Big Thunder Mountain

tmp

Original Poster
Quick question - Do you have to take a boat or ferry to ride on Big thunder Mountain? I just got a map it seems that the attraction is on an island. Just curious I have never been here and probably never will.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That is one of the coolest parts! The load station is on land, and the ride is on an island. So you board your train on land, and then dive down into a tunnel, go underneath the water, and appear on the island. :) Its very cool!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by twilightgirl
It is on land..... not an island.........:lol: first time to WDW ?

This is the Disneyland Paris board, not the WDW board (read the board description ;) ....

... and at Paris, Big Thunder is on an island as I described above. ;)

WiCKMaN

The Parisian version of BTM is very cool because of the tunnel going under the water, and still it's themed like the classic Big Thunder Mountains.

tmp

Original Poster
That seems great. After looking at the park map DLP just seems amazing. Maybe it is no better then the other "Magic Kingdoms", but it sure seems to have alot to offer and to be alot more advanced. Thanks for the help! Maybe I'll get there someday I just don't know that if i get the chance to go to Paris my wife would be to thrilled about spending more time at a Disney park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom