Birthday Pin?

calismic

Original Poster
I am leaving for Disney on the 10th and we intend of celebrating my birthday while we are down there. A friend recommended I get a birthday pin but I have no idea how to go about this. Do they sell them or are they given to you? I've never really been into the pin thing but I thought it was a nice idea. My birthday however isn't until the 19th. Thanks for any input! =)

Nemo14

I am leaving for Disney on the 10th and we intend of celebrating my birthday while we are down there. A friend recommended I get a birthday pin but I have no idea how to go about this. Do they sell them or are they given to you? I've never really been into the pin thing but I thought it was a nice idea. My birthday however isn't until the 19th. Thanks for any input! =)
They are free and you just ask for them at Guest relations (or at your resort when you check in).
They are more like a "button" type pin than the pins you trade - about 3 inches across, and they'll put your name on it. It's fun to hear people wish you a happy birthday!

Steve-B

Similar question -

My daughter will turn 19 the day after we leave WDW. Will they ask for "proof" of her birth date if we ask for a button for her?
Also, our anniversary will be two days after we leave. Will they deny my wife and I buttons since the event will not occur while we are there?

k.hunter30

My daughter will turn 19 the day after we leave WDW. Will they ask for "proof" of her birth date if we ask for a button for her?
Also, our anniversary will be two days after we leave. Will they deny my wife and I buttons since the event will not occur while we are there?
No, they won't ask for proof.

cococola44

I believe you can get one at the emporium on main street.

I was able to get one a few years ago from there

Mystic

You get them at Guest Relations inside City Hall at the Magic Kingdom. They won't ask you for proof of age. All they care about is that you're celebrating a birthday, even if that birthday is months off. I was there in October and it was my birthday trip to see my friend. My birthday was in August and her's was 2 days after we left and they didn't know that and they didn't ask. Also don't be surprised if you get random "Happy Birthday's" not only from CM's but from guests as well. They're most likely CMs there on their day off.

joanna71985

I also wish that Disney had kept the individual birthday pins for each park. Now they are all the same. I expecially loved the Epcot birthday pin.

Tiggerfanatic

You get a lot of character interaction when you wear your pins, too. Pooh actually picked a flower from one of the bushes and gave it to me for my birthday. But, if you're shy and not the type that likes attention drawn to yourself, you might want to rethink getting one. I was serenaded by the Babershop Quartet on Main Street, and the CM at the entrance to Monsters, Inc. had everyone standing in line sing to me!

joanna71985

You get a lot of character interaction when you wear your pins, too. Pooh actually picked a flower from one of the bushes and gave it to me for my birthday. But, if you're shy and not the type that likes attention drawn to yourself, you might want to rethink getting one. I was serenaded by the Babershop Quartet on Main Street, and the CM at the entrance to Monsters, Inc. had everyone standing in line sing to me!

Awww, that's great.

And I agree. I was picked to be a cactus in Woody's Cowboy Camp and picked to dance in the Hoedown on my birthday last year.

Ashitaka

When I booked our room at AKL for last December, I noted on the reservation that my gf would be celebrating her birthday. So they gave her one on the buttons right when we checked in. She wore it the rest of that day as well as the next day, which was really her birthday.

It was great to have all the CMs wishing her a happy birthday. At MK one of the street vendors gave her popcorn for free after noticing the button. And at Epcot, Miyuiki noticed the button and made sure my gf was one of the people she picked to make a candy for during that performance.

The buttons are great!

Mystic

My friend and I actually received a magical moment from the CM that was serving us at Crystal Palace because of our birthday buttons. We got special cupcakes (quite the sugar high before 9am I can tell you :ROFLOL:) and all the surrounding tables sang Happy Birthday and we got special magical moments cards signed by all the characters at the breakfast.

jillybeaner21

i cannot recommend it enough! you have to get the pin. i went back in august with one of the families i babysit for. the last day of our trip was the 7 (well turning 8) years old birthday. we got her a pin for everday we were in the parks. The best experience she had on the entire trip was at the Pirates and Princess Party. The royal band (i forgot what they were really called) were walking out into the judge's then in toontown and we were leaving a character meet. they stopped dead in their tracks and in the hallway had a whole parade just for her where they were playing happy birthday. they contiued to walk us out and shouted at everyone to wish "Princess Taylor" a happy birthday. she was smiling from ear to ear! one of the best moments of our trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom