birthdays and value resorts ?

eagles

will the value resorts do anything special for a child's birthday?

my boys birthdays are 1 week apart and we will be staying at the movies resort. i would like to make their days as special as possible (not that just being at disney is not special enough)

frankd1962

When are you going?

I would call the Resort (or have someone call when you get on the plane) to let them know that the two birthday boys are on the way.

You can also let the Desk know when you check in. The boys could sit over by the TV that shows Disney cartoons while you're checking in so they don't hear.

Upvote 0

vegetathedog

Phone Call and Cards

We got a phone call from Mickey and Minnie on our honeymoon. I imagine they have one for birthdays as well. I have also seen birthday cards left in the room for other guests.

Upvote 0

december

We stayed at All Star Sports last July. My son turned 9 on our 5th day of vacation. I had it noted on our reservation. I also made up mousekeeping envelopes for each day of our trip, and made a note on each one about his birthday coming up. We got towel animals every day but his birthday. On that day we came back to the room and found balloons and a card from Mickey and Minnie.

I called the desk the night before and requested a Goofy birthday call as our wake up call. I made him answer it, but he was half asleep and didn't remember. At Epcot the Canadian cm made the call for us, so he did get to hear it.

We had been to all 4 parks by then, and had gotten the 4 birthday buttons. I ordered him a customized birthday shirt off Ebay, and put all 4 pins on him. Everyone stopped and told him happy birthday.

And I highly recommend the Garden Grill in Epcot for a birthday meal. Character interaction was great, and we got a birthday cake for no extra charge (just didn't get the regular dessert). The cake and a card signed by Chip, Dale, Mickey, and Pluto were delivered by Dale.

Upvote 0

belle0517

For my sons 6th birthday we stayed at the POP. I made tons of birthday signs on our computer at home and brought them with us. I left the signs and tape in our room. I called the front desk to ask if housekeeping could hang the signs all over the room and on the window. They did it while we were at the parks. Our son had a great day in the park with buttons. cake, etc.....On the bus trip back to the POP I told the bus driver it was his birthday and the driver had the entire bus sing happy birthday. Just when he thought his birthday was over...we got back to the decorated room. We kept the signs up the rest of the week. I kept the magic alive for the rest of our stay.

Upvote 0

HS0411

will the value resorts do anything special for a child's birthday?

my boys birthdays are 1 week apart and we will be staying at the movies resort. i would like to make their days as special as possible (not that just being at disney is not special enough)

As an All-Star CM, the following if offered:

-We can send a B-Day card and balloons signed by his favorite character. Just called down to the front desk either after you check-in or before you arrive (there's alot physically going down at the front desk and sometimes CMs just forget to add the card to the list-- I'm guilty of it).

-We also have birthday buttons you can get at the front desk. Just ask when you check-in.

-You kids can also recive a birthday call from Goofy. Just ask a CM at the front desk or Lobby Con.

BTW, to call the All-Stars its 407-939-6880. Just call about 5 days out, because that it when your reservation downloads from central reservations to the resort.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Something to think about, will either of your children be kind of wigged out if total strangers make a fuss about their birthdays?

I personally hope they'd like the attention, but not every kid would.

Upvote 0

eagles

Original Poster
yes..the info does help, a lot! thank you all very, very much!

one of the boys are a bit shy, but they will get a kick out of any fuss made over them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom