Birthday Restaurant

dougalc

I'm flying out from the UK to see my sister (currently a cast member at Epcot) in September. It's going to be her birthday while I am there and I would like to surprise her with a birthday meal and cake. Can anyone suggest the best resort restaurant to do this at and how I go about arranging it? I was thinking maybe D'Antonios at Celebration but if anyone has a better idea them I am open to suggestions:veryconfu

disneydudette

I think it really depends on her and what her taste is. Character meals are nice for birthdays, but if your working in WDW everyday... it may not be as "nice" to her as it is for us tourists. I know for my birthday, we're having breakfast at Cape May Cafe and dinner at Planet Hollywood... I'm looking forward to both!

My suggestion would be to maybe find one of her favorite eateries on property. The resorts feature some really top notch dinning experiences if your looking for more of an "upscale" meal. Menus for each place can be found at wdwig.com under the dinning section.

As for the cake? Disney now offers a "cake hotline" for guests requesting celebratory cakes at most Table Service dining locations. The number is 407-827-2253 and requires 48 hours notice. It doesn't hurt to call and ask, and I know first hand that the cakes aren't that expensive (depending on what your looking for)

:wave:

Upvote 0

Teenchy

I think that last post was right on...because she works for DIsney does she want to eat offsite??? Or are you looking for good suggestions onsite.

Onsite I would suggest California Grill http://allearsnet.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=162&cat=all

Citricos http://allearsnet.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=172&cat=all

or Narcoossee's http://allearsnet.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=179&cat=all

If you are looking off site The Gaylord Palms Resort is very close and has some nice restaurants and great atmosphere and theming within the resort.
http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordpalms/

Upvote 0

dougalc

Original Poster
I think she would prefer on site (and I would). She has done chef mickeys and we are doing cinderellas royal table in January 2008 so would prefer to stay away from character dining. We have eaten at the california grill 5 times and artist point couple of times so would prefer somewhere a bit different. Narcoosees is out she doesn't like fish! I am staying offsite this time in the Marriott village so very close to downtown disney though have already done planet hollywood, fultons and captain jacks

Thanks for the tip on the cake hotline I will definitely use that.

Upvote 0

Sloan

dining preferences?

I think we will all be able to be of more assistance if you can give us a sense of your respective food preferences. I often suggest Jiko as a very special and delicious choice, but would not suggest it for those who do not appreciate special / out-of-the ordinary dishes. Citricos is highly recommended by many around here - and again, you will be in a nice setting at a deluxe resort. If neither of these appeals to you, browse through the menus and photos you will find here and all AllEars, then confirm your top choices by posting back here.

Upvote 0

natalia1681

Chef Mickey's!!

We went for 26th birthday this year. I was clapping and carrying on like a crazy person when Mickey came to hug me! There's a picture where I look I am smiling so hard and clapping, I look like I belong in an institution:p

Upvote 0

Epcot82Guy

With all due respect, the OP said he wanted to avoid character dining! :ROFLOL: Reading is power!

Anyway, a few suggestions I might make:

You might want to go to one of the higher end restaurants. They make more accomodations for special requests like a cake. Really, tastes are going to be key here, so any info you have regarding what she likes would be good.

I would suggest Narcoosee's if she likes Seafood. The location on the lagoon can't be beat or Citricos. I have found the GF is one of the nicest venues on property. Artist's Pointe and the WL is also top notch.

I also might suggest BlueZoo at the Dolphin. It's a really creative restaurant, and it breaks the Disney vibe a bit without leaving property (and a quick boat ride from MGM's main gate if you don't have a car with you).

Really, though, I think the best thing to do is pick something nice that she would like then call them ahead. Let them know when youa re coming, and make arrangements for making it special. I think you will find the restaurant staff at these locations to do their best to be accomodating, especially when you call ahead.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

If you're interested in DTD, Ragland Road is a nice choice. The entertainment and atmosphere is great and the food is pretty decent.

What about the BW area? Spoodles is a nice choice, ESPN Club is one of my personal favorates, and the Yachtsman Steakhouse is a very nice choice if your looking for more of a "classy" meal.

I hear great things about Boma at the AKL, but it's just a little to exotic for our family to try!

You could try a dinner show like the Hoop de do review or Luau at the Poly. Different, but a nice experience!

Upvote 0

dougalc

Original Poster
Thanks for all your help with this and sorry I am so indecisive. I definitely plan on doing one of the upscale restaurants. Problem is i am arriving for my 2nd visit on December 31st and plan on doing the Boardwalk that night and Artist point on New Years Day.

Citricos sounds good, Narcoosees is out she doesn't like seafood and neither do I! Spoodles is out we ate there on new years eve 2006 and my Dad was throwing up all night afterwards so we won't get him in there AGAIN! We have eaten in Boma (which was very nice) but I think Jiko is a bit fancy for her.

Also looking at world showcase though that might be a bit close to home for her!

I think I will leave the decision up to her and then arrange the special arrangments behind her back. Do they do anything other than the cake? I really want a special cake.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom