Biggest Change since 1998? Must See?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi All!

So much has changed in WDW since 1998 but what do you think the biggest changes/must sees are? My mom and I are planning a trip and she hasn't been since 1998!!! My DH and I have been several times but we do what we like and sometimes we are blind to what else is going on around us.

I don't want my mom to miss a thing so I am asking - what do you think the biggest change is since 1998 and what are your must sees?

One thing that I can think of is the new Space Mountain. Also, now Mickey is at the Theater on Main Street with a fast pass option. But what else! I don't want to miss a thing!

I can't wait to hear your suggestions!! We are going to MK and Epcot while we are there!!

Thank you!
:wave:

Cosmic Commando

I think just Future World in general would be a big change. Really the only thing that's the same is Energy. Innoventions has the same name, but I would bet it has near or at 100% turnover since 1998. Test Track, Mission:Space, SSE, The Seas, Soarin, and Imagination are all new/different. If all that change gets to be too much for her, just take her to World Showcase...

Upvote 0

wolf359

These are some off the top of my head. "Must sees" marked with an "*"

Magic Kingdom:

*Space Mountain update
Philharmagic
Winnie the Pooh
*Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
*Hall of Presidents update
*Pirates of the Caribbean update
*Haunted Mansion updates
Small World update

EPCOT:

*Spaceship Earth update
*The Seas w/ Nemo update
*Soarin'
Imagination update
Mission: Space
*Test Track
Gran Fiesta Tour update
*Reflections of China update
*O Canada update

Have fun! I'm taking my mom this June, and she hasn't been since '96, so I've had the same thing on my mind.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
These are some off the top of my head. "Must sees" marked with an "*"

Magic Kingdom:

*Space Mountain update
Philharmagic
Winnie the Pooh
*Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
*Hall of Presidents update
*Pirates of the Caribbean update
*Haunted Mansion updates
Small World update

EPCOT:

*Spaceship Earth update
*The Seas w/ Nemo update
*Soarin'
Imagination update
Mission: Space
*Test Track
Gran Fiesta Tour update
*Reflections of China update
*O Canada update

Have fun! I'm taking my mom this June, and she hasn't been since '96, so I've had the same thing on my mind.

Oh this is a great list! Some I had to think back and was like, Pirates update?? But you are SO right! No Jack Sparrow before! So yes, that will be new to her!

Have a great trip with your mom! Thank you again for this list! Awesome! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wolf359

Damn, I didn't realize that much has changed since then. That's a pretty short timeframe...

It is, and that's just those two parks. Add in the changes at Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom and it gets even longer.

Rock N' Rollercoaster, Lights, Motors, Action, Toy Story Midway Mania, American Idol, One Man's Dream, Sounds Dangerous, and soon the new Star Tours 3D have all popped up since 1998.

The additions to Animal Kingdom have been more modest, but that still includes all of Asia, Dino-Rama, and the Finding Nemo musical.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

dude... photopass and fastpass! I remember having to wait in massive lines! Jesus it was nice to see the fastpass come!

i know im old enough to remember the "old disney" no animal kingdom, no tower of terror (gasp!) mr. toad and all that good stuff. its amazing in the 20 years i have been alive alot of chages have occured.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Damn, I didn't realize that much has changed since then. That's a pretty short timeframe...

Ha ha - I know! And I was only thinking of two parks - not AK and DHS (MGM the last time she was there!) I'm so excited to show her "A Whole New World" - sorry, couldn't resist! :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom