Big Chat

clermont

Original Poster
I called my titile big talk b/c I have quite a few things to say first;
how does the gun work in the Great Movie Ride it sounds cool!
Has anyone ever tried staying on a disney ride and not get out?
Has anyone ever hid somewhere and stayed in the disney park after the park closed?
Is it true that they do not turn off the Haunted Mansion at night?

Legacy

Blanks
I'm sure it has happened, but hasn't worked.
I'm sure it has happened, but hasn't worked.
Nope, they turn it off.

clermont

Original Poster
dang, my gramps lied to me, he works the clean up crew and said they dont turn it off

but lol, me and my firends might "accidentaly" stay after by "accident":p ;)

Legacy

clermont said:
dang, my gramps lied to me, he works the clean up crew and said they dont turn it off

but lol, me and my firends might "accidentaly" stay after by "accident":p ;)
Then you might "accidently" get found by security and "accidentily" arrested for trespassing.

Trust me, it's not worth the risk.

Vernonpush

A friend and I rode Space Ship Earth one night about 8:50 p.m. and when we got to the end, the CM asked us if we wanted to ride again. We rode a second time without getting off. I guess it was because we were the only people on the ride.

longfamily

There are many times when people have attempted to stay hidden in the parks after close. The biggest story I can remember is when two not so bright high school students decided to hide on Tom Sawyers island after hours. The only way to get across to land was to swim. They both drowned.
Today there are cameras all over the parks. It would prove very difficult to the extreme to get away with such a feat. Besides, why would you want to?

Enderikari

clermont said:
Has anyone ever tried staying on a disney ride and not get out?
Has anyone ever hid somewhere and stayed in the disney park after the park closed?
Is it true that they do not turn off the Haunted Mansion at night?

A. Well, I did fall asleep on the TTA one glorious day and rode for 6 hours, a cast member woke me up, not to insist I get off, but to make sure I didn't have anything else going on that day, they would have kept letting me ride to close. So, i guess that qualifies.
B. Yes, some people have tried. They are always found, and if you do so, you are marked in the system as "trepassed" meaning you are not allowed back onto Disney Property... ever.
C. The Mansion outdoor audio has been known to go off all night, the wolf howling and all. But the costs in keeping the attraction on all night would be too monstrous to conceive, so.... no.

MickeyLuv'r

If you are on a ride, and there is nobody waiting, they will let you stay on sometimes - this is most likely right before the park is about to close. I once rode BTMR a number of times in a row. The funny thing was, two days later we returned to the MK, and the wait in the middle of the day was two hours! The contrast in the crowds really made the park unbearable.

Not For Sale

The only ride I know that you can't ride a second time without getting off is space mountain. Unliess you are suicidal and want to be decapitated (sp?)

clermont

Original Poster
??? I have not been on Space Mountain in a fe w years, how will you be decapited? is there a spike or something???????:confused:

Scooter

Enderikari said:
A. Well, I did fall asleep on the TTA one glorious day and rode for 6 hours, a cast member woke me up, not to insist I get off, but to make sure I didn't have anything else going on that day, they would have kept letting me ride to close. So, i guess that qualifies.

SIX HOURS? Hmmmm...Why do I have a hard time believeing this? :rolleyes:

Anyway...I have on more than one ocasion stayed on The Tomorrowland Transit Authority ride.

I have also been told on occasion that I couldn't stay on it.

I havn't had the nerve to ask on any other ride.

tigger248

clermont said:
??? I have not been on Space Mountain in a fe w years, how will you be decapited? is there a spike or something???????:confused:

Between the ride unload and load areas the rockets go through a tunnel, or something of that nature, that wouldn't have enough clearance for someone to fit through. The cars don't stop, and if you don't fit through the area, then your likely to lose whatever part of you is sticking up that won't fit (usually your head).

I think Pirates may have a similar system, but I would only know by looking either ahead at unload or back at load. You can see a "tunnel" like thing that the boat goes in and out of that would only fit the boat. The difference is, you could probably lay down in the floorboard of the boat and make it through (but a cm would probably never allow you to just stay in the boat).

phlydude

longfamily said:
There are many times when people have attempted to stay hidden in the parks after close. The biggest story I can remember is when two not so bright high school students decided to hide on Tom Sawyers island after hours. The only way to get across to land was to swim. They both drowned.
Today there are cameras all over the parks. It would prove very difficult to the extreme to get away with such a feat. Besides, why would you want to?

They must have been pretty short as the river around Tom Sawyer is only about 5-6 feet deep. :lol: - I think this might be park of Disney folklore

Captain Hank

As for the HM staying on all night, I was under the impression that there is a "sleep" mode that the animatronics go into so that the hydrolics don't freeze up during the night. They aren't going through full show motions, just a movement here and there. I think I read somewhere that a few of the small effects, like some of the corridor of doors effects stay on. I could be wrong though. Certainly the whole show doesn't stay on all night.

m star

tigger248 said:
I think Pirates may have a similar system, but I would only know by looking either ahead at unload or back at load. You can see a "tunnel" like thing that the boat goes in and out of that would only fit the boat. The difference is, you could probably lay down in the floorboard of the boat and make it through (but a cm would probably never allow you to just stay in the boat).
It does! A CM once showed me what the ride system looks like between the unloading and loading area. That is how they raise the boats back up to the loading area. (at Disneyland, you actually ride back up)

Lee

Adventurer
phlydude said:
They must have been pretty short as the river around Tom Sawyer is only about 5-6 feet deep. :lol: - I think this might be park of Disney folklore

Nope...it happened...at Disneyland.

In 1973, eighteen-year-old Bogden Delaurot drowned after hiding on Tom Sawyer island with his ten-year-old brother. While swimming to shore with the brother on his back, Bogden went down about halfway across. Security heard them yelling and managed to get a boat out to them. Ironically, the younger brother, who couldn't swim, was rescued...Bogden Delarout drowned.

Later, during a Grad Night celebration in 1983, eighteen-year-old Phillip Straughan, who was intoxicated with a blood-alcohol level of .19, commandeered a maintenance boat with a friend and went for a ride on the Rivers. Unfortunately, they hit an obstacle and Phillip was thrown from the boat. The friend looked for him, but his body was found about an hour later, in about four feet of water.

In both cases, the families of the deceased sued Disneyland for wrongful death....both lost.

PrinceDon

Epcot After hours

We weren't hiding, but a couple of years ago, I wanted to get some night pictures in World Showcase. We lingered for a while after Illuminations then I started taking pictures, walked around everywhere. CM's walked by us but no one said anything. It was about 11:00 before we walked out of the park. Great pictures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom