Birthday/ First time visit buttons

MSaboCLBR

Original Poster
I am going at the end of the month with a group. One person there will be celebrating his birthday and some others will be there for the first time. Do they still give out buttons for those occassions? If so, where do we get them. I know they will not get anything specific for wearing or having them but I hear sometime cast members may add a little magic at times for them when they can.

TheDisneyMagic

If you just pop in to guest relations at any of the parks, they will give them to you there. They will also write the name on the Birthday buttons. Hope you enjoy your trip.

real mad hatter

Happy Birthday

Yep, We got them at fultons shop at our stay in PORS last year,we were celabrating our anniversary,but they have badges (buttons) for all occasions.have a good time.:lol:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
At Guest Relations, at Check-in or Concierge at resorts and at a lot of [though I can't say all] cash registers around WDW...

Birthday, Anniversary, 1st Visit are just a few, they also have a generic "Celebrating" button that you can add whatever it is you wish to celebrate.

bluefaery

Have the style of the bday buttons changed? I'm turning 30 next month and was hoping someone could pick me up a button then mail it to me so I can wear it on my bday.

CaptainShortty

You should get them when you check into the hotel. If you don't, most of the merchandise shops keep them around for ones that get lost if you ask. If not, Guest Relations has them for you. And yes, it is true that a little extra magic MAY happen, doesn't mean it will. Many are under the misconception that if they wear that button something great is going to happen to you. CMs use that as a bounding block to make Magical Moments for some guests but since so many are wearing those buttons, you may just not be "chosen". Either way, they're just fun to wear because at the very least you'll get lots of Happy Birthdays and Welcome to Disney messages! =)

Beth R

Wear the buttons everywhere -- it's amazing what magic they bring!
We wore our b-day & anniversary buttons this past summer & at every table service restaurant they brought us a small free dessert, usually accompanied with a candle & singing. :)

MSaboCLBR

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the replies. Ill be there with a baseball team of 15 and 16 year old boys. About half of them will be on their first trip their and one will be celebrating his 16th birthday. We dont really do any table meals (but we are doing the Wishes Dessert Party) and Im not expecting any special things from the buttons. If nothing else itll be fun to make them wear them for a day or two. If something magical happens thatll be make it even a better trip.

stratman50th

We brought my daughters friend this year and it was her first time. Forgot to pick up a button at check in, but went to guest relations at MGM. They were out of first time buttons but the CM made her one with a "I'm Celebrating" button and wrote "1st Visit" a sharpie! She wore that one the entire time instead of just getting one of the pre-made. And she did get a lot of extra magic! Front of the line, Back to back rides on Rockin' Roller Coaster with a front seat! So no promises, but it really worked for her!

Saturday6-18-11146.jpg

So the friend is on the left... The one with the button LOL!

bkheart

We were there last week and they had them on a cart when you walk in Magic Kingdom on the left. One guy was putting handfuls in his pocket!:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom