BK all but confirmed!!

MrPromey

Originally posted by wdwmagic

3D movies are not at all cheap. Something like Bugs or HISTA is in the region of $50 million. I imagine a soarin ride wouldnt be cheap either. Remember these things are all *custom* made, there are no economies of scale going on here. Just producing the movies for these attarctions are expensive, never mind the ride system and show building!

A stage show would be pretty cost effective. I am sure there will be things of that nature there.

Yes, you have to keep in mind that with "It's tough to be a bug" it was a movie made by PIXAR with the same kind of quality that the theatrical release of "A bugs life" carried. Mind you, it was a lot shorter but there are also audio animatronics and environmental effects which add custom elements to the theatre that are very, very costly. They couldn't really open a new movie like that without these effects because they really upped the bar when the did HISTA. Also, when you consider that the park already has a 3-d movie, a second is sort of unlikely.
It should also be mentioned that the "soarin'" ride is often regarded as the best at DCA by many guests. It is an E-ticket ride in and of itself.

Keysmickey

I think "traffic" rather than flow better describes what I mean. If BK is built with only 1 e-ticket ride the traffic will be log jammed - people going in, people coming out, much like what happens at the Safari. I think they really need a couple of divergent attractions to quell the 'march' feel of the traffic, plus a couple of enrty/exit options would help.

It's true that "Soarin" woud be an e-ticket and ITTBAB really did raise the bar and the ubiquitous "spinner" is being used at Dino-Rama. Still something is necessary. Perhaps an animal or Fantasia themed Carousel for the little ones, while the big ones e-ticket and maybe a tropical fountain/waterfall areas for the kids to splash in & beat the heat (like at Epcot). I'm obviously just grasping at straws with the "whats" but I can't see them recreating a traffic problem that the Park already has at the Safari and that they are only now curing at Dinoland.

:D :D :D :D

Al

Originally posted by wdwmagic

There were suggestions that to get to BK you would pass over a bridge leaving from Camp MM. There have also been rumors that Camp MM would be completely removed. So until I hear more, I would be guessing. :)

If they remove it then it musnt be very good, i have been, but dont remember much about it! Could somebody please explain???

Thanks!:D

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by Alberrisford

If they remove it then it musnt be very good, i have been, but dont remember much about it! Could somebody please explain???

Thanks!:D

Well besides the Lion King show. its pretty much a meet and greet land.

Goofster

I think that when Beastly Kingdom does get built, they'll pick up Festival of the Lion King and Cart it on over to Africa where it belongs, so Africa will benefit from BK also, gaining another attraction.

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by Goofster
I think that when Beastly Kingdom does get built, they'll pick up Festival of the Lion King and Cart it on over to Africa where it belongs, so Africa will benefit from BK also, gaining another attraction.

Thats a good idea goofster. They could go ahead a build BB in Africa. get it done and destroy the old one and clear out where the Meet and greet is and have all the room to put in BK

DigitalDisney

There were suggestions that to get to BK you would pass over a bridge leaving from Camp MM. There have also been rumors that Camp MM would be completely removed. So until I hear more, I would be guessing.
There is a cast-member bridge that leads from Safari Village (or whatever it's called now) to the proposed Beastly Kingdom site. If you go to the far edge of the fort in Harambe (opposite side from Asia), you can see it. It's covered in greenery as a disguise, but you can find it if you really want to.

I believe that they would make this bridge the connection to BK, and that they would connect BK and Harambe with a path. Connecting BK and Camp MM is not a wise move because of the sheer difference in the two lands. One will cater to thrill seekers, and the other will cater to the younger crowd. If you put a walkway from BK to Camp MM, BK visitors will be more inclined to visit the child's-area of the park.

As far as the attraction content goes, it probably won't be much at all. Obviously, we have the big E-ticket attraction. We'll probably have the fantasy maze, a show of some kind, and maybe even a 'zoo' of fantasy animals (courtesy of AA). Beyond that, expect shops and maybe even a place to eat.

Goofster

another full service resturant would be nice

Yeah, I doubt Camp Minnie-Mickey will still be around once Beastly Kingdom Comes. BK will almost surely take it's place. I mean, the rocky bridge, the rock dragon near-by, It all makes sense.

Chad

I doubt it will replace Camp Minnie Mickey, I mean Animal Kingdom has few attractions already, can you imagine if they closed two of them and a meet and great area? That'd be insane. I just think they need to add a few kid rides to Camp Minnie mickey...Something like 'Mickey's camping adventure" Make it a canoe ride, and add a carousel with bears and deer and big rabbits, normal forrest creatures and such.

It would also make traffic flow easier if they built BK between africa and CMM, making all 4 lands connected, leaving only dino land as a stand alone area, people would be able to move easier and it would make and it come to resemble MK, the hub and spoke design.

Also, I'm afraid of this 'Movie tie in'. While I'm thrilled that we'll get a new ride, what I've heard is that you'll be chasing a dragon in new york. New york??? How does that tie in with "Mythical creatures" I don't want to walk through a beautifully themed mythical garden just to enter a post apocolyptic new york ride, it would ruin the theming, and what happens if the movie flops?

Keysmickey

good conversation guys!

Well, I think the idea of moving The Lion King show to Harmbe makes tons of sense, as I have already postulated that The Africa area suffers from too much Safari, too little everything else...Therefore CMM would be expendable as the only other attraction is the Pochahontas Show, which generally gets mixed reviews....Although I'd be all for keeping "a" show there if possible.

I'm not sure how the movie tie in with the new ride will play out either, but I am sure it's no sure thing at this point...After all if the movie is a real dog, they'll not be likely to build on it - But this is just external themeing and plans can move forward with numerous incarnations (which I'm sure they have).

Chad, I like your idea for flow, as well. It would be great to NOT have people coming & going through basically one crowded corridor.

I also think the addition of a full service restaraunt is great... When this is finally announced we should be able to get a hint of their intentions, as well...I mean if a full service restaraunt IS included that will indicate their intentions for later Park hours down the road...

Goofster

I agree, the resturant sounds good.

Anywho Chad, I like your ideas for CMM in the imagineering forum so I guess keeping the land would be better for the whole park. Also, I predict BK will be different than our preconcieved notions. I think the land will be a kind of post-apocalyptic future world with buildings and streets in ruin. I don't think it'll be all these medieval castles and forests.

Sorcerer Mickey

Also, I'm afraid of this 'Movie tie in'. While I'm thrilled that we'll get a new ride, what I've heard is that you'll be chasing a dragon in new york. New york??? How does that tie in with "Mythical creatures" I don't want to walk through a beautifully themed mythical garden just to enter a post apocolyptic new york ride, it would ruin the theming, and what happens if the movie flops?

I agree, it wouldnt look right with an empire state building sticking out behind the tree of life. Maybe indoors, I heard 1/4 of the ride is indoors.
For the flopping movie(lol) I think they might delay the ride, and may change it into something out of the movie. But thats a VERY HIGH doubt.

Keysmickey

facts don't annoy me!

Perhaps the movie will just be a big hit & we won't have to worry about contingency plans and all...

The apocolyptic view is an interesting one, but I'd think in light of Sept. 11, that thought on Disney's part (if in fact they had this) may be changed...And lets face it, cute "unicorn" type mythology is apt to be more typical for the land in general, although certainly not for the e-ticket...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom