Big reduction on Annual Passholder discounts at Walt Disney World mini-golf courses and boat rentals

sjhym333

My issue with those prices going up right now is 3 out of 4 parks are under heavy construction, and that fourth had cuts to entertainment, innovations and rides. With gas prices dropping it would seem the prices of everything else should drop too. Silly me for trying to think logically again.

I would expect that Disney will say that the parks are still an incredible value even with all the construction and increased prices.

Figment2005

I would expect that Disney will say that the parks are still an incredible value even with all the construction and increased prices.
With the AP they actually still are. I can't remember who did the math, but it was earlier in this thread. Something along the lines of if a person visits Disney once a month with their premium AP, they are basically spending around 60.00 a day. That is a big savings, and that savings only increases the more you visit. That is the primary goal of the AP, and if you are buying an AP simply for the merchandise discount or mini golf discount, then I personally feel you are buying it for the wrong reason.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
With the AP they actually still are. I can't remember who did the math, but it was earlier in this thread. Something along the lines of if a person visits Disney once a month with their premium AP, they are basically spending around 60.00 a day. That is a big savings, and that savings only increases the more you visit. That is the primary goal of the AP, and if you are buying an AP simply for the merchandise discount or mini golf discount, then I personally feel you are buying it for the wrong reason.

Let's face it you basically break even at the 10 day mark, But lets face it one of the things which saved WDW's bacon post tech bubble 9/11 and 08 fiscal crisis was the AP holder who CONTINUED to spend money at the parks one of Disney's biggest mistakes is thinking DVC and AP holders are 'locked in' and they don't have to do anything for that segment of their customers.

One of the reasons DL caters to their AP holders is when quality dropped they stayed away in DROVES and DL's bottom line was severely impacted. To be fair DL's customers are a bit overweighted with AP holders so DL dialed back the perks on the low end and improved them somewhat on the high tiers.

What TDO forgets is if they alienate their most loyal customers, they are NOT going to be there when WDW needs them.

Figment2005

Let's face it you basically break even at the 10 day mark, But lets face it one of the things which saved WDW's bacon post tech bubble 9/11 and 08 fiscal crisis was the AP holder who CONTINUED to spend money at the parks one of Disney's biggest mistakes is thinking DVC and AP holders are 'locked in' and they don't have to do anything for that segment of their customers.

One of the reasons DL caters to their AP holders is when quality dropped they stayed away in DROVES and DL's bottom line was severely impacted. To be fair DL's customers are a bit overweighted with AP holders so DL dialed back the perks on the low end and improved them somewhat on the high tiers.

What TDO forgets is if they alienate their most loyal customers, they are NOT going to be there when WDW needs them.
I just don't understand why it is such a big deal, and considered alienating, when instead of saving 7 dollars at mini golf, a guest only saves 2. Saving is saving, and like I said before, if that is all they wanted from the annual pass, then I think somebodies priorities are out of order.

Californian Elitist

I just don't understand why it is such a big deal, and considered alienating, when instead of saving 7 dollars at mini golf, a guest only saves 2. Saving is saving, and like I said before, if that is all they wanted from the annual pass, then I think somebodies priorities are out of order.

It's the whole principle of the matter, which is why people are upset.

raven

I know what you mean by it's now cheaper to run WDW buses, rides, etc bc of lower fuel but that just means more savings on the balance sheet while the prices of admission directly relate to supply/demand and when there is more money in your pocket that is an increased demand in a company's eye.

The monorail operation times have already been slashed. It's Ferry Boat only from the MK lot to MK mid-day now. As far as falling gas prices, that's not a Disney thing. That savings should be spent how those people want, not how Disney wants.

It's a small issue when you look at it simply. But overall it just adds up to the already diminishing perks of being an AP. Things like this show they really don't care much anymore for them.

And all AP's are not all locals. I had an AP when I lived out of state because I had planned a vacation twice per year and it was cheaper to get an AP than it was to pay for separated tickets.

afb28

As far as falling gas prices, that's not a Disney thing. That savings should be spent how those people want, not how Disney wants.
That savings means more money in peoples pockets which means more people are willing to go on vacation so the #1 vacation destination in the world knows this and has zero problem raising prices as they know demand has increased due to consumers having more money.

Victor Kelly

raven, don't get me started on the monorail. It was down almost every day from 12 to 5 pm everyday when we were there. It was for "maintenance" we were told before the marathon. Yet it was closed for 5 hours midday after the marathon too.

betty rose

The monorail operation times have already been slashed. It's Ferry Boat only from the MK lot to MK mid-day now. As far as falling gas prices, that's not a Disney thing. That savings should be spent how those people want, not how Disney wants.

It's a small issue when you look at it simply. But overall it just adds up to the already diminishing perks of being an AP. Things like this show they really don't care much anymore for them.

And all AP's are not all locals. I had an AP when I lived out of state because I had planned a vacation twice per year and it was cheaper to get an AP than it was to pay for separated tickets.
I live out of state, and do the same thing.

Seth7721

I rented a boat at the Poly marina last year, and the price with the discount was great! It wound up being a lot of fun! (Except for having to sign a waiver that if I catch a coliform bacteria from the water I can't sue.) I definietly will not ever rents the boats again now...

I'm sick of reading people justifying taking away the discounts, because APs spend less. I'm pretty sure they spend more! I go to Disney once a month, and stay on property. I also eat all my meals at Disney. The family visitis once a year! I know this isn't the same for all APs, but Im sure a lot do what I do, especially if you live in Florida.

Last edited:

raven

That savings means more money in peoples pockets which means more people are willing to go on vacation so the #1 vacation destination in the world knows this and has zero problem raising prices as they know demand has increased due to consumers having more money.

So people around the US should all be like "I just saved $0.30 at the pump. Let's all go to Disney World!"

??? Sadly I think it's gonna take a lot more savings than that. Even a dollar per gallon doesn't justify a $100 ticket.

yedliW

??? Sadly I think it's gonna take a lot more savings than that. Even a dollar per gallon doesn't justify a $100 ticket.

It may not justify a $100 ticket, but it may be the difference between a meal at Casey's than at Crystal Palace for someone already going.. or an extra little tchotchke while there, or the difference between a stay at All Stars and Port Orleans..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom