Black Hot air balloons flying over AK?

walee

Original Poster
I was on my way to DHS this morning and saw coming in off the 4 close to the gates two black hot air balloons that looked like they were over in the AK area. Just thought I'd share because i've never seen hot air balloons before near the resort. I thought maybe i would hear somthing about them on here today but no one seemed to notice i guess, is there hot air balloon flights near that area? or could these be testing for those flying mountains on pandora?

The Duck

I was on my way to DHS this morning and saw coming in off the 4 close to the gates two black hot air balloons that looked like they were over in the AK area. Just thought I'd share because i've never seen hot air balloons before near the resort. I thought maybe i would hear somthing about them on here today but no one seemed to notice i guess, is there hot air balloon flights near that area? or could these be testing for those flying mountains on pandora?
How big were they? Could you tell if they were as big as the Characters in Flight balloon?

hollywoodj

Almost every morning there are hot air balloon rides offered in the area. I'm sure that's what you saw. I've seen them start at around exit 58 on I4 and move back in the general direction of AK.

The Duck

Almost every morning there are hot air balloon rides offered in the area. I'm sure that's what you saw. I've seen them start at around exit 58 on I4 and move back in the general direction of AK.
But are they usually black? Most hot air balloons that I've seen have bright colors.

Bolt

I just saw 8 hot air balloons on I4 - a ton of companies base themselves on 192 and do flyovers. I doubt there is any technology to be had with 'experimental hot air balloons.' I would also doubt that Disney would use black hot air balloons when they have this in storage:
29799-hi-081607_3500.jpg

raven

I just saw 8 hot air balloons on I4 - a ton of companies base themselves on 192 and do flyovers. I doubt there is any technology to be had with 'experimental hot air balloons.' I would also doubt that Disney would use black hot air balloons when they have this in storage:
29799-hi-081607_3500.jpg

You do realize that this picture is of DisneyLAND, don't you?

olinecoach61

W
29799-hi-081607_3500.jpg
Well that is an awesome hot air balloon!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Maybe budget cuts have forced the CIA to cut back on black helicopters?

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

In all seriousness there are a few companies that offer hot air balloon tours of Orlando and the surrounding areas. No clue why the ones you saw were black, but chances are they were for one of these tours.

Mammymouse

We stayed Thursday night at Animal Kingdom Lodge in the Jambo House and early Friday morning (about 8:00 am) I saw 3 dark gray hot air balloons and one brightly colored balloon toward the west, flying over the open area just on the other side of the hotel building and they landed there. It was definitely on Disney property. They were not real large ones, and the dark grays had something written on them, but I couldn't make it out from my balcony. That's all I know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom