goes on at the parks. I can speak for that. Why are you so against a place that does have some great care and takes good care of the animals when you have places out there that torture and kill animals and don't take care of them. There are horrible places out there and even though you dont want to admit it. Its not SeaWorld.

Its a shame because with the pro SeaWorld group and other animal lovers we could be a huge group and truly make a difference out there for the animals. Its a shame you are so motivated with closing a good place thats where all your energy is focused. That energy could be focused on a greater good of saving our oceans and all animals.

SeaWorld cares always has and always will. They are among the first to be called to animal rescue missions and will continue to be.

BuddyThomas

Is it because they are mammals? Do you feel the same way about gorillas and all the other animals that are kept at all the zoos around the country?
Yeah, I'll admit that I'm not a big fan of it, depending on the zoo. The modern ones tend to try to replicate the animals' natural environments as much as possible. But there are still some crappy zoos out there. We went to a Six Flags or a Great America or something in California and they had a zoo section with animals being kept in those tiny, bare cages like in the old days. It was a little shocking. But that's another topic for another thread for another day. I've already said why I object to the whales in captivity.

jdmdisney99

kalia-seaworld-o.gif

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The thing is this is not even a conversation anymore. When you deal with a person who comes in to copy and paste propaganda from an anti SeaWorld film and books and internet it gets to some people. Especially when this is not just a SeaWorld issue. The same can be said for animals anywhere. I hate that this is focused on just SeaWorld like they are the only problems. Because they are not. SeaWorld has some of the best care for the animals and take really good care of them. When you don't know about the care stop pretending like you do. I know first hand what kind of care goes on at the parks. I can speak for that. Why are you so against a place that does have some great care and takes good care of the animals when you have places out there that torture and kill animals and don't take care of them. There are horrible places out there and even though you dont want to admit it. Its not SeaWorld.

Its a shame because with the pro SeaWorld group and other animal lovers we could be a huge group and truly make a difference out there for the animals. Its a shame you are so motivated with closing a good place thats where all your energy is focused. That energy could be focused on a greater good of saving our oceans and all animals.

SeaWorld cares always has and always will. They are among the first to be called to animal rescue missions and will continue to be.
Well, I like saw a movie and stuff and so I know all about the big evil fat cat 1 percenters and things cause my tecaher in collage and stuff like told me that it was bad becuase she once took a trip to Alaska on a cruise and stuff and she saw lots of whales out there waving at them and things so youknow, this is like all about greed and things like that to make the rich people richer by stealing the whales and making them slaves and like that's racist.

141270f93e00cd71f034c5306f84aa78.jpg

Yo ho ho, the Shamu show has got to go!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yeah at this point they have just reduced themselves to a load of schoolyard bullies.

oooo get her. So expressing a contrary opinion in robust way is bullying? Have a word with yourself. I cant stand zoos and have no interest in sea worlds animal shows, infact San Diego zoo is far more depressing a place than sea world, but despite my own opinions, i cans ee that many enjoy such places and that in general the animals are cared for. What i do take issue with is the self appointed guardians of whatever cause may be flavour of the month insisting thwy know best and tat physical intimidation is justified because they are righteous.
Which makes me wonder, if they are so keen to attack people and property will they be bullied by a few articulate contrary opinions?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
oooo get her. So expressing a contrary opinion in robust way is bullying? Have a word with yourself. I cant stand zoos and have no interest in sea worlds animal shows, infact San Diego zoo is far more depressing a place than sea world, but despite my own opinions, i cans ee that many enjoy such places and that in general the animals are cared for. What i do take issue with is the self appointed guardians of whatever cause may be flavour of the month insisting thwy know best and tat physical intimidation is justified because they are righteous.
Which makes me wonder, if they are so keen to attack people and property will they be bullied by a few articulate contrary opinions?
I normally can understand brogue...but can you translate that?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
i only go to sea world for the rides and the tank displays. i dont like zoos. i really dont like being told what is ok by self appointed guardians, and if you are supporting threats and intimidation a few home tuths on a message board shouldnt be a problem
Thanks.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Sadly the word Bully though considered, did not hit the Banished Word list of 2014. It was a runner up, maybe next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom