Birthday at Disney

pollyannap

Original Poster
My Son will turn 7 the first day we are at WDW, we are going to MK that day. I know that we should tell guest relations that he is a birthday boy and he will get to wear a button or something. What else can we expect? What have other people's birthday experiences been? Any can't miss birthday opportunites?

I am going to be turning 35 on day 5 of our trip. I am not sure if I want to tell everyone, that might be embarassing:eek:. I am having breakfast at 1900 Park Place with Mary Poppins and company. By day 5, I might just need her to get my urchins in line!

DisneyDancer312

one time, i ate at Tony's and i got a card from lady and the tramp. they made it really special. just tell them at the restuarant. it was my boyfriends birthday at Ohana and of course they sang to him and got everyone involved. it was nice- also, everyone usually says happy birthday when they see the button, so keep it on! - have a great trip!:wave:

marypoppins68

Mostly it's just people wishing you a Happy Birthday. You can also get a phone call from Goofy wishing you a Happy Birthday. Definitely get a button for yourself. No one will ask you your age and you'll get lots of birthday greetings all day long. I got the button for my birthday for the first time this year and it was nice getting all the greetings.

Captain Hank

You never know what will happen when you wear a Birthday Button. For starters, you will be wished "Happy Birthday!" more times than you could ever imagine. Full-service restaurants will also usually do something special. My father got a complimentary dessert and a Magical Moment certificate signed by the entire staff at Le Cellier when he wore his Birthday Button there. It all depends on the CMs as far as what happens. Also, CMs looking to perform a Magical Moment will sometimes seek out guests celebrating a birthday.

I.fikus

I think the buttons are a great addition to the Disney spirit. Can't recall some of the other occasions for buttons but they allow guests an ice breaker to start up conversation. I have had many pleasant conversations and learned a few things about other cultures and places from other guests. There's something about Disney that just makes it easier to strike up a coversation with a stranger.

Happy Birthday to you and your son.

bluefaery

The only thing that happened to me on my b-day trip back in Feb, was that while in the frontierland trading post a CM saw the button on me and had everyone in the post sing me happy birthday. I also "got a happy birthday call" from goofy. Even though my b-day wasn't officially during my trip I still wore my pin all the time since the trip was my b-day present from my exboyfriend (boyfriend at the time). I loved the attention.

Whenever you make your hotel reservation make sure to mention that it's your son's birthday during the trip. If you have already made reservations and forgot to mention his b-day, call back and tell them.

LeeLee D

I got the call and a cert., but I also got a Mickey Security sticker from a security guard at Soarin'.

I think you should get a badge - it just adds to the magic.

glingo

We will be at Disney the 14th to the 21st. My daughters birthday is the 23rd and my nephews is the 25th. This is a birthday trip for both of them. Since we will leave before their actual birthdays can something special still be done for them?

Captain Hank

There's certainly nothing wrong with wearing a Birthday Button if you're celebrating the birthday, regardless of the actual date. :)

bluefaery

We will be at Disney the 14th to the 21st. My daughters birthday is the 23rd and my nephews is the 25th. This is a birthday trip for both of them. Since we will leave before their actual birthdays can something special still be done for them?

YES! As I posted before, my b-day trip was in Feb and my actuall birthday was in Jan. Just be sure to mention it's their birthday's when making the reservation. Again, if you didn't mention it, call back and tell them. Make sure you know who their favorite disney character is (I'm not going to ruin that part of the surprise), and if the CM taking the reservations asked for a specific date, just maked one up during your stay. That's what I did back in Feb and I didn't have any problems with it.

When you check into your hotel the front desk CM will see it's their b-day when the reservation is pulled up and they will get their b-day buttons right then and there.

Have a wonderful time on your trip and I look forward to a trip report and pictures.

DizneyPryncess

I didn't celebrate a birthday, but I did celebrate a honeymoon in WDW, and I can say that buttons will add to the magic of your sons day, and yours, for sure!

Visit some gift shops, and he'll likely get the happy birthday phone call that others have mentioned, which is so cute! It all depends on the crowds & CM's in the shop, but many times you'll get the birthday phone call.

Also, like others have said, tell your hotel that your son is celebrating a birthday. They might do something special for him, like leaving something in the room. Tell all the restaurants that you eat at too...you might get a complementary dessert, or a decorated table, or a special window seat, etc. You never know what Disney will come up with.

Happy birthday to you & your son! :wave:

kstella

It really depends. In addition to the button you could buy him the birthday cake hat, although at 7 it might be kind of heavy for him to wear.

The CM at Soarin saw my button and and announced it as we were all waiting to go through the doors. We were also there for what would have been my brother's birthday and we all got birthday buttons wiht his name on them and wore them in his honor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom