Big changes coming to the DREAM! (and they're awesome)

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
@wogwog Tammy is on the Dream and unable to reply right now, but I was able to get some info from her:

There is a charge for new food in 687, but there was no free food in there in the past. There was still free snack spread in the clubs last night. We didn't go by there but it was listed in the Navigator and is listed again tonight. Definitely free snacks at Cove Cafe and Vista Cafe. Saw those. So there is some new upcharge food in one place, but still an abundance of free food elsewhere.

She said to definitely ask if you have any more questions! =)

I know what replaced what for all items expect BBB. What did we lose for that to be installed?

wogwog

@wogwog Tammy is on the Dream and unable to reply right now, but I was able to get some info from her:

There is a charge for new food in 687, but there was no free food in there in the past. There was still free snack spread in the clubs last night. We didn't go by there but it was listed in the Navigator and is listed again tonight. Definitely free snacks at Cove Cafe and Vista Cafe. Saw those. So there is some new upcharge food in one place, but still an abundance of free food elsewhere.

She said to definitely ask if you have any more questions! =)
@Disneyfalcon @GrumpysWife Thanks. I knew she was sailing and would have news. Thanks for the assist. I just do not trust Disney after what they have done in the parks recently. My family is multiple platinum so we love the product but... . Friends and family have recently branched out to another line sailing from Florida where we all live and has favorable opinions of the cruises. No children are involved so the in family reviews compare all other experiences as superior to, equal to, or only a little less than Disney. I am getting my first exposure to this cruise line in a few days. Have not abandoned Disney as I have future DCL cruises booked but I am watching them. :cautious:

Happy sailing to both of you and thanks for the information. Say high to @sweetpee_1993

Added. Just heard from an acquaintance who is part of the crew on the Dream the upscale snacks are $8 to $18. :jawdrop:

Nmoody1

@Disneyfalcon @GrumpysWife Thanks. I knew she was sailing and would have news. Thanks for the assist. I just do not trust Disney after what they have done in the parks recently. My family is multiple platinum so we love the product but... . Friends and family have recently branched out to another line sailing from Florida where we all live and has favorable opinions of the cruises. No children are involved so the in family reviews compare all other experiences as superior to, equal to, or only a little less than Disney. I am getting my first exposure to this cruise line in a few days. Have not abandoned Disney as I have future DCL cruises booked but I am watching them. :cautious:

Happy sailing to both of you and thanks for the information. Say high to @sweetpee_1993

Added. Just heard from an acquaintance who is part of the crew on the Dream the upscale snacks are $8 to $18. :jawdrop:

Would love to know what the new food offering is.

This does annoy me. In 2010 we cruised the med on the Magic and snacks were offered not just in the evening, but also in the early evening before dinner - mostly nachos and wings, but it was FREE. I always wish they did an offering on the Fantasy earlier in the day at Europa rather than just the late night snacks

GrumpysWife

You are very welcome! :) Thank you for the warm wishes!

Disneyfalcon

I'm at the airport! Snacks were expensive in 687, but there were still free snacks in the District every night. So instead of taking away, it seems they were just adding at this point.

No dancing in Evolution yet! I didn't get a chance to ask anyone why.

The ship looked gorgeous overall with a few unadvertised updates.

Disneyfalcon

Leaving me hanging like that?

Oops! Let's see, there was a ton of shade added, which was great. The AquaDuck line had shade over it and a heat resistant paint on the ground to help with the deck temperature. The concierge sun deck had shade and a jacuzzi added. It was soooo much better.

There was a new Frozen horn which surprised us all. All of the clubs had technology updates and new seating for some.

We loved Vanellope's and Star Wars was awesome. Both Jedi training experiences were fun as well.

Sans Souci

What... are they not using it as a nightclub? Can you not dance in there?!

I was on the Dream in September and there was no dancing after the shows. The only exception was costume competition night, they let us dance on the floor to determine which category the costumes would be in. After that, there was no dancing in Evolution, they said you could dance in the District Lounge, which was a minuscule dance floor. :(

The floor in Evolution did look pretty beat up though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom