News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

wdrive

Because all they do is post the same old ridiculous tantrums about the Evolving Epcot project. As Jasmine Masters once said "Again, a-freaking-gin? Nothing new, nothing different, same old stuff, same old stupid stuff"

It’s the first time I’ve seen anyone post about the stage not aligning with Spaceship Earth. Granted I’ve really not read anywhere close to every post in this thread.

Epcot81Fan

No because I’m standing up for people to give their opinion on a discussion board and don’t like to see people bullied into silence just because someone else doesn’t like their idea
Don’t worry - nobody is being bullied into silence by the hyperventilating histrionics of these people defending Disney at every turn.

Their desperate, rationalizing posts are hilarious and would be missed.

#absolutelyremarkable

trainplane3

No because I’m standing up for people to give their opinion on a discussion board and don’t like to see people bullied into silence just because someone else doesn’t like their idea
Nah. They post the same lame thing on repeat in other threads. It's a boring act. They need to find a new one. Go check out the Joe Rohde thread and witness a repeat posting of Dinoland. Or anytime Joe is mentioned.

Epcot82Guy

That is very true. Though, for those of us who have been around for awhile, we do get pretty intense at time. (And that's for all of us on "a side".) Any time we are coming with that intensity can alienate people with valid opinions. I do think it's always helpful to self reflect from time to time. Tone does ultimately matter, even on a Disney discussion board. Everyone is certainly free to post how they want. I find openness to others' ideas always garners a better discussion personally. So, if we can do more of that - all the better. That's the only point I'm making.

Cmdr_Crimson

They couldn’t have centered this on Spaceship Earth or a centered focal point in the background?

It hurts my brain to look at it.

EDIT: Apparently WDI’s goal was an off-centered, awkward placement in a formally beautifully symmetrical design.

In that case - crushing it, WDI!!!

View attachment 778751
Best way to get a better idea...If you were facing directly straight at the former timeline that is where the open air theater is...
innoventions-west-empty-2019-9.jpg

And to the left is the new walkway..By the former washrooms were.
7999f8_aade4b0c29554ba398f91baa3e68b701~mv2.jpg

Epcot81Fan

It boggles my mind how everyone wants to pull out time, fully disregarding the reality of what Covid did to this, and to the financials that caused some changes. Bravo to you, you are the enlightened....
Great point!

Universal is so lucky that Covid never happened a couple miles up the I4 so they could build this over the same timeframe:

1712931310405.jpeg

But hey, Disney created a horrible guest experience for five years in the entire center of the park to bring us this impressive, majestic stage, because um, Covid, or something.

Incomudro

It wasn’t though? They original poster just said it looks bad and should be aligned with Spaceship Earth. That’s not some baseless and flawed logic opinion that should be shut down. And you, as you often do when you disagree with someone on here, jumped down the posters throat.
You have to understand...
There are a handful of people for any build who have decided they hate something and will nitpick something to hate all along the way.
When proven wrong, because that "thing" actually winds up looking beautiful and better than its predecessor - they will then move on to the next thing to pick on.
And it's different than mere critique.
I have or had my share of issues with Tiana's for instance, but I adjust with new information.
I didn't decide that I hated it because I didn't want Splash replaced (and I didn't want it replaced) and then went on to claim everything about it is terrible.

Incomudro

Great point!

Universal is so lucky that Covid never happened a couple miles up the I4 so they could build this over the same timeframe:

View attachment 778873

But hey, Disney created a horrible guest experience for five years in the entire center of the park to bring us this impressive, majestic stage, because um, Covid, or something.
While I agree that even given COVID, Disney took forever to do this.
We also have to remember that this was a demolition job, plus a rebuild being performed in a park during opening hours.
That's way different than constructing a new park.

Incomudro

they essentially cordoned off the entire central core....so even though the park was open, they were pretty free to do what they needed to do...they were not delicately working around throngs of people in the area...
True, and like I said - it still took too long.
Demolition and a rebuild however is often lengthy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom