Big Is Beautiful !

real mad hatter

Morning Everyone..One question that pops up now & again,is people concerned about the size of a resort.The first time I read about PORS before booking it,was its huge,with lots of walking involved.:eek: I was imagining this massive layout of buildings stretching for miles.As it turns out,we loved it.Yes it's spread out,but as far as walking goes.I walk ten times as much in the parks.Now I can see if there's a family with elderly people,it may not be the right resort for them,but for us,two adults & a teenager,it's perfect. So I'am all for " Big is Beautiful " and prefer a resort that isn't " squashed " together,so to speak.What are your views on this topic..And does a large layout resort put you off.?;)

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
It really doesn't factor into our choice of resort at all. Frankly, if you don't enjoy walking you need to find another place to vacation. But I have to say I prefer the smaller resorts we've stayed in. It's probably more the intimate feel, proximity to the parks, and transportation options than size though.

Upvote 0

disneysince71

Come on, Your just a pup,42 years young.You should be able to jog to the food courts at your age.Wait till you hit the big 60,I'll be the one on a ECV ( is that correct ) anyway,the wee electric buggy shouting," out my way,the cookie bar is mine." ;)
ok your right! I am a PE/Health Teacher I recant my comment.... I believe everyone can use a few extra steps to get to there BURGER/FRIES/COKE AND DESSERT :)

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

I love the more spread out moderates to the compact deluxe hotels. It seems like there is less hustle and bustle and you can actually relax and unwind. Instead of walks through endless corridors that feel like one of the old backgrounds in the TV show The Flintstones where you swear you walk past the same table with flowers and painting on the wall five times on your way to your room I would rather see the occasional gecko and varied picturesque scenery.

I have always wondered why people will walk 5-7 miles a day happily in the parks but then whine and complain like it is the end of the world about a 500 yard walk to their room:confused:

Because after that 5-7 miles of walking and 14 hours on my feet that last 500 yard walk totally sucks.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
New thread Hatter... How many steps to work off your favorite meal... :)
Believe it or not.I do eat more at Disney in two weeks than I do at home,yet I don't put on any serious weight.At home Theres not many things to tease me,but like at Disney,every corner has a yummy shop shouting me in.So without a doubt,the walking round the parks helps to keep the weight down.;)

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

Believe it or not.I do eat more at Disney in two weeks than I do at home,yet I don't put on any serious weight.At home Theres not many things to tease me,but like at Disney,every corner has a yummy shop shouting me in.So without a doubt,the walking round the parks helps to keep the weight down.;)

You aren't trying hard enough... I always end up putting on 5 pounds and we go non stop from open to close...too much food, so little time.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

I spent a week in Vegas around Memorial Day, and when I got back home weighed myself and found I was only 2 pounds up from when I'd left. After having eaten everything under the sun that week, I think that's pretty good.

Upvote 0

jenluvswdw

I am all for walking, but I found CBR to be a pain in the ..... to get around.:eek: I must say we vacation in August and the heat really makes it more treacherous. However, we also stayed in POR Riverside in August and found it a lot shorter and more pleasant to get from point A to B. Maybe there is more shade and a little less spread out. This summer it is BLT.:) I will miss the POR's beautiful theming but can't beat the convenience. Saving all my walking for the park.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

I dont think PORS is spread out too much, but I found Coranado way too spread out. Not a fan, and to be honest POFQ was perfect. I was in one of if not the furthest room and found the walk to be no more than 5 to 7 min to the food court and pool. I know walking off meals is great and all but I do plenty of that at the parks and with little kids its hard.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom