Biggest Snow Storm of the Season to hit Northern NJ!!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
WOOHOO!!!! I can't wait!! We are supposed to be getting the biggest storm this season starting this afternoon! They expect blizzard like conditions overnight with accumulations expected to reach 1 and a half to 2 FEET of SNOW!! Yippee!!!!!

I missed the big Christmas snow and I've been hoping for another one!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
I LOVE the Snow! I am so excited!!! can you tell???:D :animwink:

I will have to post pics!! ( if I can get out of the house) :lol: :lol:

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I can't wait!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Pam

p.s. we'll see if I still feel this way tomorrow.:lol:

Pioneer Hall

I am so happy I bought a snowblower! I couldn't imagine shoveling all of this.

Seems like a good night to put together that Wilderness Lodge set I bought in August.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Thank goodness I don't have a long driveway. My mom has a huge driveway. My sister actually has an ATV with a plow on it that she uses on it. I think I may have to watch some Christmas movies.:D I just hope that my power doesn't go out. I do have a gas stove for heat and a generator in the garage along with a kerosene heater for the water pipes out there so they don't freeze.

DisneyInsider, you will have to keep me posted on how much snow you get where you are and I will let you know my status here.

Pam

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
Thank goodness I don't have a long driveway. My mom has a huge driveway. My sister actually has an ATV with a plow on it that she uses on it. I think I may have to watch some Christmas movies.:D I just hope that my power doesn't go out. I do have a gas stove for heat and a generator in the garage along with a kerosene heater for the water pipes out there so they don't freeze.

DisneyInsider, you will have to keep me posted on how much snow you get where you are and I will let you know my status here.

Pam

OK...will do.

I think we are supposed to get more here than you since it is coming from the south.

mudogs

Here in Ohio, they say we have close to a foot of snow with more coming over the next 24 hours. They are predicting up to 20 inches in our area. There is alot of blowing and drifting snow which is causing many roads to be closed...get ready, it's coming!
41 DAYS TIL WE GET TO THE WILDERNESS LODGE!:sohappy:

monorail256

Here in Greensburg, PA (about an hour outside of Pittsburgh) we are supposed to get an accumulation of 6-10 inches.. im excited! :sohappy:

Grumpy56

We've got at least a foot here and it's coming down harder than before. We were supposed to get some kind of a break but it just keeps coming down! Given that we spent 4 years in California before moving here in the summer of 2001 and last year we got like an inch of snow, my kids are very excited. However we do not own a snowblower so we'll see how excited my husband and I are at the end of the day!:lol:

Debbie

Here's a dumb question: At what point does everything shut down? The stores, highways, schools etc?

*Has image ingrained of Tramp trudging out in snow to supposedly walk dog; only to find him trying out new calligraphy techniques*

Grumpy56

The farther north you go, the longer it takes to shut things down. Here in Virginia, they seem to shut schools down if there is 3 inches or more of snow. The malls and churches are all shut down here today. I think up in New England they are more prepared (they've got more plows) so there needs to be more snow before they start shutting things down.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
We're supposed to get about 2 feet in Northern NJ. The worst of it is supposed to be up here. They will close the highways down for sure with this one. The kids are off from school tomorrow and hubby is off too, thank goodness!

Pam

brandonz

here in my area around allentown pa we are supposed to get aournd 10-12 inches...hopefully not another snowstorm like we had at xmas. We lost power at 12:45ish on xmas day and had to finish dinner on our gas grill. We didnt get power back for another 4 days. so my dad went out to home depot and bought a gernerator...LOL oh no the flurries have begun :cry: :lol:

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Debbie
Here's a dumb question: At what point does everything shut down? The stores, highways, schools etc?

*Has image ingrained of Tramp trudging out in snow to supposedly walk dog; only to find him trying out new calligraphy techniques*

Roads really don't close unless it is really terrible. Most people don't leave their homes at that point. The schools close if there is snow on the main roads around here. So if it snows in to the night and there is an accumulation that can make bus driving dangerous schools are closed. Store close at the owners discretion.

OldKeyWest24

I live in South Jersey and I havent seen so much snow scince I was 9 back in '96! My mom and dad are all prepared with the candles and flashlights all out. And me...I have My Snow Tube and Sled ready. Now all I need is a hill! haha. My friend is coming over for a sleepover because she "couldnt take being stranded in her house with her parents" lol Happy Snow days everyone! And remeber drink lots of Hot Cocoa!

Susan

lilkitty819

Hi all

Sitting here in MD.... We have 1 1/2 feet of snow and they just said that it was only half over at 6:20pm....they said to expect about 3feet:hammer: ...Am so tired of snow
:cry:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
It just started to snow here at 6:20p.m.
The fun begins!
Oh the weather outside is frightful
I don't remember how it goes ( somebody help me here) :)
Let it snow let it snow let it snow!

Pam

wdwmaniac

here in Southern New Jersey there calling for 30 inches. It been coming down all day, and if you need a snow blower or salt down here good luck finding it (sold 600 bags of salt in 2hrs. and 55 snowblowers)!!!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwmaniac
here in Southern New Jersey there calling for 30 inches. It been coming down all day, and if you need a snow blower or salt down here good luck finding it (sold 600 bags of salt in 2hrs. and 55 snowblowers)!!!

Oh my!!!:eek: 600 bags of salt and 55 snowblowers!!!!

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom