Big Thunder Mountain's worth.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You people are depressing. These rides are two totally different rides. Plus, why complain? If they DO have an affect on each other (which I don't believe they do), then the more people lined of for 7D, the more chance I won't have to wait 40 minutes for Thunder.

Phonedave

To put it simply.

I ride BTMRR almost every time I visit WDW - often multiple times per trip.

I have no great desire to ride 7D ever again.

Don't get me wrong, the think the layout, themeing, design, anamatronics, for 7D was all very well done. But as a package, for some reason, I find it very underwhelming.

-dave

71jason

I don't know that 7 Dwarves is a "runaway" mine train. You go in to the mine, you go home again, seems on track to me.

That said, a park that supports Dueling Dumbos, Magic Carpets and Astro Blasters can probably support both these rides just fine.

bethymouse

OMG- do not touch BTMRR please! It's nice to have another "fun" ride at MK anyways! Just enjoy it ( albeit a very short ride 7DMT seems pretty cool).:cool: There's enough room for both rides to "survive".:cat:

copcarguyp71

Where is everyone saying "Turn it into a Frozen coaster"???

I always laugh when the latest, greatest movie encourages frothing fandom to the point where; if some people had their way the entire Magic Kingdom and DHS would be Frozened. I seem to remember a couple of years ago when everything "Should get a Wreck It Ralph overlay". I mean c'mon we got a bathroom inspired by Tangled what more could you want LOL!

Last edited:

FettFan

I mentioned this in the fantastic 'Unpopular Disney Opinions' thread and thought it was worth its own thread.

Since the arrival of the Dwarves Mine Train, how valuable is the BTM to the Magic Kingdom and Disney as a whole?

With two runaway mine trains now in one park, is there the demand and desire to ride BTM anymore?

I think the general consensus is that it is the least popular mountain of the three and, in my opinion, the worst overall ride. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a decent ride that kids enjoy, but compared to other mine trains it lacks excitement and speed that is admittedly replaced by a charming theme and design that fits the ride perfectly.

However, whilst the Dwarves Mine Train apparently lacks the thrills some hoped for, it is likely to be preferred by the kids given it's movie tie-in. As a result, what does BTM offer differently to anything else? Not a lot, and given the large area it takes up, IMO the space could be used better.

Of course there is the sentimental value that it possesses, but with the 50 year anniversary nearing and *he says in blind optimism* a huge update due in Magic Kingdom by 2021, might it be time to say farewell to BTM and give Frontierland a new, breathtaking ride?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Where is everyone saying "Turn it into a Frozen coaster"???

I always laugh when the latest, greatest movie encourages frothing fandom to the point where; if some people had their way the entire Magic Kingdom and DHS would be Frozened. I seem to remember a couple of years ago when everything "Should get a Wreck It Ralph" overlay. I mean c'mon we got a bathroom inspired by Tangled what more could you want LOL!

I'm waiting for Frozen to show up at DAK - the only park it's not appeared at. Speaking of bathrooms, what a waste of a tower. The first time I saw the completed tower, I thought, hey, a Tangled ride, M&G, something other than a bathroom. But they do have the nice Dyson hand dryers.....

BigTxEars

I prefer BTM at night (love the view of the castle from it at night) but I think I prefer 7DMT during the day. Neither are, nor need to go anywhere anytime soon. I certainly don't think the addition of 7DMT took anything away from BTM :)

STITCHGEFAN

Original Poster
Happy to be put in my place!

Amazing how opinions differ. Everytime we go my family and whoever we go with are underwhelmed by BTM, so much so that we haven't been on it the past two occasions. Guess it's just us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom