News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

celluloid

Case in point......They were never clear about what these "futuristic" outfits represented..
cd96db3d9c0dbeb3786e867e7b570edc.jpg
Reach for, hope and desire, building a world that inspires.

KDM31091

Remember when they used the Wonders of Life pavilion for the festival center?

They put on a very good show back then.
Yup. At least there was some effort put into it. With so many recent projects it just feels like they’re phoning it in.

I don’t even see the point of this as guaranteed it’s the same merch you can get elsewhere in the park anyway, yet it destroys a lot of the quiet seating aspect of the building. So it’s a lose lose

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’m not even disappointed with anything they do anymore I am past that. I just find their continuing decline funny now.
I'm still disappointed, because I know how much better they could do. Particularly when it comes to merchandise - It's the exact same damn thing every time - Spirit jersey, t-shirt, ears, Loungefly. Sometimes throw in a coffee mug. B. O. R. I. N. G. And... S. T. A. L. E.

tparris

I don’t understand why anything needed to be knocked down in order to provide this? Do they have money to burn?
Stuff was knocked down assuming the giant table would be built. Think of that plan what you will, it would have at least been more understandable than this

Gusey

At least the two food kiosks are open, which I haven't seen in any other photos and thought they had budget cut. At least WDW Magic's photos makes the space look a little less barren

Moth

I'm still disappointed, because I know how much better they could do. Particularly when it comes to merchandise - It's the exact same damn thing every time - Spirit jersey, t-shirt, ears, Loungefly. Sometimes throw in a coffee mug. B. O. R. I. N. G. And... S. T. A. L. E.
Oh thank God I'm not alone in thinking the merch has become more.... systematic? Feels more like check boxes for the diehard collectors than cute souvenirs for a vacation. All it's missing is a Funko Pop at this rate.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Oh thank God I'm not alone in thinking the merch has become more.... systematic? Feels more like check boxes for the diehard collectors than cute souvenirs for a vacation. All it's missing is a Funko Pop at this rate.

Pretty much. It's been like that for a number of years. Zero thought or creativity put into anything, just have an intern churn out a couple of quick, cheap designs so we can get all the boxes checked for what the eBay resellers will snap up. I think the creativity for the annual merchandise went away after 2014, and Chapek got rid of the rest by the end of 2016.

J4546

i didnt know there were food options in the space at all, how did i miss that? Thats kinda nice having a couple counter service spots in there, but otherwise a bore.

But again I didnt know there were counter service spots built into this behind fake walls before so thats a nice plus imo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom