Bill Nye The Science Guy visits Epcot on Wednesday for National Engineers Week...

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Check it out:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/di...cot-on-wednesday-for-national-engineers-week/

Bill Nye The Science Guy visits Epcot on Wednesday for National Engineers Week
A Mom and The Mouse, Kristin Ford — posted by kristin ford on February, 21 2011 1:53 AM
Discuss This: Comments(2) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it
Bill Nye The Science Guy will give presentations Feb. 23 at Epcot for National Engineers Week.

Bill Nye The Science Guy will headline this week’s celebration of National Engineers Week at Walt Disney World.
Nye, the mechanical engineer with a passion for science who is known for his television series and children’s books, will have presentations at 11 a.m., noon, 1 and 2 p.m. Wednesday in Innoventions West at Epcot. Nye is a Disney Educational Productions programming host and currently co-stars with Ellen Degeneres in Ellen’s Energy Adventure at Epcot.
National Engineers Week, which shines the spotlight on math, science and engineering, is Feb. 21 to 25. Speakers from Raytheon, Underwriters Laboratories, Liberty Mutual, Reedy Creek Fire Department and Walt Disney Ride & Show Engineering also will be hosting presentations on how engineering turns ideas into reality at their venues in Innoventions Plaza. Sessions are expected to last 5 to 10 minutes and are appropriate for kids and adults. Topics include “Dancing Spaghetti,” “Polishing Pennies,” “Choke the Smoke” and “Outrageous Ooze.”
Sessions run continuously from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily — except for those by Nye. Admission to engineering presentations is included in regular Epcot admission.

Cmdr_Crimson

Freakin Sweet! Still shows that Future world still has an educational side to itself!
Makes me wonder if he'd go on Universe of Energy now and see how much he would change from 1996 statistics to today's stats..

EpcotFanForever

Bill Nye is nothing more than a washed-up child of the media who has made a name for himself by promoting a dorky image of science and scientists. Yeah, right - they all walk around in blue lab coats and talk with over-emphatic emotions and wave their hands wildly. Just another sad example of media hype.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Bill Nye is nothing more than a washed-up child of the media who has made a name for himself by promoting a dorky image of science and scientists. Yeah, right - they all walk around in blue lab coats and talk with over-emphatic emotions and wave their hands wildly. Just another sad example of media hype.

:lookaroun I guess you dont like Bill Nye?

JWG

Wow. I'd agree that Bill Nye is no longer relevant. I mean this is the first I've heard of him in years.

However, trying to make science and engineering interesting to kids to perk their interest and have them get involved is certainly not just media hype.

By that account, I suppose Sesame Street is a front for non-profit/non-corporate greed and is in no way representative of the true streets of the world because no where do I walk down the street and have a conversation with a puppet in a garbage can. The fact it teaches is besides the point, the blatant over the top simplification and misrepresentation of reality means it's pointless.

NewfieFan

Wow, ok... :lookaroun! Well, I guess I like the washed-up child of the media in a blue lab coat! It was always a good day in school when they would show a Bill Nye video! :lol:

corey154

If he helps children enjoy or even become interested in science, isn't that what matters? Why be negative? Be happy as my two year old says!

To the O.P., Thanks for sharing the news, I wish I could go, I'd take my kids in a heartbeat!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Actually he is still a very well respected science educator and member of the skeptical community.

juniorthomas

Bill Nye is terrific. Very rarely do you find someone who is more interested in educating people than being a celebrity - and who is an actual celebrity.

FigmentJedi

I think you got Bill Nye mixed with Beakman.

anonDisney

I think you got Bill Nye mixed with Beakman.

Definitely. That description (talk with over-emphatic emotions and wave their hands wildly) is definitely Beakman and not Bill Nye.
Beakman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7QvOKFm3wg#t=01m13s
Bill Nye: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie_6T84QuMQ#t=00m12s

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom