News Bird attack at Disney World leaves woman with traumatic brain injury

Polydweller

When you drive along I4, well most southern highways, you see sign after sign for personal injury lawyers. These guys exist by hoping for settlement on iffy cases. The lawyer is likely hoping for a quick payout from Disney rather than to fight out a trivial case in court.

Goofyernmost

A seagull stole a pretzel right out of my hand at The Magic Kingdom once. It was pretty amazing.
I was playing golf a week or so ago with my son in law. He had an open package of peanut butter crackers sitting in the cup holder of the golf cart and when we walked away from it toward the green, a huge crow swooped down and picked it up, package and all, and flew off. It was so funny. Of course, he is diabetic and he needed that snack, but, I found it hilarious. Partial payback for him stealing my little girl away.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
There needs to be a law that states every time you can't provide evidence that Disney was at fault for any injury, you give THEM money for wasting their time with lawsuits.

mhaftman7

I’m surprised no one saw the article a couple of weeks ago (I want to say it was April 1st) where a family sued Disney for the accidental drowning of a man that stared into the sky during a heavy downpour that lasted for 185 minutes. The story said he was at the Animal Kingdom waiting in line at Flight of Passage without a Fast Pass.

Chi84

Premium Member
I’m surprised no one saw the article a couple of weeks ago (I want to say it was April 1st) where a family sued Disney for the accidental drowning of a man that stared into the sky during a heavy downpour that lasted for 185 minutes. The story said he was at the Animal Kingdom waiting in line at Flight of Passage without a Fast Pass.
That happened in Fantasyland.

mf1972

78078CE8-B68A-4829-A937-EF935F767F9E.jpeg

i know 1 way they’re controlling the bird population down there, & it has nothing to do with bob barker

WDWTank

I feel for her but... birds are a part of life everywhere. What's next? Warning us about the tiny lizards 'rampaging' around the property? Gotta worry about getting bit by those. Or that we may suffer mosquito bites? And that there are Bugs! BUGS! all over the property.
“This means war!” :p

unmitigated disaster

My head got grazed by a flying duck at Disneyland once. I guess I stood up in its path- we were sitting looking at the Rivers of America and I had just stood up. I just checked my head, laughed and went on. I guess I should have sued.

wombat

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bird-attack-disney-world-leaves-075008575.html
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-injury-lawsuit-orlando-florida-a8934321.html

A woman suffered severe brain injuries after she was attacked by a bird at Disney World, according to a lawsuit.

Lisa Dixon was allegedly left with a traumatic brain injury and herniated discs in her neck after the animal struck her in the head at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida in May 2017.

Her lawyer likened the force at which the bird struck her to being hit in the head by a baseball.

It is not clear what breed the bird was.

The woman, who is in her 30s and from nearby Celebration, Orlando, has filed a lawsuit at Orange Circuit Court, where she is seeking unspecified damages in excess of $15,000 (almost £12,000), according to The Associated Press.

It accuses Disney of failing to properly warn visitors of the dangers seasonal nesting birds pose, among other allegations.

The incident reportedly happened as Ms Dixon walked along a dock at Polynesian Village Resort where visitors can take a boat across the Seven Seas Lagoon to the Magic Kingdom or another resort, the lawsuit said.

In June 2016, Lane Graves died after he was snatched by an alligator at the shore of the Seven Seas Lagoon at Disney World’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.

The two-year-old was on holiday with his parents Matt and Melissa Graves from Elkhorn, Nebraska, at the time.
Disney was not immediately available for comment when approached by The Independent.
Last time I was at Disney, the Sun came out and I got sunburn. Can I sue Disney for not warning me about this?

Jon81uk

If she was riding a ride at the time I could see there being a case as you are hitting at speed and you can't avoid the bird, but if you are walking the grounds of a hotel then you should be able to see what is coming and avoid it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom