Rumor Big Thunder Mountain to receive full retrack

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I had 2 sources come to me with this information within a short span of time. It'll take over a year, and will result in a much smoother ride. It'll likely close in either July or early August with an announcement coming soon. Please note I got permission to share all details provided by me in this thread.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

I had 2 sources come to me with this information within a short span of time. One, to protect their job, asked me not to share it, but the second said it was fine. It'll take nearly 3 years, and will result in a much smoother ride. It'll close likely in either July or early August with an announcement coming soon.
Has this happened to any Big Thunder before?

Any relation to Beyond Big Thunder?

Purduevian

I had 2 sources come to me with this information within a short span of time. One, to protect their job, asked me not to share it, but the second said it was fine. It'll take nearly 3 years, and will result in a much smoother ride. It'll close likely in either July or early August with an announcement coming soon.
How would re-tracking a rollercoaster take 3 years? Incredible Hulk's 3,700ft took 11 months. BTMRR is 2,780ft and is much lower to the ground/less intense of a ride

Starship824

In the Parks
No
So basically just doing what DLR did a few years ago.

MerlinTheGoat

3 years? It didn’t take that long to build it!
Indeed. And for reference, DL's retrack I believe was actually delayed and went over schedule for its original intended reopening. Still only took 14 months though.

So either Disney are returning to bad habits of dragging out construction times over unreasonably long periods, or more work than just a retrack is being done to the surrounding areas. Like Beyond Big Thunder related crap.

Smiley/OCD

There must be ulterior motives for this…for all the crybabies on here that INSIST SM needs a retrack, and they’re doing BTMRR first?
I know what fanboys want and what Disney does are 2 different things, but it doesn’t make much sense to me…I guess SM isn’t as bad as everyone thinks…I love old wooden roller coasters, so the rougher the ride, the better…

arich35

I will choose not to believe you. Big Thunder is my favorite ride and our 5 year old finally rode it last month and loved it so her not being able to go back on in December and 2 more years after that would be a huge disappointment

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom