BLACKFISH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Did you read the OSHA report for the fatal monorail accident and the OSHA report for the 2 deaths at Primeval Whirl? They did not let Disney off the hook.

My Dad ended his career working for OSHA. He inspected schools being renovated by taking asbestos out of schools. The moment a contractor varied from set procedures he shut the site down. He cared a great deal about the students and staff that had to return to those buildings. I take great offense to your comments about OSHA being a bull@#$% organization. Nobody is going to take you seriously as you have your outcries for humanity around the world if you fill your posts with overly exaggerated comments. They then come off as BS.

My father also works for OSHA. The reason I find OSHA a joke organization is due to the fact that the Federal Government doesn't even follow its own guide lines concerning OSHA. Many of the facilities I work in have High Level of mold and Asbestos but they make their employees work there as long as people arn't getting to sick. They have open wire ends for High voltage lines which are legally required to be tied off or grounded. As for Handicap. As for Federal law any Handicap door has to be functional. 5/10 handicap doors at my base do not function and the handicap employees have to manually push fire doors open. And before you say Why don't you complain. The federal government prevents OSHA from stepping on many of the bases and will just laugh in your face saying its a budget issue they can't fix it. Many of the soldiers I know live in buildings that were condemned due to asbestos and mold levels but I have seen Generals walk right up and tear those Osha papers down and use the building like normal.

While I understand OSHA does good in helping people, I find it hard to take it seriously when the Federal Government that created it laughs in its face and refuses to follow it.

919Florida

My guess is Mr Patton will ignore everything she said and copy and paste some pictures and more propaganda he has with some nice bright colors. I am sure he liked her when she was working on the film but now that she is mostly against it he will denounce how she has any credibility at all.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My father also works for OSHA. The reason I find OSHA a joke organization is due to the fact that the Federal Government doesn't even follow its own guide lines concerning OSHA. Many of the facilities I work in have High Level of mold and Asbestos but they make their employees work there as long as people arn't getting to sick. They have open wire ends for High voltage lines which are legally required to be tied off or grounded. As for Handicap. As for Federal law any Handicap door has to be functional. 5/10 handicap doors at my base do not function and the handicap employees have to manually push fire doors open. And before you say Why don't you complain. The federal government prevents OSHA from stepping on many of the bases and will just laugh in your face saying its a budget issue they can't fix it. Many of the soldiers I know live in buildings that were condemned due to asbestos and mold levels but I have seen Generals walk right up and tear those Osha papers down and use the building like normal.

While I understand OSHA does good in helping people, I find it hard to take it seriously when the Federal Government that created it laughs in its face and refuses to follow it.

That is sad. Once people who work for OSHA find it a joke they tend not to take their jobs seriously. Unfortunate. I'm fortunate to have a father that gave a darn and he was anything but a joke. I cannot imagine thinking my fathers profession as a joke like you do. OSHA acted swiftly this past year also at Disneyland shutting down attractions missing railings for CMs safety. You can easily see additional safety measures popping up in Epcot on the roofs as OSHA requested at WDW.

But as far as your place of employment that is in such disarray there is plenty you can do yourself if you care to tcorrect the situation for yourself and others. There is a whistle blower hotline and when you report it follow through with the media. Meet with them, explain in detail everything you outlined here. Take photo's. Make a difference. Yes I can believe OSHA might have its poor employees as you know and divisions but sometimes it needs a kick in the pants to make things change in those isolated areas. Likely your father can guide you in bring change to your workplace.

Voxel

President of Progress City
That is sad. Once people who work for OSHA find it a joke they tend not to take their jobs seriously. Unfortunate. I'm fortunate to have a father that gave a darn and he was anything but a joke. I cannot imagine thinking my fathers profession as a joke like you do. OSHA acted swiftly this past year also at Disneyland shutting down attractions missing railings for CMs safety. You can easily see additional safety measures popping up in Epcot on the roofs as OSHA requested at WDW.

But as far as your place of employment that is in such disarray there is plenty you can do yourself if you care to tcorrect the situation for yourself and others. There is a whistle blower hotline and when you report it follow through with the media. Meet with them, explain in detail everything you outlined here. Take photo's. Make a difference. Yes I can believe OSHA might have its poor employees as you know and divisions but sometimes it needs a kick in the pants to make things change in those isolated areas. Likely your father can guide you in bring change to your workplace.
I know about the whistle blower hotline, but the military doesn't care. They can "veto" any paperwork that comes to them from any outside organization if they do not agree with it or if it hinders military projects. So if OSHA condemns a building, the military can veto that paper work and say we don't care we need it. My father takes his position very proudly and I admit that I should not have used the term that I did concerning OSHA, but I get peeved government mandates and actions when they can chose to ignore them if they want.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I know about the whistle blower hotline, but the military doesn't care. They can "veto" any paperwork that comes to them from any outside organization if they do not agree with it or if it hinders military projects. So if OSHA condemns a building, the military can veto that paper work and say we don't care we need it. My father takes his position very proudly and I admit that I should not have used the term that I did concerning OSHA, but I get peeved government mandates and actions when they can chose to ignore them if they want.

Then create a scandal like the worker who finally had enough at Walter Reed. Media is powerful. Make a difference and be part of the solution or go along with it and be another piece of the pie that allows it to continue. It is easy to complain more difficult to stand up and do something.

JPatton

Original Poster
I think the problem here is YOU.

SeaWorld is like the alcoholic who, at the intervention, says “What drinking problem? I don’t have a drinking problem.”

SeaWorld, you have a problem. (Orcas don’t do well in captivity. People and animals have been injured and killed because of it.)

You are getting ‘high’ off of the problem. (Profit, power)

You are in denial of the problem. (“People are crazy, misinformed, liars.” “We are experts.” “We are in control.”)

The Kirby book was an ‘intervention.’

OSHA is an ‘intervention.’

Blackfish is an ‘intervention.’

There will likely be more interventions to come until the problem is---fixed.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
SeaWorld is like the alcoholic who, at the intervention, says “What drinking problem? I don’t have a drinking problem.”

SeaWorld, you have a problem. (Orcas don’t do well in captivity. People and animals have been injured and killed because of it.)

You are getting ‘high’ off of the problem. (Profit, power)

You are in denial of the problem. (“People are crazy, misinformed, liars.” “We are experts.” “We are in control.”)

The Kirby book was an ‘intervention.’

OSHA is an ‘intervention.’

Blackfish is an ‘intervention.’

There will likely be more interventions to come until the problem is---fixed.
More PR b#ll#cks. I mean even the most experienced Spin Doctor would find a way to address the turnaround by one of your client's sources. But I suppose maybe you haven't been doing this stuff that long....

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Fixed by whos definition? The self appointed guardians no doubt, most of whom seem to think kristallnacht is the model to get a point across.

919Florida

What a shock he ignored everything just like I said he would. Just missing the large pictures and large fonts and crazy colors. SeaWorld does not have a problem.Just an example this weekend SeaWorld was insanely busy AGAIN. The people who matter are talking with their feet in the park and attendance is very strong.

JPatton

Original Poster
Her family still strongly supports SeaWorld. If anyone would be leading a fight it should be them since it affected their daughter. But they are not. They know her love for the whales and SeaWorld and they want to SeaWorld continue to thrive and carry on the legacy her daughter was a part of

I'll bet they were thrilled when Dawn's company tried to blame her for her own death---and did so publicly.

I'll also bet they were paid handsomely for their ---"support."

"One of the most important things we've learned from having these animals in captivity is that they're not suitable to have in captivity. I don't think there's a safe way to have humans interacting in close proximity with these whales."

--Carol Ray
Death At SeaWorld

Change is coming to SeaWorld...
The Shamu Show has got to go.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'll bet they were thrilled when Dawn's company tried to blame her for her own death---and did so publicly.

I'll also bet they were paid handsomely for their ---"support."

"One of the most important things we've learned from having these animals in captivity is that they're not suitable to have in captivity. I don't think there's a safe way to have humans interacting in close proximity with these whales."

--Carol Ray

Death At SeaWorld

Change is coming to SeaWorld...
The Shamu Show has got to go.
Well, if anyone should know about getting paid....

Curious, are we allowed to continue this tete a tete on your Twitter feed? Or is it just better here on a site with more visitors? Just wondering if contrarian opinions are only allowed here, or if your employers would get upset to see them elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom